Lonnie Holdaway and the Hurricane CD reissues scam

I like this quote on the site....

FOR THE NEXT 7 DAYS, ANYONE WHO ORDERS 2 OR MORE OF THE CD SPECIALS WILL RECEIVE A CD OF THEIR CHOICE FREE OF CHARGE, THAT'S RIGHT ANY OF THE CD'S ON THIS SITE.........

Looks like he was planning the runaway and was desperate for a few extra dollars to top up the swiss bank account.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a page full of Metal Mayhem releases listed on the site as well:

http://www.freewebs.com/lrc72316/cdsinstock.htm

I wonder if Ryan was possibly ripped off in some manner too?

3.) Is his name really 'Lonnie Holdaway'......? I would be surprised if it is, as this is an easy case to prosecute and it wouldn't take much to find him. There are phone records and physical adresses.....a trail.....

Well, seems there is a person called Lonnie Holdaway in Blytheville, AR. There is an info on classmates.com he attended high school there in 1984-1988 which sounds about correct age.

Also, this link: http://fuelmypain.com/modules.php?name=New...e=article&sid=3 , there is a "contact Lonnie" link in the text someplace in mid-page, which links to his e-mail address (lrc72315@sbcglobal.net).

It is not clear from the page if this is a past, or upcoming event (there is a copyright©1998 note at the end, but it could indicate the establisment for this online service). In any case there are some phone #s in the bottom of the page that can be followed.

P.S. oops, sorry, I see Mike has beaten me up to this info already.

It really makes me wonder if the actual perpetrator *is* a Lonnie Holdaway.....or if he's been using that name for some time knowing that he could without being discovered. I mean........if he's actually 'Lonnie Holdaway' the feds will catch him quite quickly, I would think....

Also, it would be interesting to see if Paypal will pursue this.

I ordered the 3 hurricane titles and I can say that the money went to lonnies email.

3.) Is his name really 'Lonnie Holdaway'......? I would be surprised if it is, as this is an easy case to prosecute and it wouldn't take much to find him. There are phone records and physical adresses.....a trail.....

Well, seems there is a person called Lonnie Holdaway in Blytheville, AR. There is an info on classmates.com he attended high school there in 1984-1988 which sounds about correct age.

Also, this link: http://fuelmypain.com/modules.php?name=New...e=article&sid=3 , there is a "contact Lonnie" link in the text someplace in mid-page, which links to his e-mail address (lrc72315@sbcglobal.net).

It is not clear from the page if this is a past, or upcoming event (there is a copyright©1998 note at the end, but it could indicate the establisment for this online service). In any case there are some phone #s in the bottom of the page that can be followed.

P.S. oops, sorry, I see Mike has beaten me up to this info already.

It really makes me wonder if the actual perpetrator *is* a Lonnie Holdaway.....or if he's been using that name for some time knowing that he could without being discovered. I mean........if he's actually 'Lonnie Holdaway' the feds will catch him quite quickly, I would think....

Also, it would be interesting to see if Paypal will pursue this.

alright..being the internet detective i am (LOL)..i did a reverse check on the phone # KING had for lon. and it came back with this info..ALSO..try this take his address and enter it in mapquest and then weed out the neighbors 1 by 1 to find out who is the nearest..and then call the neighbor...Danny

Lonnie's personal information removed at his request.

Holy Cow Danny, you are Sherlock friggin Holmes.....lol....

alright..being the internet detective i am (LOL)..i did a reverse check on the phone # KING had for lon. and it came back with this info..ALSO..try this take his address and enter it in mapquest and then weed out the neighbors 1 by 1 to find out who is the nearest..and then call the neighbor...Danny

Just wondering why "Lonnie/David" started this thread in the first place. Didn't he know this would actually draw attention to him? <_<

I think because he knew that Georg was going to beat him to the punch with his inquiry......that's my guess....

He is...isn't he Miguel!!! :D;)

Just wondering why "Lonnie/David" started this thread in the first place. Didn't he know this would actually draw attention to him? <_<

I think because he knew that Georg was going to beat him to the punch with his inquiry......that's my guess....

He is...isn't he Miguel!!! :D;)

Jim, you hit it on the head, he was hoping to start this thread about the car crash, if everyone bought that excuse it would give him more time.....

yeah, I am surprised danny hasn't turned up Jimmy Hoffa yet.....no kidding I bet he could! :)

Also, didn't any of you find it 'odd' that his website was set up on a freeserver website hosting URL??

Indeed; I think subconciously that's why I didn't order anything from him...I was waiting for the glowing reports from other members to come pouring in before I sent the ol $$$ his way.

Also, something else to note about the RnR Records website...if you look around on it, you'll find NO contact info of any kind. NO email address, NO mailing address, NOTHING. The only thing there is the automated Pay Pal process set-up to take in the $$$

www.freewebs.com/lrc72316

Mike

PayPal has been notified and the website was reported to them as well as the possibility of fraud on many levels. They are going to investigate.

I am speechless on what I have read. When I first saw this topic I could hardly believe it had 7 pages in just a couple days. I kept reading because it just didn't seem right. Not sure I'm glad I did cause now I feel sick. This almost seems like a story on CSI or something. The whole thing just seems crazy.

I still don't get the reason they made up the story about the wreck. All that did was draw more attention to the fraud. Also, how in the hell is it possible that in the long drawn out time it has taken for him to sign, remaster, and prepare to release albums that not one of the bands he supposedly signed ever find out? I thought that within our community we had connections to just about everything.

I still don't get the reason they made up the story about the wreck. All that did was draw more attention to the fraud.

He had to, coz Georg had posted the warning info already on AOR Heaven site. So Lon tried to beat him up and came with the "accident" story, which did held for awhile actually.

Also, how in the hell is it possible that in the long drawn out time it has taken for him to sign, remaster, and prepare to release albums that not one of the bands he supposedly signed ever find out? I thought that within our community we had connections to just about everything.

Maybe because no one suspected him and felt necessary to contact the bands. I for one never for a second thought it could be a scam. Some people obviously had back thoughts, but never shared a word in the open, so it went unnoticed. I personally am amazed that no one complained about the preordering price of $17.99, but then I did not complain either, although it is a very high price for an indy re-issue in my opinion (especially on preorder when one would expect some courtecy discount). I can only hope not many people actually did preorder (I'd be VERY surprised if he got more than 200 CDs preorder total), but still the sole fact he skinned Georg for $5000, Adriano for $1000, Sam for 50 CDs, Jarred for $160 shows he walked away with some cash, which is very disturbing and wrong.

I know this situation sucks and all, but posting peoples contact info is probably a no-no ;)

• 2023 Gold Donors

I will add that of the one or two times I had dealings with Lon he was both responsive & quick with sending the payment. Needless to say, it would help immensely if he and/or David would explain what's goin on, and here on H.H.! Their silence/not replying/posting isn't helping their side (whatever their side is or might be), which quite a growing number of folks probably don't care and/or want to hear, nor will believe now. If (which it seems to be more now) the pre-release of reissues wasn't much more than a scam, it sure was one helluva elaborate one.......which definitely SUCKS! It looks like many folks maybe close on his/their heels......not to mention wanting their $$$ back (myself included), with interest!

Man this is absolutely nuts. I am again speechless, Lon always messaged me and we had numerous "almost" trades but they never panned out and figured it was cuz of my own sketchiness and distrust. He seemed like a good guy though, can't believe such a premeditated plan to scam people was in order. Coming from experience I always wondered about trades with people from the South (not people in general from the South), but a group of people who did things similar from Arkansas and Florida. Cynthia Wolf comes to mind, but was never one to trust her/him.

All I have to say is that there are definitely easier ways to scam people....and why would you rip off all of your fellow "friends" like this? Fellow music fans of the tunes we love. Again, I know I myself am a flake for various reasons, but not one person can say they've been "ripped" by me, and woulda never guessed Lon to be the Wolf in sheep's clothing. WOOOW!!! This is so surprising to me, I am honestly dumbfounded by all of this mess, truly. Just doesn't add up.

I wonder how long he had this in mind for??? <_<

Well.... "IF" the $$$ amount of the supposed scam gets too high as well as the federal part, there could be some prison time..... ;)

I hope for Lonnies sake this is all a HUGE misunderstanding. I'm not going to put in the guilty verdict yet until he comes forward and explains himself, but as of right now... All signs point to..... <_<

Well.... "IF" the $$$ amount of the supposed scam gets too high as well as the federal part, there could be some prison time..... ;)

I hope for Lonnies sake this is all a HUGE misunderstanding. I'm not going to put in the guilty verdict yet until he comes forward and explains himself, but as of right now... All signs point to..... <_<

It's just one of those gut feeling things. I didn't pre-order anything but from what u see and hear, my instincts....say well, it's a shitty thing for the community. You hear about drive bys and little scams but to this extent to basically slam anyone and everyone from here to Europe down to South America. The guy musta been hurtin to do this that's all I am gonna say. I hope we're wrong, but like u say all roads point to.......

:baneed: ...for life!!

I know... it was a joke... :lol:

Here's another interesting one:

http://www.myspace.com/lrc72315

http://www.myspace.com/david_holdaway

Holy f*cking shitballs, just read this whole thing now. Unbelievable. Like watching 'Heartbreakers', but without Jennifer Love Hewitt's spectacular norks to cushion the betrayal.

I was initially like Nick, thinking why the f*ck would you go to all this effort and f*ck over so many good people for what I thought would have to be a pretty dismal earning... and even since I've seen some of the possible pre-order stats I still can't believe you'd do this for what money he must have got away with... and as also noted, possibly split with a partner or 2 too? It such an elaborate fuck-over for so few dollars.

I admit I thought it was a little dodgy with the Hurricane re-issues and the problems he posted here in the thread he had created - they seemed off to me at the time, but not in a million years did I ever picture a scam or something like this... I just thought they were dud excuses for the delays. This is f*cking ubelievable. I cannot fathom becoming good buddies with so many people to fuck them all over for this sort of money... surely the cash would have paid for his airfare's to getaway and that's about it? Fuck me...

Man I feel so bad for all the guys who lost out on this... seriously, all the best guys and I know it's looking doubtful but I hope something amazing happens and you guys get your money back... somehow. But f*ck I feel so sorry for Georg it's ridiculous. That dude pretty much gave me my entire 2000-2005 CD collection and the guy is an AWESOME dealer of CDs, great guy. Man I pray all you guys get your money back.

Holy f*cking shitballs, just read this whole thing now. Unbelievable. Like watching 'Heartbreakers', but without Jennifer Love Hewitt's spectacular norks to cushion the betrayal.

I was initially like Nick, thinking why the f*ck would you go to all this effort and f*ck over so many good people for what I thought would have to be a pretty dismal earning... and even since I've seen some of the possible pre-order stats I still can't believe you'd do this for what money he must have got away with... and as also noted, possibly split with a partner or 2 too? It such an elaborate fuck-over for so few dollars.

I admit I thought it was a little dodgy with the Hurricane re-issues and the problems he posted here in the thread he had created - they seemed off to me at the time, but not in a million years did I ever picture a scam or something like this... I just thought they were dud excuses for the delays. This is f*cking ubelievable. I cannot fathom becoming good buddies with so many people to fuck them all over for this sort of money... surely the cash would have paid for his airfare's to getaway and that's about it? Fuck me...

Man I feel so bad for all the guys who lost out on this... seriously, all the best guys and I know it's looking doubtful but I hope something amazing happens and you guys get your money back... somehow. But f*ck I feel so sorry for Georg it's ridiculous. That dude pretty much gave me my entire 2000-2005 CD collection and the guy is an AWESOME dealer of CDs, great guy. Man I pray all you guys get your money back.

Yeah there are sure better ways to scam someone outta some dough. It woulda been better to use his ebay ID and "sell" something big (say some cars or whatever) and try and scam a few people outta $10K a pop or even more opposed to doing this? Setting up a whole site, all the explanations, lies, etc. thats what is sooo amazing and made me wanna say "Naw, it cant be" cuz who would do this? I almost think it's a personal thing and he got a kick out of it if it's true, cuz as stated, if u wanted to be a crook there are much easier ways to do it then to have a whole boatload of people knowing your lies, "friends" and all, people u know and who know your address to have it turn into a with-hunt like it most likely will if all these accusations are true.

On one hand it seems carefully thought out, but on the other it just seems too stupid to be the case.

:blink: