Lonnie Holdaway and the Hurricane CD reissues scam

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1341

1. U.S. CodeTitle 18Part IChapter 63 › § 1341
18 U.S. Code § 1341 - Frauds and swindles

Current through Pub. L. 114-19. (See Public Laws for the current Congress.)

prev | next
Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, or to sell, dispose of, loan, exchange, alter, give away, distribute, supply, or furnish or procure for unlawful use any counterfeit or spurious coin, obligation, security, or other article, or anything represented to be or intimated or held out to be such counterfeit or spurious article, for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice or attempting so to do, places in any post office or authorized depository for mail matter, any matter or thing whatever to be sent or delivered by the Postal Service, or deposits or causes to be deposited any matter or thing whatever to be sent or delivered by any private or commercial interstate carrier, or takes or receives therefrom, any such matter or thing, or knowingly causes to be delivered by mail or such carrier according to the direction thereon, or at the place at which it is directed to be delivered by the person to whom it is addressed, any such matter or thing, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both. If the violation occurs in relation to, or involving any benefit authorized, transported, transmitted, transferred, disbursed, or paid in connection with, a presidentially declared major disaster or emergency (as those terms are defined in section 102 of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. 5122)), or affects a financial institution, such person shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. U.S. CodeTitle 18Part IChapter 63 › § 1343
18 U.S. Code § 1343 - Fraud by wire, radio, or television

Current through Pub. L. 114-19. (See Public Laws for the current Congress.)

Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, transmits or causes to be transmitted by means of wire, radio, or television communication in interstate or foreign commerce, any writings, signs, signals, pictures, or sounds for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both. If the violation occurs in relation to, or involving any benefit authorized, transported, transmitted, transferred, disbursed, or paid in connection with, a presidentially declared major disaster or emergency (as those terms are defined in section 102 of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (42 U.S.C.5122)), or affects a financial institution, such person shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.

That's interesting as hell. I wonder if it is associated with this or some other scam he was involved in. I remember a lot of people pissed off and blustering, but I don't recall anyone saying they had actually successfully gotten charges filed.

Since it looks like there was some sort of restitution involved, I'm curious as to what it was for, as I doubt anyone here got anything out of him after the fact (we'd have heard about it by now).

Is it possible PayPal filed the charges?

That's interesting as hell. I wonder if it is associated with this or some other scam he was involved in. I remember a lot of people pissed off and blustering, but I don't recall anyone saying they had actually successfully gotten charges filed.

Since it looks like there was some sort of restitution involved, I'm curious as to what it was for, as I doubt anyone here got anything out of him after the fact (we'd have heard about it by now).

Is it possible PayPal filed the charges?

Paypal is about as helpful as an asshole on my elbow so I wouldn't bet on it ;)

So if I'm reading everything correctly at the link provided, Lonnie is on 3 years probation, not allowed to possess a firearm, and his current salary is being garnished 10% each month towards a total restitution amount of $50,000!

The payments are going to a Federated Mutual Insurance Company.

Hmm.... if you look at the types of things they insure, I wonder if ol' Lonnie got busted for selling parts from the auto dealership for which he worked, as well as defrauding his customers aka victims via Amazon, eBay, etc...

https://www.federatedinsurance.com/ws/fi/InsuranceProducts/PropertyCasualty/index.htm

So if I'm reading everything correctly at the link provided, Lonnie is on 3 years probation, not allowed to possess a firearm, and his current salary is being garnished 10% each month towards a total restitution amount of $50,000!

The payments are going to a Federated Mutual Insurance Company.

Hmm.... if you look at the types of things they insure, I wonder if ol' Lonnie got busted for selling parts from the auto dealership for which he worked, as well as defrauding his customers aka victims via Amazon, eBay, etc...

https://www.federatedinsurance.com/ws/fi/InsuranceProducts/PropertyCasualty/index.htm

I think it might be the reissues scam. But you could be right about him ripping off that auto dealership. I found this:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blytheville-ar/T7NNR3ELOHLFCBI9J

A conversation about a robbery and a car dealership in Blytheville. Someone outs LONNIE HOLDAWAY:

#12 Nov 21, 2010
real robbery wrote:
This was a real robbery, people we need to wake up, they had someone that used a crowbar to gain entry, they used a cutting torch to cut open a large safe, if a employee had walked in they could of got bably hurt or killed. We need to find out who this is, it doesn't matter what you think about carlock, the saftey of our community is at stake and it could be you or your business next. I for a fact know the employees will be investigated, so if it was a inside job they will find out very soon.

go lonnie holdaway. he ripped them off before & got away with it so why not again. he's always been one up on that dealership.

Wasn't me. :( Sort of difficult from Germany, though.

What a fucking mess this whole thing turned out to be. Very sad and unfortunate for any of y'all who were taken.

I still find it hard to believe (the evil in some people). It wasn't like Lonnie and I were good buddies or anything, but we were at least casual acquaintances through this very website, and my dealings with him (regarding CD sales and purchases) were always great.

I guess I'm just naive even after my 47 years on earth. Hell, if I see a spider in my house I'll catch it using a plastic cup and put it outside rather than stepping on it, and 'd just as soon starve to death than steal food from anyone else... but that's just me... and I'm cool with it.

This judgement was in 2012..............his probationary period has ended. Seems he didn't learn his lesson, as it seems Rocktrade was swindled in 2014. He probably is a meth head....or an addict of some kind....wouldn't surprise me.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 years later...
On 6/18/2015 at 1:57 PM, heavyharmonies said:

i just saw this, obviously I had no ties to this scumbag cocksucker, but he got charged Federally, as someone who was in a perpetual revolving door since I turned 18, I've been around the shit far to long, but I do know more law then I want to, I have never thankfully been charged Federally, many many of my friends, dudes I was in the joint with, and my own cousin, have all copped Federal cases, here's the thing bout feds over state punishment, My worse charge ever was a 2nd degree felony aggravated assault with intent, where I live that's a 1-15 year sentence, with a Max fine of $75,000, to compare that is a state line, I served 3 years initially and 18 months when I violated my parole, that's it, 4 1/2 years out of 15, now if that were Federal, u would be ground with a minimum, which is generally 10 years plus, here's the bitch, u don't have the between markers on a sentence, they sentence u toa exact number, say, we sentence u to serve 18 years in a Federal detention facility, it's Federal, that means guess what? You serve every last second of 18 years, they rarely parole people, and u pay every cent that is ordered for a fine or restitution, and say this jerk off trys to wait out his 3 years thinking he won't have to pay off that $50,000, he simply will not expirat,he will remain on probation until the last penny is paid.

Now being there's restitution, would mean there was a victim or victims, and it had to be so great of damage that the fucking feds stepped in and took over the charges, they don't just do that when someone rips $1000 off selling fraudulent goods, there had to have been a substantial amount of money stolen for this to be a Federally indictable case, we know it's at minimum $50,000 taken, my question was how many people came forward with enough evidence and loss, that it triggered the feds to interject and charge him criminally?

People this isn't your local circuit Court trying to hold theft charges over you, this dude got fucked, and it must be his first run because he manages to avoid Federal prison, I don't know him, but excrement like this jack off, can only find redemption at turtle island Federal intake, then u could all at least smile knowing he will be doing "hard" time, too bad I saw this to late, maybe we could've banded together to assure that he was busted, for that heroine in his car, or that .45 we saw him brandish getting into his car, I fucking hate thieves, but I loathe these kind, sorry I had to add my 2 clicks, somebody got this cocksucker, too bad he didn't get the brunt of it. He certainly deserved it. My heart to the people he jacked, there's few worse feelings then being taken, then to add betrayal by taken by someone u trust, even a homie to some of you, if it's been less then 7 years for any of u, I'd suggest u think seriously about trying to recoup your doe.