Lonnie Holdaway and the Hurricane CD reissues scam

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to copy and paste a PM I received from apple222. Tim is a real stand-up guy. I have had tons of Ebay dealings with him over the past couple years and never a hint of a problem. Unfortunately, he was scammed by Lonnie as well:

I just wanted to say I have no idea who this Lonnie guy is but I know Carlos Wood or glamstealer09 woodmdcoomer. I entered into a ebay auction with Carlos Wood and yes I got all my cds. They came in 2 packages and the deal was complete and I was satisfied. Carlos then emails me about some other cds he has for sale and wanted to know if I was interested. Well of course I was. The list was long and full of rare OOP cds that I wanted for myself and to re-sell on ebay. Long story short I sent him a postal money order overnight with confirmation and sent it to the Ford dealership that both Carlos and Lonnie work or worked at. Carlos still works there and has a myspace page that he has Lonnie listed as a buddy. The money order was signed for and cashed but of course I got no cds. Since I have been in touch with the Post Office and my local police who both were not very helpful. I came to this board tonight thanks to James Staryder1 and happy I did. I will keep you all posted and I am interested in a road trip! check out Carlos myspace page at http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=95257262

Send him some messages on my behalf!

Talk with you soon,

Tim

Tim is taking Carlos/Lonnie to small claims court. Anyone who can provide him with more information, please PM/email him through the HH board.

I hope they're on Judge Judy...she'll rip a new one on him. :whistle:

I'm not getting anything but a generic MySpace page when I use that link; anyone else having a problem with it? :blink:

Same here! :(

And here.

I'm not getting anything but a generic MySpace page when I use that link; anyone else having a problem with it? :blink:

Same here! :(

And here.

It worked yesterday. Carlos/Lonnie must have gotten some nasty messages and decided to remove his My Space listing.

He's a freakin' pussy, if you ask me............ :angry:

• 5 months later...

I was just remembering my car crash when I my van did a 180 last winter. I also realized it had been a year since this crap with the Hurricane reissues all happened.

For some reason both my crash and this story of deception seem like they happened waaaayyyy longer than just a year ago.

I was just remembering my car crash when I my van did a 180 last winter. I also realized it had been a year since this crap with the Hurricane reissues all happened.

For some reason both my crash and this story of deception seem like they happened waaaayyyy longer than just a year ago.

You're right it does seem much longer then just last year. :unsure:

Wow, has it been a year since "The Day The Music Died" already?? :blink:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

http://www.myspace.com/lrc72315

According to his MySpace page, Lonnie is currently: PIMPIN' HO'S NATIONWIDE

:baneed:

http://www.myspace.com/lrc72315

According to his MySpace page, Lonnie is currently: PIMPIN' HO'S NATIONWIDE

:baneed:

Awwwwww yea, don't be hatin' dawg. That's just how he rolls, knum'sayin'? :rofl2:

• 4 months later...
This is the craziest thing I have ever read. Honestly.

Was there ever a resolution to this? How does this cat still walk the streets?

No resolution for me, unfortunately. -_- I had to write off about 120$, which is still on the low end of the scale compared to some others here on the board.

Lonnie ... what a useless fucker ! :fu: