Aussie Bands

Jez

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bengal Tigers, melbourne based hard rockers, went on to do another release " in the blood ". IMHO, thier best release is their cassette only release which happens to be thier debut. This is worthy of a cd pressing ( hello suncity, hello retrospect ) :P

more on oz rock........

call of the wild - such is life ( you want ac/dc done well, here's your answer, superb stuff!! )

call of the wild - fire & ice e.p ( you want ac/dc done well, here's your answer, superb stuff!! )

big deal - time is running ( rippin hard rock ala giant meets dokken )

black china - in your eyes ( you can say these guys were hugley influenced by journey )

avalon - stand the test of time ( probably my fave of all the oz indy's, superb aor )

avion - white noise ( legendary aor, alomost mythical cd pressing on the equally mythical star burst label )

painted ocean - s/t ( real nice keyboard laden aor here )

back street shuffle - s/t ( good sleaze rock feat the guitarist who left bb steal after " heartbeat away " e.p )

there's more, of course :)

Kings of the Sun. Great band.

Nodody's mentioned Nobody's Fool yet either. They're okay.

oops, glam-punk :)

How about

devils in heaven - say a prayer

devils in heaven - liberation

Those two are 2 of the best melodic hard rock releases ever.

Oh my sweet christ!!!! How could I forget these guys??? I agree. These guys would have given Harem Scarem a run for their money. A truly excellent band. Put that at number 2 on my list, behind Roxus and ahead of BB Steal. LOVE those guys. Perfect melodic hard rock.

David Whitney - s/t ( smooth aor ala mark free, yes he's the singer from Devils In Heaven ) - I have to check this one out. Where can I find this one???

axcel - incoporated ( straight up hard rock ) - that's the A band I was talking about. Not a fan, but good trading material.

blue ruby - s/t ( keyboard saturated aor ala Journey / Kansas ) - Blue RUBY! Not Big Talk... this is the other one I was referring too. Actually not a bad EP... couple of really excellent songs.

nobody's fool, still going strong, gotta give respects to the man there, he was in cult u.k aorsters peroux!!!

david whitney's disc hopefully found at a used cd store in sydney.

you still haven't placed devils in heaven in number 2.

:)

Invertigo - forum

I forgot this one, didnt actually realise they were Aussies. Some awesome AOR on this & a great vocalist...

I use to hang out a bit with Nobodys Fool, however i wouldnt say they were any good :). Just another fun band to see when your bored, cos they really werent that great, and the albums werent that great either (though they did have a couple decent catchy songs). but often i was the only person seeing them, apart from maybe a drunk in the corner, and a couple of overweight middle aged women. Decent guys though.

With you there, Matt. I think I've owned pretty much every Aussie indie there is, and they all disappeared just as quick. What's the A band who's name sounds like Axxis? They're highly sought after. Guns of Fire are crap, Big Talk (is that their name?) were actually quite good, but I got a good trade out of it.

As I said, I think we have about 14 good CDs, but it's a pretty piss-poor effort for an entire country. Pretty sad actually. :(

for a while i was trying to collect every single aussie band of our genres, and i got quite a large collection of totally unhead of indie ep's (quite a few not on hh, and not yet mentioned here) and i added quite a lot of the aussie discs to the site.... however after a while i got sick of buying decent discs with a couple ok songs... so i sold them all on and spent the money on better albums from overseas. it was kinda hard letting my aussie cd collection go as I thought i was being somewhat patriotic, and itd be kinda cool to have a collection like that, as a lot of aussie bands go unheard of. but at the end of the day, the quality of the music should prevail. if they indeed a good album, ill keep them, but now i wont just keep a cd cos they are aussie. trying to collect aussie cds was the reason i almost got out of collecting cds. it took the fun out of it, and the passion. i was spending all this time and money tracking down stuff like China White, and The State and so on, and they just sucked! :)

Ooh! Ooh! I just remembered I have a CD by an Aussie "true metal" band called Pegazus. Are they still around?

As you were. :)

Ion Drive, Taramis, Carmen Suite, S.A.S, Blackjack (not Bolton/Kullick), Redback/Lix, Fair Warning ( not German), Texas Rose,Hobb's Angel of Death, Heaven,Hyperion.

And one most of you Aussie guys miss, The mighty CYCLONE TRACY.

Big Deal is the band I'm talking about in several threads, always getting the wrong band name. I've called them Big Talk, Blue Ruby (who are also okay, more AOR though) but the band I am referring to with all those comments is Big Deal. Amazing production for an Aussie indie, a few fillers but a couple of truyl excellent tracks.

And yeah, I agree Matt. I tracked down a lot too and the majority were just complete and utter shit. I still like to find them if I ever look in 2nd hand shops... but only to sell on ebay.

As for Invertigo, I'm embarrassed to say I own that disc. I also too embarrassed to ever listen to it, but I think it had a couple of okay songs. If you're looking at pop rock, David Franj and Motor Ace are far ahead of the rest. IMO.

Okay, we have an all-star Aussie cast assembled in this thread, so who can tell me: Did Devils In Heaven ever record a full album that is currently sitting on someone's shelf somewhere? Because if there was ever a full album to be released from these guys I have no doubt at all that it would rival Roxus for that top spot.

David (from Suncity), has the opportunity to release Roxus' 2nd disc ever arisen? Or some Devils in Heaven stuff?

hey Linds, whatever happen to the big guys of Escape ? I heard rumor that John, lead guiterist, passed away a couple years ago.

Actually don't know these guys.

I ahd a listen to bengal tigers last night.. not bad. I thought the best track was probably the unlisted / hidden track . Track #69

Big Deal is the band I'm talking about in several threads, always getting the wrong band name. I've called them Big Talk, Blue Ruby (who are also okay, more AOR though) but the band I am referring to with all those comments is Big Deal. Amazing production for an Aussie indie, a few fillers but a couple of truyl excellent tracks.

Okay, we have an all-star Aussie cast assembled in this thread, so who can tell me: Did Devils In Heaven ever record a full album that is currently sitting on someone's shelf somewhere? Because if there was ever a full album to be released from these guys I have no doubt at all that it would rival Roxus for that top spot.

big deal are still around, doing the covers scene,now with a diff line up to the cd. I think singer was the last one to go.

the devils in heaven full lenght of unreleased tunes shoulld have been releasedhad either of the 2 single been a hit. Great songs!!!!!!

the devils in heaven full lenght of unreleased tunes shoulld have been releasedhad either of the 2 single been a hit. Great songs!!!!!!

So does that mean there is a full album's worth of songs recorded? If so... have you ever spoken with anyone from the band, David (Suncity)? This would be an amazing release. It'd be a dream come true to see Suncity Records release Roxus' 2nd album as well as a full-length Devils In Heaven CD.

As I believe most people are unfamiliar with these guys, check out this link for the 5 Devils In Heaven tracks released. I'd love to hear what others think of these guys:

http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?act...7FItyxUwLh5TA==

As I believe most people are unfamiliar with these guys, check out this link for the 5 Devils In Heaven tracks released. I'd love to hear what others think of these guys:

http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?act...7FItyxUwLh5TA==

wonder what whitney & co will think of such piracy..... :P

:lol: You reckon? I just think it's long deleted, no chance in hell anyone else in the world is ever going to hear these guys... I'm sure they'd be cool with it. I hope. :(

What year was this released Geoff??

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe 'Say a prayer' and 'The night is over' are from 1992 and the rest are from 1993. Why, you're a bit taken aback by the amount of keys on the first 2 tracks? I listened today and forgot they were that key-heavy.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe 'Say a prayer' and 'The night is over' are from 1992 and the rest are from 1993. Why, you're a bit taken aback by the amount of keys on the first 2 tracks? I listened today and forgot they were that key-heavy.

You know I was gonna guess '92. I like it. Five solid songs. Keys yes. Not too heavy. I dig the dude's voice. Also the chorus' are pretty good. I too would like to hear a full length album.

You know I was gonna guess '92. I like it. Five solid songs. Keys yes. Not too heavy. I dig the dude's voice. Also the chorus' are pretty good. I too would like to hear a full length album.

Yeah, I agree the guy's voice is excellent. 'Liberation' and 'Ships in the night' are my fave 2 tracks, but I agree - all 5 are solid. I don't know if it's just me, but they really remind me of early Harem Scarem. I'd kill to hear a full disc.