1987- Best Heavy Metal Album

1987 Metal Album  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ahhhhh, 1987...what a great year to be a 14 year-old teenage headbanger. Sure, most of my "bangin'" back then was done to Christian hard rock/metal, but I did sneak in the occasional secular cassette, and one of those sneaks was Guns 'N Roses: "Appetite for Destruction," which easily won my approval back then and today easily gets my vote in the first section of this poll.

Second-half vote goes to Helix: "Wild in the Streets." The band never topped that one.

I went with the dark horse on the first one with Malice - License to Kill. I love G'n'R but I just have too much trouble considering it "metal"...

Second half went to TNT - Tell No Tales, Le Tekro's playing changed my life... :bowdown:

I went with the dark horse on the first one with Malice - License to Kill. I love G'n'R but I just have too much trouble considering it "metal"...

Second half went to TNT - Tell No Tales, Le Tekro's playing changed my life... :bowdown:

That's been the hardest thing about me doing these Metal polls, it's the question of what was Metal in that particular year? Plus I've tried to add in a few hair metal bands so everyone around here has someone they can vote for. I know what you mean with GnR being metal, I don't look at them as being metal now but in 1987 I think you could of considered that a Metal album.

That's been the hardest thing about me doing these Metal polls, it's the question of what was Metal in that particular year? Plus I've tried to add in a few hair metal bands so everyone around here has someone they can vote for. I know what you mean with GnR being metal, I don't look at them as being metal now but in 1987 I think you could of considered that a Metal album.

Absolutely, I'm 100% down with that logic. I considered 'em metal back in the day too. My poll choice reflects my current viewpoint. :)

Absolutely, I'm 100% down with that logic. I considered 'em metal back in the day too. My poll choice reflects my current viewpoint. :)

Yeah it's good logic but because of that logic I've been working on the 1988 poll for over a week now.

I have 46 but only room for 40 so do I cut out some thrash metal band that no one will vote for anyway or do I cut out some of the more Hard Rock bands that aren't really metal anyway.

Yeah it's good logic but because of that logic I've been working on the 1988 poll for over a week now.

I have 46 but only room for 40 so do I cut out some thrash metal band that no one will vote for anyway or do I cut out some of the more Hard Rock bands that aren't really metal anyway.

Just cut the thrash stuff, Keef's the only one who listens to it anyway... ;)

Kidding, kidding!

:yikes: Hey, WAITAMINNIT! That ain't fair!! I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one who digs old school thrash around these here parts!!!

:yikes: Hey, WAITAMINNIT! That ain't fair!! I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one who digs old school thrash around these here parts!!!

Don't tell anyone, but I kinda like it too. :anon:

I love it too and don't worry Keef there will be some included on the 1988 poll.

I love it too and don't worry Keef there will be some included on the 1988 poll.

Maybe you can do a separate poll with just thrash/speed metal bands. Just a thought.

Other than Menudo, were there any other boy bands in '87?

I can't believe I just mentioned Menudo in a Heavy Metal thread. Please kill me :anon:

Firstly Guns n roses,appetite was sublime ! Then tony martin Black Sabbath release the Eternal Idol,because i love the first track The Shining. :lol:

Maybe you can do a separate poll with just thrash/speed metal bands. Just a thought.

My intention when I started doing these Metal polls was to include only the real Metal bands but if you look at the 1980 poll there isn't that many replies and votes so that's why I started including some more commercial Hard Rock/Metal releases.

Your Not ..I'm right there with ya!!! Funny enough back then I used to listen to more Thrash and Speed

Metal than The Sleaze/Glam/Hair Metal I love now...gettimg old I guess... :banger:

As I've said many a time, aMH1966, I never cared about labels on music... doesn't matter to me if it's thrash metal, power metal, hair metal, hard rock, punk rock, etc., etc., as long as it sounds good LOUD I will crank it!! :headbanger:

As I've said many a time, aMH1966, I never cared about labels on music... doesn't matter to me if it's thrash metal, power metal, hair metal, hard rock, punk rock, etc., etc., as long as it sounds good LOUD I will crank it!! :headbanger:

Amen Brutha Keef!!! Preach on!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

US Bands

1.Exodus-Pleasures of the Flesh

2.Overkill-Taking Over

3.Testament-The Legacy

4.Anthrax-Among the Living

5.GNR-Appettite for Destruction

6.Malice-License to Kill

7.Dio-Dream Evil

8.Savatage-HOTNK

9.Dokken-BFTA

10.Lizzy Borden-Visual Lies

11.Twisted Sister-LIFS

12.Alice Cooper-RYFAY

Other Countries

1.Running Wild-Under Jolly Roger

2.King Diamond-Abigail

3.Pretty Maids-Future World

4.Helloween-Keeper I

5.Black Sabbath-Eternal Idol

6.The Cult-Electric

7.MSG-Perfect Timing

8.TNT-TNT

By the way, Metal Church's The Dark is a great album, but from 86.

I agree, 1987 was a GREAT year for metal. Very tough poll. Here are my choices :

US Bands

1) Alice Cooper - Raise Your Fist And Yell

2) Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls

3) Dokken - Back For The Attack

Non-US Bands

1) Warlock - Triumph And Agony

2) Running Wild - Under Jolly Roger

3) Pretty Maids - Future World

• 4 weeks later...