The Kane Roberts Thread

Kane Roberts  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay, I was originally just going to make this a 'Fave track off 'Saints and Sinners' but I decided to go the whole nine yards. 'Saints and sinners' is arguably one of the most immaculate melodic hard rock albums ever released. I cannot flaw it to any degree at all. A long time ago I bought this and Vain's 'Move on it' for $2 each and there is not a bad track on either and each still get regular play.

My favourite disc is obviously 'Saints and sinners', though I really like the Pheonix Down album too, and aside from probably beeing the tackiest album ever recorded, the debut is actually a very good disc:

1. Saints and Sinners

2. s/t

3. Phoenix Down

As for my fave track off 'Saints and sinners'... man has this done the rounds. It used to be 'Dance little sister', then 'Fighter'... but I really, really love every single track (all 10 went on my Ipod) and this one's been a fave for a while - 'it's only over for you'. Man I love that song.

As for the debut, I heard it on the weekend and enjoyed it a lot more than I recall. I always liked it, but the imagery and corniness really got to me. Now I just listened to the songs and I'd have to pick 'Too much for anyone to touch'... closely followed by 'Triple X', 'Women on the edge' and 'Tears of fire'.

"Fighter!" - what an anthem!! Just when you think the big gang vocals in the chorus can't go any higher, the key change kicks in!

Same here...Fighter for me!

JL

I'm very skeptical to buy anything from this guy I saw the Rock Doll video and the song wasn't very good.

What do you guys think? Is it worth the purchase?

"Saints and Sinners" is killer IMO but I never heard all of the s/t cd.

I thought the same thing of the 'Rock Doll' song. I was expecting so much more after loving the 2nd album for all these years.

Saints And Sinners by a long mile - Great album

'Fighter' is my fave track of S&S

'Rock Doll' off the debut

I'll give Saints and Sinners a shot, and go from there.

Thanks

Wise choice... I sort of thinking that no hard rock collection is complete without this CD. :)

(BTW, make sure you like Desmond Child's previous output before you buy. :D)

Saints and Sinners is just pure killer!!!! Love this album. Every song is pure rockin'! This cd definitely should be in EVERYONE'S collection who just loves KICK ASS rock 'n' roll! Eaglesfan3000, you will love this. This is the one to get! :)

Who's the one that prefers the debut? A little curious, I am.

Surprised 'Rock doll' was so popular... especially with quite a few melodic gems on the debut.

"Saints & Sinners" easily for me. Fave track is: "Too Far Gone", then "Too Much" off the debut.

some Kane Roberts videos

Twister -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdN2uIagXXA

Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6oxKGa_4lc...related&search=

I watched these and it really didn't do anything for me...I think I'll stay clear of ole Kane.

Is this the guy who used to play guitar for Alice Cooper, who looked like Rambo? (He even had a guitar that looked like a huge gun?) I used to see pictures of that guy in magazines and think "what a doofus!"

Is this the guy who used to play guitar for Alice Cooper, who looked like Rambo? (He even had a guitar that looked like a huge gun?) I used to see pictures of that guy in magazines and think "what a doofus!"

Yes that's him.

Yes that's him.

Indeed. He's as doofus-looking as 'Saints and Sinners' is magnificent.

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/band.cgi?BandNum=511

I guess it adds further proof to the whole 'Don't judge a book by it's cover' phrase... because if I'd done that I'd have been as willing to buy this guy's albums as I am to buy Gwen Stefani's albums. :)

Yes that's him.

Indeed. He's as doofus-looking as 'Saints and Sinners' is magnificent.

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/band.cgi?BandNum=511

I guess it adds further proof to the whole 'Don't judge a book by it's cover' phrase... because if I'd done that I'd have been as willing to buy this guy's albums as I am to buy Gwen Stefani's albums. :)

It is kind of impressive that he plays guitar without a pick.

Rambo don't need a pick!! :lol:

Rambo don't need a pick!! :lol:

He uses the teeth of his victims as a pick.

"Saints and Sinners" is not only the best Kane Roberts album, it's one of the best melodic hard rock albums of all time. Easily one of my top ten favorite CDs. Perfect in every way. And I do mean perfect...every song is great. Sure, some are better than others, but any song, taken on its own, is simply fantastic.

My favorite song was, is, and I believe always shall be "Does Anybody Really Fall in Love Anymore."

As for the debut...well, I no longer own it, and it's been so long since I heard it that I don't really remember the songs, so I chose not to vote.

• 4 months later...

My favorite album from Kane Roberts, a.k.a. Rambo.... is definately "Saints & Sinners"!

My favorite song off of that is "Too Far Gone"! Closely followed by:

"Fighter", "Wild Nights", & "Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore"

My favorite song off of the debut, s/t album is: "Rock Doll"!

• 5 years later...

I put it up there with Hardline -s/t,Bangalore Choir- On Target,Unruly Child-s/t