Holiday TV Classics

Favorite Holiday TV Classic?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Other... 'Silent night, deadly night II'. :lol:

The first "Silent Night, Deadly Night" is an 80s slasher classic, despite all the negative publicity it received. I always dig out my VHS tape this time of year and throw it in the old VCR. Watching crazy Billy in his Santa suit lopping heads off with that axe while screaming "Naughty!" just brings a warm, fuzzy glow to the cockles of my heart.

Let's not forget Linnea Quigley being impaled on the deer antlers!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone seen Black Christmas

No, but it got absolutely horrible reviews (even from horror geeks) and it seems destined for a fast fade from theatres. Shame, cuz the trailers looked pretty nasty.

The first "Silent Night, Deadly Night" is an 80s slasher classic, despite all the negative publicity it received. I always dig out my VHS tape this time of year and throw it in the old VCR. Watching crazy Billy in his Santa suit lopping heads off with that axe while screaming "Naughty!" just brings a warm, fuzzy glow to the cockles of my heart.

Let's not forget Linnea Quigley being impaled on the deer antlers!

There were deer antlers in that scene? All I remember are those jiggling norks!! :tits:

• 11 months later...

Bumpin' this one since the holiday season is upon us again...

I just realized I neglected to include "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" in the poll choices!! :yikes: What was I thinking??

That's it.. You are FIRED!!!! :tumbsup:

That would be My pick, honestly, but since it's not listed.. Of those listed I gotta go with Charlie Brown.....

Oh and WHERE is the Garfield Christmas??????? :whistle:

Oh And I picked up the Unrated version of Black Christmas on DVD.. Pretty nasty.. I LIKED it...... :tumbsup:

Oh oh And They ARE Re-releasing "Silent Night, Deadly Night" On DVD this Season... Unrated...... :tumbsup:

I just realized I neglected to include "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" in the poll choices!! :yikes: What was I thinking??

That's what happens when I post without the proper amount of caffeine and/or nicotine in my bloodstream. I forget stuff. :lol:

That's what happens when I post without the proper amount of caffeine and/or nicotine in my bloodstream. I forget stuff. :lol:

Uh huh.. OR yer just getting OLD..... Wait that would mean I am OLD too.. Nevermind..... :rofl2:

And nicotine?? You a smoker now Man?? Or do Ya still dip???

And nicotine?? You a smoker now Man?? Or do Ya still dip???

Way to take us off topic, but...

(SPIT)

That answer your question? :lol:

I just watched Christmas Vacation last night...shitters full.

I love when the cat gets vaporized by chewing on the Christmas tree lights... they turn the chair over and there's a cat-shaped scorch mark on the underside of it. :lol:

I love when the cat gets vaporized by chewing on the Christmas tree lights... they turn the chair over and there's a cat-shaped scorch mark on the underside of it. :lol:

My favorite part is when he's day dreaming about his pool.

I watch that movie EVERY year on Christmas Eve.. Drives My wife kinda nuts, but..... :whistle:

I went with other.

Married With Children: It's a Bundyful Life

I love this episode. It has (the late great) Sam Kinison as the angel.

Awesome pick. That was the best episode of "MWC" ever!!!

"Rudolph" was on TV tonight so of course I watched it (even though I have it on DVD and my son has made me play that for him twice already)

I went with other.

Married With Children: It's a Bundyful Life

I love this episode. It has (the late great) Sam Kinison as the angel.

An Excellent pick My Man.. I THINK I have that on DVD.. I have like the first 4 seasons of MWC on DVD..... :tumbsup:

Now that's not My favorite episode... That would have to be the one with Anthrax!!!! :headbanger:

• 1 year later...

Bumpin' this one again because it's THAT time of year... :bananamac:

Seriously, I cannot handle any christmas show. :(

Haha - that's awesome. I have Silent Night Deadly Night/Silent Night Deadly Night 2 on double feature DVD and I'll probably pop em' in real soon - tis the season! :beerbang:

But for the family friendly Christmas TV Classic, I always liked "The grinch Who Stole Christmas", "Christmas Vacation", and of course "A Christmas Story". I also used to watch the Charlie Brown holiday ones and remember liking those when I was a little kid but haven't seen em' in ages.

Haha - that's awesome. I have Silent Night Deadly Night/Silent Night Deadly Night 2 on double feature DVD and I'll probably pop em' in real soon - tis the season! :beerbang:

Wow, that's awesome. I'd still love to find them on DVD. Will have to track it down.

Can't believe I said the same thing two years ago that I said this year! :lol:

Wow, that's awesome. I'd still love to find them on DVD. Will have to track it down.

Do a search online and you'll find some at DVD stores and also Amazon and ebay. The first one can be found for pretty cheap. They do have a set of parts 1 & 2 but the USA region 1 is sorta pricey $30-40 since it's OOP but if you have a region free DVD player you can find parts 1 & 2 set for other countries for $10-15. Actually, I see you're in Australia and ebay has a region 4 dvd set of parts 1 & 2 on there now.

Do a search online and you'll find some at DVD stores and also Amazon and ebay. The first one can be found for pretty cheap. They do have a set of parts 1 & 2 but the USA region 1 is sorta pricey $30-40 since it's OOP but if you have a region free DVD player you can find parts 1 & 2 set for other countries for $10-15. Actually, I see you're in Australia and ebay has a region 4 dvd set of parts 1 & 2 on there now.

Wow, thanks for the heads up.