Holiday TV Classics

Favorite Holiday TV Classic?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK, I admit it... I'm an old softie at heart and I still love to watch all the holiday specials on TV every Christmas season. Now that I have a four year old son, I can watch them with him and I don't even have to make excuses (though I'd still watch'em every year anyway even if I didn't have a kid). So which one of these warm and fuzzy animated holiday classics still gets viewed annually at your house? Release the hounds...

Just for the record, I never miss "Charlie Brown" (and can quote it word for word along with the TV, which I think creeps my wife out just a little bit), and I also love "Rudolph" and "Twas The Night Before Christmas" (narrated by Joel Grey).

Ho Ho Ho! :christmas:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other... 'Silent night, deadly night II'. :lol:

Seriously, I cannot handle any christmas show. :(

There's a new slasher movie coming out this year called "Black Christmas" (a remake of the '70s horror classic from Bob Clark, who oddly enough also directed the warm & fuzzy "A Christmas Story!") that should be right up your alley then, Geoff. :)

I just realized I neglected to include "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" in the poll choices!! :yikes: What was I thinking??

Mine is "A Christmas Story"... you'll shoot your eye out!! :P

:agree: I've seen "A Christmas Story" a hundred times and like a fine wine it just gets better.

I love em all...Especially the one with Mr Heat Miser..though I can't

remember what that one is called...

That's "The Year Without A Santa Claus"... just saw it on the Family Channel the other night... I love his musical number in that one!

I love em all...Especially the one with Mr Heat Miser..though I can't

remember what that one is called...

That's "The Year Without A Santa Claus"... just saw it on the Family Channel the other night... I love his musical number in that one!

Yeah He's cool...kinda Ozzy like IMO...

Rudolph!!! Gotta love Hermie and the misfits.... :lol:

We just watched "Rudolph" on DVD last night (along with "Frosty," thus inspiring this poll in the first place)... for some reason, my son thought the "choo choo with square wheels on his caboose" on the Island of Misfit Toys was the funniest thing he'd ever seen... sheesh, kids...

how about ELF?

NO, A Christmas Story ( Oh, how I can't watch that movie )

I don't know, working in retail just sucks the life out of Christmas for me. Right now I "hate" the Christmas that Christmas has become and it is business and adults that have really taken the meaning out of Christmas.

My wife has to work till 7pm Christmas Eve.

how about ELF?

NO, A Christmas Story ( Oh, how I can't watch that movie )

I don't know, working in retail just sucks the life out of Christmas for me. Right now I "hate" the Christmas that Christmas has become and it is business and adults that have really taken the meaning out of Christmas.

My wife has to work till 7pm Christmas Eve.

I can totally relate to this, bro. I worked for K-Mart for a couple of years when I was in college and after being surrounded by Christmas stuff and hearing Christmas carols all day at work starting in mid-September, I was so burned out by the time the actual holiday came that I couldn't really enjoy it either.

Maybe not a "Classic".....but I adore "Scrooged" Carol Kane cracks me up... :lol:

Yea, and David Johansen as the cab driver, and Bob Goldthwait as the shotgun-toting disgruntled worker ("you better not shout...BLAM!...you better not cry...BLAM!")... killer stuff, Bill Murray at his best...

Maybe I oughta start a companion poll for Christmas themed movies (unless somebody else wants to take that one?)

Maybe not a "Classic".....but I adore "Scrooged" Carol Kane cracks me up... :lol:

Yea, and David Johansen as the cab driver, and Bob Goldthwait as the shotgun-toting disgruntled worker ("you better not shout...BLAM!...you better not cry...BLAM!")... killer stuff, Bill Murray at his best...

Maybe I oughta start a companion poll for Christmas themed movies (unless somebody else wants to take that one?)

:lol: Don't look at me.........apparently I am poll stupid....... :lol:

:lol: Don't look at me.........apparently I am poll stupid....... :lol:

Join the club... I always seem to forget at least one choice that should be included... hence, the fact that "Grinch" is missing from this poll! :(

• 2023 Gold Donors

I went with Rudolph from the one's listed.....with A Christmas Story & then Scrooged. Rudolph is a classic! A Christmas Story is really good....would be nice if tnt/tbs wouldn't show it for hours on end, though. Scrooged is a blast (no pun intended ;)) & John Forsythe is pretty funny in it too!

Seriously, I cannot handle any christmas show. :(

There's a new slasher movie coming out this year called "Black Christmas" (a remake of the '70s horror classic from Bob Clark, who oddly enough also directed the warm & fuzzy "A Christmas Story!") that should be right up your alley then, Geoff. :)

Excellent. I will wait in my dark corner for this... and eat the children who dare approach me as I wait! HAH.gif

I'm seriously not that evil... I just don't like all this sort of stuff. I love getting together with family, giving my girl a few pressies and hopefully receiving some magical Christmas sex later that night. :) I'm a simple man like that and don't need the rest of it.

• 2 weeks later...

The first "Silent Night, Deadly Night" is an 80s slasher classic, despite all the negative publicity it received. I always dig out my VHS tape this time of year and throw it in the old VCR. Watching crazy Billy in his Santa suit lopping heads off with that axe while screaming "Naughty!" just brings a warm, fuzzy glow to the cockles of my heart.

I went with "A Charlie Brown Christmas" but for movies my fave is "A Christmas Story"...Fra-gee-lay..must be Italian...HAHAHAHA