Tindrum CD on eBay

From Melodicrock.com:

This caught my eye. I don't know if anyone posted this.

TINDRUM BOOTLEG'S ON EBAY:

TNT drummer Diesel Dahl dropped me a line regarding the unfortunate bootlegging of the out of print Tindrum album on E-Bay. Here's Diesel's message:

"There is a bootleg re-release of Drums of War with my former band Tindrum - Available on E-bay thru VegasCDs, imported from Rock It Records, Italy. (Link).

This is not accepted! This is a copy of a copy and this must be stopped. The official version will must likely be released on MTM early 2007. Please warn people about these companies who have no rights to release my album."

Consider that done Diesel.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this was talked about in another thread somewhere.

Maybe even more than one I think. :banana:

2 of them? Are you sure Green Charvel? ;)

Can you feel the war of words coming just from the very presence of this thread? :P

I think this was talked about in another thread somewhere.

Maybe even more than one I think. :banana:

2 of them? Are you sure Green Charvel? ;)

Can you feel the war of words coming just from the very presence of this thread? :P

It might have been but I saw this on MR today...

Guest FAKEPOLICE

Who does even wonder about this?????Nearly most rare stuff is bootlegged by Vegas/Retrospect and in Europe this person would have a comfortable seat in prison!

Anyway-who is interested in another MTM Re-Release with other cover.Seems that the former Label is not interested in a Re-Release like Universal did with Stage Dolls or Treat.

Sorry-but before buying a Re-Release with poor cover (see Peo!) or sound taken from record (Refugee)- I better keep my collection clean from such rubbish.

AND-don't buy it at once-you can be sure to get it cheap after some months-the AOR customship is much less

than the pressed CDs.

Who does even wonder about this?????Nearly most rare stuff is bootlegged by Vegas/Retrospect and in Europe this person would have a comfortable seat in prison!

Anyway-who is interested in another MTM Re-Release with other cover.Seems that the former Label is not interested in a Re-Release like Universal did with Stage Dolls or Treat.

Sorry-but before buying a Re-Release with poor cover (see Peo!) or sound taken from record (Refugee)- I better keep my collection clean from such rubbish.

AND-don't buy it at once-you can be sure to get it cheap after some months-the AOR customship is much less

than the pressed CDs.

Dude I got 2 words for ya....

:fu:

Most rare stuff is booted by me??? WTF? Everything on Retrospect is legit my European compadre so why don't you find the booters in your own back yard before making accusations you know jack-shit about.

Morons like you really need a wake-up call.

Jerk-off.

I have NOTHING to do with any other label except my own.

:doh:

than the pressed CDs.

Most rare stuff is booted by me??? WTF? Everything on Retrospect is legit my European compadre so why don't you find the booters in your own back yard before making accusations you know jack-shit about.

Jerk-off.

Touchy touchy... :popcorn:

Guest FAKEPOLICE

than the pressed CDs.

Jerk-off.

Touchy touchy... :popcorn:

naturally-touchy!

Bootleggers (and most everything on Retrospect are Bootlegs!!!) must react so!

HEY DAN-you know this as well-we don't need excuses and accusations from Vegas-but it is more fair to see his comments here-or not????

Touchy? This motherfucker is trying to say that Retrospect is a bootleg label?

Kiss my ass you prick , I'll give you emails of every fucking band on the label and you can find out how many royalty checks I send out every quarter.

:2up::ahole::2up::ahole:

I hope all involved will read this and not take offense:

Sam,

This dude is pushing your buttons (and doing a pretty good job at it, too.) He has obviously read your previous posts when you spaz out on people without much provocation (and threaten to kick them off ebay? Come on!). Please take a deep breath and look critically at your response. Things are tense for you now. Quick responses may not be in your best interest.

Plus, I hope you are only kidding when you say you will give contact info out (other than what may be found on a website, etc.)

FAKEPOLICE,

I don't know who you are or where you are from, but the "most everything on Retrospect are Bootlegs" comment sounds awfully close to libel. If I were you, I would be VERY cautious about sweeping accusations like this.

Any lawyers in the audience?

Anyway, lest anyone think that I am shill for Sam or for anyone else, I want to re-state my thoughts from another thread: I have had successful business dealings with several people on this board, and I cannot stand it when they just shred each other in threads. It casts doubt on EVERYONE's character - No one comes away unscathed.

In fact, I can think of 3 people right off the bat that I either am in regular contact with, or with whom I have had successful business dealings. Yet each of them has had p*ssing contests with Sam. :bigboom: This drives me up a wall. :doh: Oh, I have bought at least a hundred items off Sam over the past couple years, so it's not like I am unfamiar with his Retrospect items (take note, FAKEPOLICE). Between the other sellers on this board, I have bought several hundred additional items, as well.

If this keeps up I may have to start a "Dear Abby"- like advice column just to deal with all the silliness! ;)

I guess what I am saying is this:

This is a great board. To quote a great philosopher... "Why can't we all just get along?"

:drink:

Touchy? This motherfucker is trying to say that Retrospect is a bootleg label?

Kiss my ass you prick , I'll give you emails of every fucking band on the label and you can find out how many royalty checks I send out every quarter.

:2up::ahole::2up::ahole:

I hope all involved will read this and not take offense:

Sam,

This dude is pushing your buttons (and doing a pretty good job at it, too.) He has obviously read your previous posts when you spaz out on people without much provocation (and threaten to kick them off ebay? Come on!). Please take a deep breath and look critically at your response. Things are tense for you now. Quick responses may not be in your best interest.

Plus, I hope you are only kidding when you say you will give contact info out (other than what may be found on a website, etc.)

FAKEPOLICE,

I don't know who you are or where you are from, but the "most everything on Retrospect are Bootlegs" comment sounds awfully close to libel. If I were you, I would be VERY cautious about sweeping accusations like this.

Any lawyers in the audience?

Anyway, lest anyone think that I am shill for Sam or for anyone else, I want to re-state my thoughts from another thread: I have had successful business dealings with several people on this board, and I cannot stand it when they just shred each other in threads. It casts doubt on EVERYONE's character - No one comes away unscathed.

In fact, I can think of 3 people right off the bat that I either am in regular contact with, or with whom I have had successful business dealings. Yet each of them has had p*ssing contests with Sam. :bigboom: This drives me up a wall. :doh: Oh, I have bought at least a hundred items off Sam over the past couple years, so it's not like I am unfamiar with his Retrospect items (take note, FAKEPOLICE). Between the other sellers on this board, I have bought several hundred additional items, as well.

If this keeps up I may have to start a "Dear Abby"- like advice column just to deal with all the silliness! ;)

I guess what I am saying is this:

This is a great board. To quote a great philosopher... "Why can't we all just get along?"

:drink:

TD

Dude just to answer your philosophical (or however it is spelled) question as to "why we all can't get along?" ......I have sat back and even responded to a few of these threads about "Sam/his label/some of his buisness dealings"........Every few months something pops up and as always the finger pointing starts, and guess where all the fingers get pointed........exactly right at Sam.........I am not a Sam "mark" and don't find it my place to defend Sam, he is a grown man and can do that himself........But what really gets me is it is always the same people starting up the same shit. Sam has admitted he has sold some boots, damn nuff said.......But to go as far to say "everything on his label are boots" now that is going far, especially when most have no idea about how much work he has put into the cd's he has gotten out there.......But you never hear anyone saying "Thanks Sam for the killer music you are getting out there to the fans, that otherwise would never see the light of day, much less on cd"........

Sam and I have done alot of business over the last several months, he has bought probably in the neighborhhood of 1200 cd's from me, and i have never had to worry about being paid etc, he always does exactly what he tells me he is going too. Now if someone was as underhanded as alot of people have made him out to be, do you think he would ever follow thru with any business dealings he makes......I think not.......Everyone is so concerned about him selling a boot, i know there are alot of other sellers from this board who have sold boots, claiming them to be originals, just because they didn't know there were boots, or some may have known and just played it off. Hell some probably do not even know how to tell a boot from an original.

In closing, I think people need to tend to their own business instead of trying to "police" everything Sam does......Be thankful for the music he is putting out, instead of trying to find things to stir up shit about. As I have said countless times, if you don't agree with his buisness dealings do not buy from him. People get pissed when he reacts the way he does (and sometimes i think he is a tad bit harsh and says some things he should think about before he says them) but when someone takes shots are your buisness, something you have worked very hard to make successful, it tends to piss you off, and everyone is going to respond in situations like that, maybe not to the extreme Sam does, but you are still going to react.........Lastly.....Like I said if you have a problem with how he runs his label and business, no one is twisting your arm to do business with him........He has always treated me very well, and I will continue to work and do business with him..........So there you have my thoughts on it all.............

Later

Lon

Guest FAKEPOLICE

HI LRC and tdrough-I won't agree to your opinion,because for me Boots are criminal and also FRAUD to any group who ever released an album and now has it re-released on Retrospect-did they ever get paid for it-

NO!!! Why should I be thankful to a bootleg seller - this guy earns MONEY with it and you are so naive to neglect this-but maybe you are no collectors and satisfied with cheap Russian CDs and a copied booklet.

But it is American tradition to ignore quality-I can name you plenty of groups who release Live or Rare Tracks on homemade CDRs and sell them for expensive silver CD prices as well.

AND-it is the question who the asshole is here (we know whose replys are better worth these words OR even those who buy that bullshit ??????????????????????????????????????)

Fake Police , you have just insulted so many good people at this board with that last statement , not to mention the bands who are finally receiving checks after years and years of laying dormant. And you have insulted me and my business , one that I have worked extremely hard at and put in a lot of hours. You are a joke and everyone who knows me and dealt with me knows what I am all about.

TRough and Lon , you guys are true to the music , and kudos to you for having so much integrity to the scene. :bowdown:

FAKEPOLICE should be called FAKEHUMAN because it is very obvious to me that he doesn't like music and has no common sense. :axe:

Take a hike.

TD

Dude just to answer your philosophical (or however it is spelled) question as to "why we all can't get along?" ......I have sat back and even responded to a few of these threads about "Sam/his label/some of his buisness dealings"........Every few months something pops up and as always the finger pointing starts, and guess where all the fingers get pointed........exactly right at Sam.........I am not a Sam "mark" and don't find it my place to defend Sam, he is a grown man and can do that himself........But what really gets me is it is always the same people starting up the same shit. Sam has admitted he has sold some boots, damn nuff said.......But to go as far to say "everything on his label are boots" now that is going far, especially when most have no idea about how much work he has put into the cd's he has gotten out there.......But you never hear anyone saying "Thanks Sam for the killer music you are getting out there to the fans, that otherwise would never see the light of day, much less on cd"........

Sam and I have done alot of business over the last several months, he has bought probably in the neighborhhood of 1200 cd's from me, and i have never had to worry about being paid etc, he always does exactly what he tells me he is going too. Now if someone was as underhanded as alot of people have made him out to be, do you think he would ever follow thru with any business dealings he makes......I think not.......Everyone is so concerned about him selling a boot, i know there are alot of other sellers from this board who have sold boots, claiming them to be originals, just because they didn't know there were boots, or some may have known and just played it off. Hell some probably do not even know how to tell a boot from an original.

In closing, I think people need to tend to their own business instead of trying to "police" everything Sam does......Be thankful for the music he is putting out, instead of trying to find things to stir up shit about. As I have said countless times, if you don't agree with his buisness dealings do not buy from him. People get pissed when he reacts the way he does (and sometimes i think he is a tad bit harsh and says some things he should think about before he says them) but when someone takes shots are your buisness, something you have worked very hard to make successful, it tends to piss you off, and everyone is going to respond in situations like that, maybe not to the extreme Sam does, but you are still going to react.........Lastly.....Like I said if you have a problem with how he runs his label and business, no one is twisting your arm to do business with him........He has always treated me very well, and I will continue to work and do business with him..........So there you have my thoughts on it all.............

Later

Lon

GREAT THOUGHTS, LON!! :drink:

HI LRC and tdrough-I won't agree to your opinion,because for me Boots are criminal and also FRAUD to any group who ever released an album and now has it re-released on Retrospect-did they ever get paid for it-

NO!!! Why should I be thankful to a bootleg seller - this guy earns MONEY with it and you are so naive to neglect this-but maybe you are no collectors and satisfied with cheap Russian CDs and a copied booklet.

But it is American tradition to ignore quality-I can name you plenty of groups who release Live or Rare Tracks on homemade CDRs and sell them for expensive silver CD prices as well.

AND-it is the question who the asshole is here (we know whose replys are better worth these words OR even those who buy that bullshit ??????????????????????????????????????)

Hey FAKEPENIS, do you even pay attention to what's being said? Sam DOES pay the bands on his label, the bands HAVE given permission via contract, it's all legal!! Stop being such a dumbass!!!

Hey FAKEPENIS

:rofl2: Good one!

Guest FAKEPOLICE

Hey FAKEPENIS, do you even pay attention to what's being said? Sam DOES pay the bands on his label, the bands HAVE given permission via contract, it's all legal!! Stop being such a dumbass!!!

Hey Gringo (right word for YOU US Dumbass??) - what nonsense you are talking?Ask Tindrum or Spiced Ice whether they ever got a penny-NEVER!Seems Sam activates his own mafia to post insults in his tradition!

OK, I usually try and stay out of these poo-flinging conversations but that's the second anti-US comment from Mr. Fakepolice (first saying "But it is American tradition to ignore quality" and then calling Gringo a "US dumbass") and I think that's quite enough.

Buddy, I quite frankly could give a rat's ass about your issues with Sam or Retrospect (I don't speak for him, I don't have any dealings with him, and in fact I don't even own any releases on his label) but your random America-bashing is pissing me off, so on behalf of the Americans who make up a good portion of this board's membership, I just wanna say bite this :butt:

I'm done and I will now go back to being a neutral, disinterested observer!

Guest FAKEPOLICE
OK, I usually try and stay out of these poo-flinging conversations but that's the second anti-US comment from Mr. Fakepolice (first saying "But it is American tradition to ignore quality" and then calling Gringo a "US dumbass") and I think that's quite enough.

Buddy, I quite frankly could give a rat's ass about your issues with Sam or Retrospect (I don't speak for him, I don't have any dealings with him, and in fact I don't even own any releases on his label) but your random America-bashing is pissing me off, so on behalf of the Americans who make up a good portion of this board's membership, I just wanna say bite this :butt:

I'm done!

Fat Freddy-if you feel bashed-that's your problem.When I see where most Bootlegs and CDRs come from it is worth saying it-that has nothing to do that I accuse a country for some bad guys.

When a guy like gringo is insulting me same way as Sam does why shouldn't I treat him same way back and I especially said YOU to his dumb response-why should YOU be insulted.

AND against racism-read the opinion of some of your countrymen to comments in Spanish

with reviewed artists here!

Fat Freddy-if you feel bashed-that's your problem.When I see where most Bootlegs and CDRs come from it is worth saying it-that has nothing to do that I accuse a country for some bad guys.

When a guy like gringo is insulting me same way as Sam does why shouldn't I treat him same way back and I especially said YOU to his dumb response-why should YOU be insulted.

AND against racism-read the opinion of some of your countrymen to comments in Spanish

with reviewed artists here!

Actually genius, you're doing exactly the same thing Sam does. You come off so fucking antagonistic and full of hypocrisy that it negates the possibility of anyone taking you seriously. Most of your attacks are generalized and full of guesswork. You get some real specifics, then forward them to the appropriate authorities with my blessing, I don't like bootlegs either.

Think about it for a second before you shoot back, you're here to warn us all about the illegal and unethical acts of someone else, and in the process you've managed to alienate most of the people you've come to "help". Secretary Rumsfeld, is that you? ;)