1981 - Best HEAVY METAL Album

1981 Favorite Metal Album  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My favorite of 1981 is Black Sabbath's 'Mob Rules'.

A very very close 2nd's are Riot 'Fire Down Under'(if you haven't heard this then you're missing out), Maiden 'Killers', Y&T 'Earthshaker', Both Ozzy releases, Def Leppard, and AC/DC.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I considered the Leps "metal" back in those days although now I'd definitely call 'em "hard rock". Speaking of which I went with Def Leppard, close seconds were Ozzy (very, very close on Diary!), Sabbath, Maiden, Priest, and AC/DC (whom I would also not consider "metal" today although I did back then). Good poll, good music, good memories! :drink:

Def Leppard is Metal? :blink: Sabbath & Mob Rules for me. ;)

In the 1980 poll I said why I included Def Leppard.

The way I see it is that back in 80/81 Def Leppard was considered Metal, but by the time Pyromania had come out Metal was a different animal with Metallica and Slayer coming along.

Def Leppard were part of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal, so that would make them Metal at that time.

Damn, 1981 was a good year wasn't it??

I'll probably be the only one to vote for it but I went with Raven's classic ROCK UNTIL YOU DROP (you included that one just for me didn't ya Wes?), although it was a tough choice considering that HIGH N DRY and POINT OF ENTRY were also very good albums.

Damn, 1981 was a good year wasn't it??

I'll probably be the only one to vote for it but I went with Raven's classic ROCK UNTIL YOU DROP (you included that one just for me didn't ya Wes?), although it was a tough choice considering that HIGH N DRY and POINT OF ENTRY were also very good albums.

I was wondering when you were gonna get to these polls, I was starting to feel like one of the only Metal fans around here.

Yes I included the Raven for you.

I'm gonna try to get to 1982 and 1983 sometime today.

I was wondering when you were gonna get to these polls, I was starting to feel like one of the only Metal fans around here.

Hard as it may be to believe, I sometimes do have a life outside of this board. :) Nah, seriously, the wife and I got involved in some crappy movie on cable last night and therefore I never got to visit H.H. in the evening like I usually do. Sorry!

Bring on the metal years of 1982, 83, 84 (84 was a VERY good year y'know) and so on!!

Y&T "Earthshaker" followed by Ozzy "Blizzard..."

:o Well that just hurts... :crying:

Have you got this "No one appreciates me, no one loves me" feeling ?? :lol:

:o Well that just hurts... :crying:

Sorry Pete I didn't mean it that way.

It's just that John Waite avatar that's throwing me off.

It's like your a Metal fan in witness protection. :P

Seriously I like John Waite.(did I say that out loud? :unsure: )

NOBODY'S as metal as me, but Wes and Pete come pretty damn close. :headbanger:

• 2023 Gold Donors
I considered the Leps "metal" back in those days although now I'd definitely call 'em "hard rock". Speaking of which I went with Def Leppard

:agree: You gosh darn better believe it. They were da bomb back in the day. That's why they got my vote.

Alittle more difficult. Of those listed... Ozzy ~ Blizzard Of Ozz. Just hard to beat the songs on that one.

Riot a close second.