What happened to Metal Sludge?!

London

It was a really cool site a few years ago. But man has it gone down hill since then. The 20 questions were pretty informative/funny. They are gone. They get all their news from other sites now. The message board was decent but no where near this one. I'm close to removing it from my favorites list.

I never did like Metal Sludge. To me it was a waste what they did with their resources. They could have been the best Hair Metal site hands down and they turned it into a tabloid. Tabloid crap annoys me and finding that they did it to Hair Metal didn't sit to well with me. Also, I didn't think Sludge even existed any more. The past couple days I've tried to go to the site it's said it was hacked.

IMO the site really started going downhill when Stevie revealed himself as the man behind the Sludge. The questions used to be pretty off the wall, bold and no-nonsense. Now it's all "how's your family, how's your dog, when was the last time you ate at Burger King" boring crap. I'm thinking the problem is Stevie doesn't have as much time to devote to the site as he used to and maybe a change in personnel at the Sludge site that aren't as funny/creative as previous personnel. I heven't checked the site out in probably a couple months.

They used to have total albums sales each month for alot of

releases that I always liked to look at...but yeah total tabloid crap now!!

Yeah...that was one of my favs as well.

The CD reviews were pretty cool too....

Once again I agree.

Now back to work with you!

Hahaha... Are You at home..mowing your Yard?? LOL!!! :rofl2:

See ya Later!!

Now that one is funny. I'm still laughing!

• 2 years later...

Man, I used to look at this site every day... printed out the interviews and read them on the train. That was way back at my old, old job. Must be about 5 years now since I saw the site... haven't been back once since I left that job... which if I recall was pretty much when it was revealed it was Stevie Rachelle behind it. Or was that a few years after I'd already stopped...

Man, I used to look at this site every day... printed out the interviews and read them on the train. That was way back at my old, old job. Must be about 5 years now since I saw the site... haven't been back once since I left that job... which if I recall was pretty much when it was revealed it was Stevie Rachelle behind it. Or was that a few years after I'd already stopped...

Yeah when it was announced that Stevie was behind it all it went to shit pretty fast.

They reported that Phil Lewis died in his sleep about a week ago, Phil replied with an angsty buletin on myspace saying anyone that wears a Sludge t-shirt to a gig will be thrown out.....bit harsh but he was pissed cause apparently the article took joy in the fact that he was apparently dead (what happened anyway? as far as im aware Phil is an awesome guy!)

i replied to the bulletin asking if he was talking about Rachelle, and he was kind enough to reply back to me about the situation...

They reported that Phil Lewis died in his sleep about a week ago, Phil replied with an angsty buletin on myspace saying anyone that wears a Sludge t-shirt to a gig will be thrown out.....bit harsh but he was pissed cause apparently the article took joy in the fact that he was apparently dead (what happened anyway? as far as im aware Phil is an awesome guy!)

i replied to the bulletin asking if he was talking about Rachelle, and he was kind enough to reply back to me about the situation...

So what did he say?

So what did he say?

i think my message said something like "i think its really cool that you run your own myspace, its a rare thing these days"

and he replied with something along the linse of "hey izzy, i appreciate the time you took to write, despite what smoe people think im just a normal guy tryna have fun and make people happy"

its the usual "thanks for coming to the gig" sorta thing, but i just think its cool that LA Guns are so accessible, i mean Phil didnt mind at all when i spent like 15 minutes talking to him at the meet and greet, he's seriously one of the more awesome rockstars out there in my books :tumbsup: