New Raven album

Fat Freddy

I just saw a posting on the "Loonie Board" at Raven's website that sez the first pressing of the new CD is totally sold out... and still no word on a U.S. or European release... :doh:

One guy posted that he looked for the new CD @ Amazon and it's listed as "No Longer Available" -- although he did find a guy selling a used copy for $75!! :yikes:

John Gallagher himself posted this response to that:

$75.00??? jeez!!

believe it or not, we are working on a friggin deal for the album..and will keep everyone posted..its not that we have not had offers, its just that frankly the album deserves a little better...

cheers, john

I'll keep checking back there for further updates!

I was wondering what was going on with this disc since it was released in Japan what seems like an eternity ago.

I bought mine from CD Inzane

RAVEN - "WALK THROUGH FIRE +1 (JAPAN) 2009"

2009 KING RECORDS EXCLUSIVE AND A "BUY OR DIE" NEW METAL RELEASE FOR FANS OF THIS GREAT BIRD!!! "RAVEN" IS BACK WITH A LONG 15 SONG JAPANESE RELEASE AND THE JAPANESE EXCLUSIVE FEATURES THE BONUS TRACK "NECESSARY EVIL"!!!

$48.95

2009 KING RECORDS EXCLUSIVE AND A "BUY OR DIE" NEW METAL RELEASE FOR FANS OF THIS GREAT BIRD!!! "RAVEN" IS BACK WITH A LONG 15 SONG JAPANESE RELEASE AND THE JAPANESE EXCLUSIVE FEATURES THE BONUS TRACK "NECESSARY EVIL"!!!

$48.95

If I paid that much for a CD my wife would staple my balls to my forehead.

$48.95

If I paid that much for a CD my wife would staple my balls to my forehead.

Damn that really sounds like that would hurt, like real bad. :yikes:

Damn that really sounds like that would hurt, like real bad. :yikes:

Which part, the spending $75 or the ball stapling?

• 1 month later...

Just checked the Raven forum and on Oct. 29th, John Gallagher posted that U.S./Europe release deals for the WALK THROUGH FIRE disc are currently in the works and "details are now being sorted out." He promises to have more info soon.

:woot: It's about friggin' time!

Just checked the Raven forum and on Oct. 29th, John Gallagher posted that U.S./Europe release deals for the WALK THROUGH FIRE disc are currently in the works and "details are now being sorted out." He promises to have more info soon.

:woot: It's about friggin' time!

That's good to hear.

Maybe someone should do a movie about these guys. :headbanger:

That's good to hear.

They were good buddies with Anvil during the 80s so "Raven! The Story of Raven" would make an excellent sequel. ;)

However, I hear that right now the "Anvil" camera crew is busy following Pete Fry around for a forthcoming documentary called "Pete! The Story of FarCry" :lol:

That's good to hear.

They were good buddies with Anvil during the 80s so "Raven! The Story of Raven" would make an excellent sequel. ;)

However, I hear that right now the "Anvil" camera crew is busy following Pete Fry around for a forthcoming documentary called "Pete! The Story of FarCry" :lol:

A story about Pete? That would be great. :headbanger:

Serously though I want a movie about Riot.

That band was on the verge and their singer left for Religion and then their next singer is murdered later on. They then change to a more metal band and then he leaves and then the next vocalist comes in they are more of a Rainbow type hard rock. All lineups kicked ass and they never really stopped or broke up but Mark Reale just kept it going but they never could get their due.

• 4 weeks later...

John Gallagher posted this nugget of info about the new album on Raven's Loonie Board a couple of days ago:

I CAN confirm the CD will be out in the USA & Europe in late March 2010 - full details to come out when I get the ok.....

we will have extra tracks on each version!

more to follow...

cheers, John

WOOT! It's about damn time!! :beerbang:

John Gallagher posted this nugget of info about the new album on Raven's Loonie Board a couple of days ago:

I CAN confirm the CD will be out in the USA & Europe in late March 2010 - full details to come out when I get the ok.....

we will have extra tracks on each version!

more to follow...

cheers, John

WOOT! It's about damn time!! :beerbang:

Excellent!! In time for My birthday too.. Sweet!!!!! :headbanger:

In time for My birthday too

I hope you don't expect me to buy it for you. <_<

• 3 weeks later...

Blabbermouth sez that Raven's WALK THROUGH FIRE will be out in Europe on SPV/Steamhammer at the end of March '10. No word on a U.S. release yet. Does anyone know if SPV still has the "SPV USA" branch to release their stuff in America, or was that a casualty of their bankruptcy re-organization? :blink:

Either way, Euro imports are usually easier to come by (and cheaper) than Japanese ones, so I'd settle for a Euro release at this point. :beerbang:

• 2 weeks later...

Looky what I found.. They signed a deal with Metal Blade Records!!!!!!! :headbanger:

RAVEN Signs U.S. Deal With METAL BLADE RECORDS - Jan. 7, 2010

Legendary British/American heavy metal trio RAVEN has inked a deal with Metal Blade Records for the U.S. release of its new album, "Walk Through Fire". The CD, which came out in Japan in March 2009 via King Records, was recorded at the Assembly Line Studios with engineer/mixer Kevin 131 (PROJECT: FAILING FLESH, DECEASED, DYSRYTHMIA, GARDEN OF SHADOWS).

Due in the U.S. on March 30 (one day earlier in Europe through SPV/Steamhammer), RAVEN's first album since 2000's "One for All" contains 14 new songs and two live bonus tracks.

"Walk Through Fire" track listing:

01. Intro

02. Against the Grain

03. Breaking You Down

04. Under Your Radar

05. Walk Through Fire

06. Bulldozer

07. Long Day's Journey

08. Trainwreck

09. Grip

10. Running Around In Circles

11. Hard Road

12. Armageddon (The Beginning)

13. Attitude

14. Space Station #5 (MONTROSE cover)

15. Live at The Inferno **

16. Rock Until You Drop **

** Bonus Live Tracks

"Against The Grain" audio stream:

Vocalist, bassist, and founding member John Gallagher comments: "We are ecstatic. We go way back with Metal Blade (we've known Brian [slagel, Metal Blade founder] since meeting him backstage at one of our shows in the U.K. in 1982!!!) so there's mutual respect.

"We feel that having this killer new album, 'Walk Through Fire', and a relationship with Metal Blade, an outfit that lives and breathes this music — that UNDERSTANDS where we have been and what we've been through, will show that we are not trading on past glories but that we are a band that continues to be relevant… and kicks ass more than ever before!

"We've set the bar high here with this album and are happy to have a partner willing to get it out there to the metal fans and spread the word. This is the RAVEN album the diehards have been beating us up for… and then some!"

Metal Blade Records' Michael Faley comments: "We are excited and proud to be releasing the new album by RAVEN entitled 'Walk Through Fire'! This record has garnered tremendous reviews worldwide and combines all the strength and power that only the Gallagher brothers can deliver, rock-solid METAL! With a career that has spanned over 25 years, RAVEN is back with a CLASSIC album."

In an April 2009 interview with Powerline A.D., RAVEN bassist/vocalist John Gallagher stated about "Walk Through Fire", "We took a lot longer to get this one done... and usually after you record an album, you mix it quick and its done. We had the chance to sit with it and tweak it, if needed. I don't think we have ever had that luxury before, so it's got the good songs that were worked on over years in some cases — but recorded in a burst of lunacy — and then listened to and polished to a fierce shine. This album just rocks from start to finish and sounds and feels fresh — it's the real deal. It's varied but it's all 100% RAVEN!"

Regarding the band's decision to cover MONTROSE's "Space Station #5" for the new CD, John said, "We used to do it back in the clubs in the northeast of England. It seems we always come up with a fun cover and this one was cool to do. The middle part is nuts with the crime jazz/surf guitar and fretless bass, but overall it's pretty brutal."

Upcoming RAVEN shows:

Apr. 03 - Lübeck, Germany - Rocktower Festival

Jun. 12 - Sölvesborg, Sweden - Sweden Rock Festival

Jun. 18-20 - Clisson, France - Hellfest

Jul. 29 - Brande bei Elmshorn, Germany - Headbangers Open Air

Following a forced layoff through half of the last decade due to Mark Gallagher's long recuperation from a serious accident where Mark's legs were crushed after a wall collapsed on the musician, the band has fought back with a number of European festival appearances, a U.K. tour in 2008 and a triumphant jaunt to Japan in 2009.

RAVEN is:

John Gallagher - Vocals, Bass

Mark Gallagher - Guitar

Joe Hasselvander - Drums

I can't WAIT!!!! :banger:

YAAAAAAY! (does happy dance)

• 2 months later...

I finally got WALK THROUGH FIRE in the mail from Amazon today. It is sooooooooo good to finally hear something new from this band again after so many years! Glory, majesty, HAIL, HAIL, HAIL!!! :bowdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Toi25SCveS4

• 1 year later...

I just picked this up used from FYE for $7.99 and it's pretty damn good so far. :headbanger:

F*ck yeah! :beerbang:

I just picked this up used from FYE for $7.99 and it's pretty damn good so far. :headbanger:

F*ck yeah! :beerbang:

Just like the Anvil discs I was shocked to find this used sitting in a FYE.

I'm telling you this FYE in Cheyenne Wyoming is the best Metal selection I've ever seen.

Lucky you. The closest F.Y.E. store I had closed up at the end of January. I didn't realize how much I would miss them until they were gone. :crying:

On the other hand, I made out like a bandit picking stuff off of their dying carcass during their Going Out of Business sale. :beerbang: