Dio- Holy Diver: Favorite Song

Dio - Holy Diver  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

DIO IS GOD. :banger:

This is one of my favorite albums of all time, so it's a tough choice to pick my fav song.

I'll have to go with "Don't Talk to Strangers" but "Invisible", "Stand up and shout", "Holy Diver", "Straight through the Heart", and "Shame on the Night" are all up there for me.

Ooooo... tough one Wes, ya bastard :lol:

Toss up between "Don't Talk To Strangers" and "Shame on the Night" for me, but if pressed I'd have to say "Don't Talk To Strangers" simply cuz it's one of the best heavy metal songs EVER in my book.

Blind Guardian do a MASSIVE version of that song on the "Holy Dio" tribute album from a few years back too!

Ooooo... tough one Wes, ya bastard :lol:

Toss up between "Don't Talk To Strangers" and "Shame on the Night" for me, but if pressed I'd have to say "Don't Talk To Strangers" simply cuz it's one of the best heavy metal songs EVER in my book.

Blind Guardian do a MASSIVE version of that song on the "Holy Dio" tribute album from a few years back too!

I love that Blind Guardian version to.

Great album! Tough one Wes but I had to go with the first Dio song I ever heard which is Holy Diver. I stopped dead in my tracks, turned the radio knob and said "what the hell was that?" "I think I have just heard the future of rock." And I was right. :banger:

Great album ! A masterpiece !

I went with 'Don't Talk To Stranger', without a doubt !

I almost went with DTTS, and I love EVERY fuckin' song on this masterpiece of an album, but I'm gonna break from the crowd and go with Gypsy believe it or not. That song always just rocked in my humble opinion, right from the start it just kicks fuckin' ass! :banger:

As you can tell, I love this album too! Hey Wes, Sacred Heart USE to be my fave:)

As for the song, Straight thru the heart for me!

JL

That 's good to hear because Holy Diver buries Sacred Heart.

:agree: No comparison.

DIO IS GOD. :banger:

This is one of my favorite albums of all time, so it's a tough choice to pick my fav song.

I'll have to go with "Don't Talk to Strangers" but "Invisible", "Stand up and shout", "Holy Diver", "Straight through the Heart", and "Shame on the Night" are all up there for me.

Well put my Man!! And I believe that DIO Is the Latin or Italian meaning For God...

I just can't remeber which one it is...For me the Track "Holy Diver" Is the best. :banger:

Well put my Man!! And I believe that DIO Is the Latin or Italian meaning For God...

I just can't remeber which one it is...

I believe "Dio" is "God" in Italian AND in Spanish, but I could be wrong since I speak neither language...

As you can tell, I love this album too! Hey Wes, Sacred Heart USE to be my fave:)

As for the song, Straight thru the heart for me!

JL

That 's good to hear because Holy Diver buries Sacred Heart.

Doesn't bury it but is better for sure. You & I agree to disagree on Sacred Heart. We have been down that road before Wesley :P

JL

Should I be embarrassed to say I've never heard this disc? Only Dio one I ever heard was 'Lock up the wolves' and it did nothing for me. Does he have any very melodic albums... or is his craft probably not for me?

Should I be embarrassed to say I've never heard this disc? Only Dio one I ever heard was 'Lock up the wolves' and it did nothing for me. Does he have any very melodic albums... or is his craft probably not for me?

Yes you should be embarrassed.

Seriously even though he's my favorite singer, I'll admit he's not for everyone. If there's any cds you might like of his it would be Sacred Heart or Dream Evil, they probably have the most melodic songs in his catalog. You would probably like "Mystery" from the Last in Line cd also. I could send you a few songs if you like.

• 4 years later...

I also went with Dont Talk To Strangers, but only by a smidgeon over the excellent Rainbow In The Dark

2 of the best metal songs ever recorded IMO :-))

& were both monstrous live as well

RIP