Most disappointing album

Guest Berry

My first introduction of MITCH MALLOY-CEILLINGS & WALLS

Total rubbish!!! :thppt:

'Ready To Go Home' is a cool song though!!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mine would have to be "Unmasked" Kiss.there are a few good songs,but just too poppy and fluffy.

Dynasty was worse..... :whistle:

Nah "Dynasty" was better, still a little to light and fluffy but still better IMO.

Yeah the disco song wasn't great but it's kind of become a classic plus "Sure Know Something" was a good ballad for the time and the 3 Ace songs especially "Hard Times" and "2000 Man" kicked butt. Also I always dug Paul's "Magic Touch" too.

"Dynasty" > ""Unmasked"

That said, "Unmasked" > "Crazy Nights" and/or "Hot In The Shade" combined.

"Dynasty" > ""Unmasked"

That said, "Unmasked" > "Crazy Nights" and/or "Hot In The Shade" combined.

If I'm reading that right, (the alligator > eats the greater of the two) you are saying "Unmasked" is BETTER than "Crazy Nights" and "Hot In The Shade" together???!!! Wha wha what? :chug::drink2::pimp:

If I'm reading that right, (the alligator > eats the greater of the two) you are saying "Unmasked" is BETTER than "Crazy Nights" and "Hot In The Shade" together???!!! Wha wha what? :chug::drink2::pimp:

Yea, dat's what I'm sayin' boss. I may not like UNMASKED much at all, but I hate CRAZY NIGHTS (violent hatred for that record!!!) and HOT IN THE SHADE even more.

Yea, dat's what I'm sayin' boss. I may not like UNMASKED much at all, but I hate CRAZY NIGHTS (violent hatred for that record!!!) and HOT IN THE SHADE even more.

Noooo Keef...say it's not so!

Really, no problem with that...

...aside from the fact that Crazy Nights is one of my favorite KISS albums. :tumbsup:

Noooo Keef...say it's not so!

Really, no problem with that...

...aside from the fact that Crazy Nights is one of my favorite KISS albums. :tumbsup:

Sorry Keef I can't back you up on this one since I've always liked "Hot in the Shade".

And "Unmasked" better than "Crazy Nights?" Those are my two LEAST favorite Kiss albums so it's hard to pick which one is worse. Both have some good songs but they are both so poppy and so far removed from what I would consider the "classic" Kiss sound they just don't work for me. But hey their Kiss albums so they still stay in my collection.

i agree as well about"dynasty",some good songs but the rest i can do without.this was the start of a creative slide for Kiss.

i liked "The Elder" but"Creatures Of The Night" blows all these away,should have been huge. :banger:

Backed on the "Creatures" statement.

That album along with "Lick it Up" and even "Animalize" kicked so much ass.

After that it took them a while to get back to the heavy stuff until the mighty "Revenge" was unleashed.

Van Halen - Diver Down...little more than cover songs, joke songs, and a few instrumental bits. What an absolutely lazy record after the first four mighty albums. I think this was the beginning of the end for Roth and the others. Happy Trails, Big Bad Bill, etc...you could see his Vegas lounge act already starting to creep into the band.

Agree with everyone who also mentioned VH-III. Considering Cherone's work on the early Extreme albums, this should have been a match made in heaven and I was really looking forward to it. Complete disaster IMO.

Def Leppard- Hysteria. I loved Pyromania. Almost cried when I saw the video for Women on MTV. I still can't understand why that album's so revered. It has some of the worst lyrics I've ever heard and the most ridiculous song titles ....Pour Some Sugar, Armaggedon It, Don't Shoot Shotgun, etc...what a complete joke. And the whole thing sounds like it was recorded by computers instead of real people.

Of course there are millions who disagreed with me, so there ya go.

Def Leppard- Hysteria. I loved Pyromania. Almost cried when I saw the video for Women on MTV. I still can't understand why that album's so revered. It has some of the worst lyrics I've ever heard and the most ridiculous song titles ....Pour Some Sugar, Armaggedon It, Don't Shoot Shotgun, etc...what a complete joke. And the whole thing sounds like it was recorded by computers instead of real people.

Of course there are millions who disagreed with me, so there ya go.

Nope, I'm on board with ya! :drink:

• 2 weeks later...
Asphalt Ballet - Pigs

Yeah..lets get rid of a guy in Gary Jefferies who was "the band",had a ton of soul and strong pipes and replace him with Tommy Dean?...who ?... :wacko: Great move... :hammer:

Really? I prefer 'Pigs' over the debut by miles. :)

Asphalt Ballet - Pigs

Yeah..lets get rid of a guy in Gary Jefferies who was "the band",had a ton of soul and strong pipes and replace him with Tommy Dean?...who ?... :wacko: Great move... :hammer:

Really? I prefer 'Pigs' over the debut by miles. :)

Oh God the debut is 10 billion times better IMO. :tumbsup:

• 2023 Gold Donors
Asphalt Ballet - Pigs

I prefer Pigs

Big fat ones or short stubby ones ? :nyanya:;)

Saga - Behaviour

They followed up Heads Or Tales with that crap? I recall reading an interview with Michael Sadler and Jim Crichton around the time Worlds Apart was released and they swore they would never write songs about relationships because every time they tried, they'd crack up laughing. Fast forward a couple of years, and I saw a new Saga release (Behaviour) in the record store, so I bought it unheard, as I always did when they put out an album. What a major fuckin' disappointment that was - every song, a sappy, syrupy foray into emotional bullshit except for Nine Lives Of Miss Midi, which was a little over a minute of keyboard noodling. And where the hell was Ian Crichton's fiery guitar playing? It was as if the rest of the band had neutered him in favor of an experiment into elevator music. I put it away, convinced that I'd never wasted money on such useless crap before. I decided to give another chance several years later, and lo and behold, it was as awful as I remembered it from the first listening. Mere words cannot convey how much I loathe that mellow pile of cream puff blather. Twenty-four years later, it still sucks donkey balls.

Thank GOD for internet, because now it's easy to preview shit before wasting money on it :beerbang:

Saga - Behaviour

They followed up Heads Or Tales with that crap? I recall reading an interview with Michael Sadler and Jim Crichton around the time Worlds Apart was released and they swore they would never write songs about relationships because every time they tried, they'd crack up laughing. Fast forward a couple of years, and I saw a new Saga release (Behaviour) in the record store, so I bought it unheard, as I always did when they put out an album. What a major fuckin' disappointment that was - every song, a sappy, syrupy foray into emotional bullshit except for Nine Lives Of Miss Midi, which was a little over a minute of keyboard noodling. And where the hell was Ian Crichton's fiery guitar playing? It was as if the rest of the band had neutered him in favor of an experiment into elevator music. I put it away, convinced that I'd never wasted money on such useless crap before. I decided to give another chance several years later, and lo and behold, it was as awful as I remembered it from the first listening. Mere words cannot convey how much I loathe that mellow pile of cream puff blather. Twenty-four years later, it still sucks donkey balls.

'Behaviour' is probably of my fave mid period Saga disc if I am honest and I think the songwriting on here is really strong and can't think of one track I don't like on this album. Ian Crichton is definitely not upfront as he was in the past, but he still has some great moments on here for sure. This was the beginning of their more Keyboard AOR/Hi-tech 80's phase compared to the past stuff, so that is not really surprising that Crichton was 'Toned Down' a little. Some people didn't like the more Hi-tech sound, which I can understand after the series of excellent discs they had released previously, but I don't think this can be described as a Crap album to be honest, (the nearest Saga have got to a crap album would have to be 'Pleasure And The Pain' in my opinion, but even that had a few redeeming tracks). Each to their own and all that, but from a life long Saga fan, this is still a great Saga album in my book and one I still spin very regularly.

Sorry Keef I can't back you up on this one since I've always liked "Hot in the Shade".

And "Unmasked" better than "Crazy Nights?" Those are my two LEAST favorite Kiss albums so it's hard to pick which one is worse. Both have some good songs but they are both so poppy and so far removed from what I would consider the "classic" Kiss sound they just don't work for me. But hey their Kiss albums so they still stay in my collection.

At least UNMASKED still had Ace on it (tho Peter was MIA) so it ranks slightly higher than CRAZY NIGHTS or H.O.T.S. in my book.

That said, I saw KISS on the Hot in the Shade tour and it kicked massive amounts of ass. I may not have liked the albums they were putting out at that time, but they still brought it in the live arena...