Guest Berry

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 years later...
Cinderella... Heartbreak Station

I agree with this one totally....Great band, dud album.

I think I felt that way back when it was released but now I have a re-newed appreciation for it.

Sure it's the worst of the four studio albums but damn there's some great songs on there.

I think the thing that threw some fans off was how experimental it was with the addition of country on "One For Rock N' Roll" and the fact that they pushed the bluesy sound from the previous album even further.

"Winds of Change", "Shelter Me", "Electric Love", "Make your Own Way", "Dead Mans Road", "Love Gone Bad", "The More things Change" and "Heartbreak Station" are all great songs IMO.

I think I felt that way back when it was released but now I have a re-newed appreciation for it.

Sure it's the worst of the four studio albums but damn there's some great songs on there.

I think the thing that threw some fans off was how experimental it was with the addition of country on "One For Rock N' Roll" and the fact that they pushed the bluesy sound from the previous album even further.

"Winds of Change", "Shelter Me", "Electric Love", "Make your Own Way", "Dead Mans Road", "Love Gone Bad", "The More things Change" and "Heartbreak Station" are all great songs IMO.

I actually bought it and brought it back to the shop right afterwards as I hated it - swapped it for 'Cocked and Loaded' byL A Guns. Later on I bought all of Cinderella's other albums and saw it for cheap so I added it back to my collection, and I kind of have to agree with Wes. It's not my typical style and by far their worst disc, but I kind of came to like it and enjoy a lot of the songs. Decent disc... but still not great.

I actually bought it and brought it back to the shop right afterwards as I hated it - swapped it for 'Cocked and Loaded' byL A Guns. Later on I bought all of Cinderella's other albums and saw it for cheap so I added it back to my collection, and I kind of have to agree with Wes. It's not my typical style and by far their worst disc, but I kind of came to like it and enjoy a lot of the songs. Decent disc... but still not great.

Holy hell we agreed on something.............well almost. :tumbsup:

How about the Eagles' 'Long Run" as a follow up to "Hotel california"? Should 'Hotel" be listed among the perfect albums ? any opinions ?

I wouldn't call 'Hotel California' perfect, but it is very very good and their best album. I could never completely understand why 'The Long Run' got (and still gets) slated, as I think it is pretty damned good in places.

• 2 months later...

Bon Jovi _"Crush"

Dokken - "Shadowlife"

Europe - "Start From The Dark"

Jon Bon Jovi - "Destination Anywhere"

Loudness - Everything after "On The Prowl"

Mötley Crüe - "Mötley Crüe" & "Generation Swine"

Scorpions - "Eye II Eye"

Skid Row - "Subhuman Race"

Stryper - "Reborn"

TNT - "The New Territory"

Bon Jovi have always been an awesome acoustic band, so when they went into the studio to record an acoustic album I was pretty excited. Early on in the recording process something happened... I don't know what... that made them change direction and in the end they served us up the steaming heap that is known as 'This Left Feels Right'.

They could have made a totally incredible album. Anyone that has heard the acoustic recording of stuff like Born TO Be My Baby, Wanted DOA, Livin On A Prayer, Blood on Blood... could see that a sticking to a standard acoustic album would have been better than the experimental garbage they delivered with this one.

Bon Jovi have always been an awesome acoustic band, so when they went into the studio to record an acoustic album I was pretty excited. Early on in the recording process something happened... I don't know what... that made them change direction and in the end they served us up the steaming heap that is known as 'This Left Feels Right'.

They could have made a totally incredible album. Anyone that has heard the acoustic recording of stuff like Born TO Be My Baby, Wanted DOA, Livin On A Prayer, Blood on Blood... could see that a sticking to a standard acoustic album would have been better than the experimental garbage they delivered with this one.

I never really thought about that, but the only time I've ever seen Bon Jovi live was a free gig in Darling Harbour and it was fully acoustic. And yeah, I have to agree, it was simply excellent. True to the original versions, just acoustic. Just how the album should have been...

I never really thought about that, but the only time I've ever seen Bon Jovi live was a free gig in Darling Harbour and it was fully acoustic. And yeah, I have to agree, it was simply excellent. True to the original versions, just acoustic. Just how the album should have been...

There are actual studio recordings of:

Wanted Dead or Alive (on the Wanted Dead or Alive CDV, or Nevery Say Goodbye Aussie 7")

Born To Be My Baby (Living in Sin Jap version, or you tube the Aussie countdown 1989 version)

Others have been done at differeent acoustic gigs...

Blood on Blood (dig up the gig from the virgin megastore in melbourne 1993)

Livin On A Prayer (hundreds of different recording of this around the place)

Never Say Goodbye (plenty of version, including melbourne 93 instore)

Runaway (just dig up the crush album with the bonus disc)

A studio acoutsic album could have ended up a classic!

Instead... we got a dud. Now that was disappointing!

They actually did a marathon 3hr acoustic gig in japan just a few years back that was gonna be a double live acoustic album, but it never saw the light of day.

***EDIT***

Just did a google search and this was the set-list for the show they did

1. Opening

2. Love For Sale

3. Livin' On A Prayer

4. Everyday

5. Everyday (Take:2)

6. Someday I'll Be Saturday Night

7. Bed Of Roses

8. Mystery Train

9. Joker (Steve Miller cover)

10. Joker (Take:2)

11. Born To Be My Baby

12. In These Arms

13. Misunderstood

14. Misunderstood (Take:2)

15. Misunderstood (Take:3)

16. Always (w/ strings)

17. Right Side Of Wrong (w/ strings)

18. You Had Me From Hello (w/ strings)

19. Joey (w/ strings)

20. Joey (Take:2) (w/ strings)

21. Heroes (w/ strings)

22. The Distance (w/ strings)

23. The Distance (Take:2) (w/ strings)

24. I'll Be There For You (Richie on vocals)

25. Always (Take:2)

26. Intro

27. Livin' On A Prayer (take:2) (w/ strings)

28. Blood On Blood

29. Diamond Ring

30. Living In Sin

31. Have A Little Faith In Me

32. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead (last 2 mins only)

33. Runaway

34. Runaway (Take:2)

35. Wanted Dead Or Alive

Holy hell we agreed on something.............well almost. :tumbsup:

Heartbreak Station is my favorite Cinderella release....and yes I like all of their music.....one of my fav bands....

I liked Cinderella's HEARTBREAK STATION as well... though compared to the other three studio albums it's definitely the weakest...

I recently came across a review I wrote of that album for my college paper and it totally made me cringe. At the time I must've REALLY liked it cuz it was a total slobbering fan boy review that ended with the line "Together with the Black Crowes, Cinderella are going to kick off an entire new decade of blues-based rock supremacy. Get in on the ground floor now!" :rofl2: Of course, a scant few months later a lil' ol' band from Seattle came along...so I really called that one didn't I? :unsure:

I really oughta post some of those old college-paper reviews here sometime... they're a laugh and a half. I sounded even more pretentious in those reviews than I do now. :)

Alice Cooper - Along Came A Spider.

As he did with "Trash", Alice really screwed the pooch on this one. But I suspect he will recover nicely. 2 terrible albums in 40 years. I think he's doing pretty well for himself.

As he did with "Trash", Alice really screwed the pooch on this one. But I suspect he will recover nicely. 2 terrible albums in 40 years. I think he's doing pretty well for himself.

Only Alice album that is terrible is Flush the fashion.

Trash is one of his best, and Along came a spider is a great release!

I liked Cinderella's HEARTBREAK STATION as well... though compared to the other three studio albums it's definitely the weakest...

See for me, its at least equal to Long cold winter, which are both better than night songs!

Still climbing is a great CD, but that would be fourth for me!

But hey, four great CDs without a dud is pretty impressive for a band from that era!

Only Alice album that is terrible is Flush the fashion.

Trash is one of his best, and Along came a spider is a great release!

Backed on that. As I mentioned in another thread, I love all eras of Alice and 'T.r.a.s.h' and 'Spider' are 2 discs I really like. The only one I don't like is 'Pretties For You' which is pretty bad for the most part.

See for me, its at least equal to Long cold winter, which are both better than night songs!

Still climbing is a great CD, but that would be fourth for me!

But hey, four great CDs without a dud is pretty impressive for a band from that era!

But of course... Eric Brittingham the Mighty would never release a dud. Hail Brittingham! :bowdown:

Wnger IV was a big disappointment. I thought it would be so much better than it was.

I didn't think it was such a big disappointment. Sure it wasn't the "classic" Winger style but I really thought it was good on its own.

Finally someone that sees things my way on this under appreciated album. :tumbsup: