Costs for the site run about $180 a month. It used to be higher, but once Live365 folded and I did away with the radio feed, that dropped a bit. So when I say "costs", what do I mean? It's the out-of-pocket expenses to keep Heavy Harmonies running: server lease, bandwidth, hosting support, and the subscription for this forum software.
The goal of the donation drive, in a perfect world, would be to cover all of the out-of-pocket costs for the year, approximately $2,160. Unlikely (it never has), but hey, I can dream!
The donation drive will run through the end of April.
I'm going to continue the donation reward system in place:
Anyone who makes a single donation of $20 or more and has a board username will be added to the group "2017 Donors". This gets you the following benefits:
- A nice shiny icon in your profile showing that you are an HH Donor for 2017
- An increase in the size of your PM storage from 200 to 500 messages
- Exempt from the search flood control (normally if you try and do a search more than every 20 seconds, you get an annoying little "please wait" message)
- The ability to start threads in the sale forum.
- No time limit on editing your own posts! This will especially be useful for those with trade/sale lists as you'll be able to edit them rather than posting revised versions.
- A warm fuzzy feeling inside that you are helping support Heavy Harmonies!
If you are currently in the 2016 donor groups but don't wish to donate this year (or can't), at the end of the donation drive, your group membership will revert to the regular non-donator membership group.
Membership in the 2017 Donors group will last until the end of next year's donation drive, at which point you can donate again to remain in the Donors group with the same benefits, or revert back to your current member group.
PayPal donation buttons are found at the top of all the pages on the main site and here on the forum on the right side at the top, or if you'd prefer to send a money order, check, or cash (not recommended, but I know some people prefer to do so), you can make payable to Dan Harding and send to:
P.O. Box 17212
Urbana, IL 61803
If you can't give $20, give $10... if you can't give $10, give $5... it's just once a year.
(And if you happen to be fortunate enough to be earning 6 figures or more per year, please feel free to give gobs of cash! I'm not opposed to having a sugar daddy or two )
As always, your support is greatly appreciated!