Judas Priest's Point Of Entry Cover - Is Everyone Blind?

Axelinger

220px-JudaspriestpointofentryUSA.JPG

By chance, years ago, I happened to glance at this cover from a distance, and immediately did a double-take. I'd never seen it from a distance before, and I'd always thought it was simply a depiction of a pathway into a mountainous, desert region at sunset or sunrise, with the fading paper trail being the "Point of Entry". Up close, that is exactly what it appears to be, but from a distance, a different perspective appears. The dark sections on either side of the paper pathway take on the form of legs from upper thigh to a point below the knees. The pathway becomes the gap in a spread stance. The yellowish mountains take on the appearance of a slightly flapping hem of a short skirt, and the sky resembles a distance discoloration of the skirt's continuance upward. And where do we find the album's title, Point Of Entry? Directly over the "point of entry" in question. The artist is very clever in his sexually suggestive depiction, and I've yet to find anyone online, who has put forth the interpretation I've just described, but there it is. Plain as day once you allow your mind to actually see it for what it is. I've read where the guys in Judas Priest themselves didn't get the imagery; they express puzzlement at paper trails, mountains, and the desert location. I'm astounded no one has pointed out the interpretation I've gathered from it. It's just so damned obvious once you focus on it.

Haven't seen that cover before ... completely different to the UK version ...

Haven't seen that cover before ... completely different to the UK version ...

That's because the Brits had already "figured it out" (Rob). I have the above as a CD and this one on vinyl.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Point-Entry-Judas-Priest/dp/B006BB8IWO/ref=sr_1_5?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1382344443&sr=1-5&keywords=point+of+entry

There we go with it not embedding again ...

Mind....blown.

It's certainly more subtle than, say, the Scorpions' 'Lovedrive' or 'Animal Magnetism' :)

• 4 months later...

And the printer paper between her legs representing the highway is actually toilet paper! ;)

sorry...awful, I know. :unsure:

Very good observation though, I did finally "see it" after staring at the pic and letting my eyes go a little blurry.

• 2 weeks later...