Stephen Pearcy - I Can't Take It (from 'Smash')

Stefan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind that one at all. Very, very basic and things Pearcy used to do with his vocals don't sound as cool as they did in the past, but it's still a good enough Ratt-styled rocker for me. Sounds a lot better than any of his other solo stuff.

I think Pearcy was out from RATT or at least he didn't want to work again with Blotzer ? so I don't see any new RATT comin out soon, probably in the next 5 years when things cool down a bit? :D

I don't mind it but the band need to get a new singer! In all fairness it still sounds like him, sort of, but he doesn't sound good.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I enjoyed that tune.....way better than most of his other solo stuff.

Compared to the rest of his solo stuff, this is a really good song, but it kinda sounds like a bit of a rehash of Ratt - Best of me.

Not a dead ringer by any means, but certainly brings that song to mind for me, but not as strong.

Haven't listened to this not sure if I will, but there's a live version of Wanted Man with his solo band (around 2003 I believe) which sounds terrible, gave me a good laugh though that's for sure.

Will see if I can find it online if not I have it on my hard drive somewhere, you guys have got to see this

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I kinda dig the music, better than what I expect, vocally I think he's just the same

This is the closest to the Ratt sound he has done as a solo artist.

• 1 year later...

[bkground=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.960784)]STEPHEN PEARCY signs t Frontiers Music Sri for the release of "SMASH" 2017[/size][/background]

Frontiers Music Srl is thrilled to announce the signing of STEPHEN PEARCY for the release of his fourth original solo album, “SMASH”.

Stephen Pearcy, best known as the original vocalist and founding member of the platinum rock band RATT, has been working hard to complete his highly anticipated new album, while at the same time keeping busy performing shows across the U.S. “I am very happy with the new music and the diversity of the songs. It's taken some time. I'm sure all the fans will be excited too. Also, to be involved with the Frontiers Music family is way cool,” says Stephen about the new songs which are coming to life now.

The single "I Can't Take It" was mixed and mastered by none other than the legendary Beau Hill, the producer of RATT's first four albums, among many other hit records. Stephen will be supporting "SMASH" with live dates in the U.S. and internationally.

With over 15 million records and gold and platinum long form videos sold in the U.S. alone with RATT, touring the world with over (20) albums to his credit with other ventures, solo projects, compilations, best of records, and other bands he created, there is no slowing Pearcy down.

Pearcy is an accomplished songwriter with credits on all of RATT's records through the years. "RATT" EP, "Out Of The Cellar", "Invasion Of Your Privacy", "Dancing Undercover", "Reach for the Sky", "Detonator", "Ratt". Most recently, RATT's last studio album, "Infestation" was released a few years ago to rave reviews around the world.

Stephen is also a producer, composer, television program creator, art director, marketing director, owner/product creator of "Mic Knuckles" (hands free mic holder) and has also been involved in recording songs for TV and Movies and ESPN2 NHRA Drag Racing Series over the years. Additionally, he has been involved in sponsoring several top fuel dragsters and funny cars since the mid 80's-90's thru the 2000's.

“SMASH” is planned for release on Frontiers Music Sri in early 2017.

• 1 month later...

'Smash' out January 27th

14938135_1340103872694025_18524894909004

Tracks:

1. I Know I’m Crazy
2. Ten Miles Wide
3. Shut Down Baby
4. Dead Roses
5. Lollipop
6. Hit Me With A Bullet
7. Rain
8. Want Too Much