CYANIDE - Lethal Dose (2015)

AlphaMale

CYANIDE%2B-%2BLethal%2BDose%2B(front).gi

from 0dayrox2: http://0dayrox2.blogspot.com/2015/01/CYANIDE-Lethal-Dose-2015-Ratt-Motley-Crue-Kix-Bulletboys.html

Born in Sin City several years ago, rockers CYANIDE are releasing their debut "Lethal Dose" today, January 27th.

All members in the band are experienced musicians who have been rocking Las Vegas and the Bay Area with various projects, opening for the likes of Skid Row, Stephen Pearcy of Ratt, Doro Pesch, Bulletboys, Black 'N Blue, Tuff, and more.

Founded by vocalist Robert Hussey & guitarist Marc Andrews, Cyanide started as a cover band playing in Las Vegas doing classics such as Queensryche's 'Queen of the Reich', Motley Crue's 'Ten Seconds to Love', Warrant's 'Down Boys', etc.

In a city filled with bands that often serve up the same generic rock and metal covers day in day out, Cyanide has managed to stand out largely thanks to a mixture of covers and original material alike.

Soon their own penned songs gained such strength that the band needed to record the stuff and put it on CD.

And this is what we have on "Lethal Dose": 11 originals with a sound that hearkens back to the glorious, sleaziest days of the Sunset Strip.

CYANIDE%2B-%2BLethal%2BDose%2B(inside).g

Yes, "Lethal Dose" is a pure Hair Metal album. The kind of polished, clean, bombastic second half of the Eighties recordings.

If you did not know better, you would swear this album was recorded back in the '80s amidst all of the biggest bands on the day.

The aim was to obtain a sound like a 'Bob Rock produced record', and they have pretty accomplished the task. Everything sounds bright, potent and crisp.

Okay, you know the production is great and this album sounds like a true product of the '80s... but how are the actual songs on the record? You will be relieved to know that these songs are damn good and fit the mood perfectly.

As soon as the album kicks off, you are greeted with "Bitches to Blame", which very well could have been an anthem had it been released back in the day.

With tracks like "Drinkin", "Pump it to Me", the party-ready "Lookin' for a Good Time", first single "What Comes Around Goes Around" or the sleazy album closer "Whole 'Lotta Trouble" (dedicated to the legendary Sherri's Ranch in Pahrump, Nevada), this album perfectly brings back the spirit and attitude of the Hair Metal heyday.

Cyanide really sounds like '80s Ratt, Motley Crue, Kix, Bulletboys, and they even have a track entitled "Nikki Sixx in Disguise" - a blatant and obvious Motley tribute, but that just makes the song all the more amusing and enjoyable!

Of course a Hair Metal record needs a 'slower tune' balance, and the excellent "Groovin’" (one of my favorites) go for an elaborated midtempo pace.

Then the obligatory power ballad: "It's a Long Road" avoids the common place for this kind of songs still including all the classic elements to turn it memorable.

CYANIDE%2B-%2BLethal%2BDose%2B(back).gif

Definitely not a parody like Steel Panther, Cyanide brings back the fun, enjoyable party rock of the past with style and quality on all levels.

Great musicianship, a perfect singer for the genre and stupendous production provides to "Lethal Dose" a status of 'a major label lost '80s recording'.

Their 11 song debut album is full of high octane, sex, drugs and rock 'n roll fueled tracks. Yes, there's dirty lyrics too, and should have deserved a 'Explicit Content' sticker on the cover.

The ever present consistent songwriting prove this band has what it takes to drive '80s Hair Metal into the next generation.

And of course, it's a joyful ride for long-time fans of this underestimate genre.

VERY Recommended.

01. Bitches to Blame
02. Drinkin'
03. Pump It to Me
04. Flying Free
05. Nikki Sixx in Disguise
06. Devil Inside Me
07. Groovin'
08. Lookin' for a Good Time
09. What Comes Around Goes Around
10. It's a Long Road
11. Whole Lotta Trouble

Rob Hussey: Vocals
Marc Andrews: Guitar
David Karr: Bass
Ryan Gillan: Drums
Miranda Trenholm: Backing Vocals

BUY IT !
www.cdbaby.com/cd/cyanide12
www.amazon.com/Lethal-Dose-Explicit-Cyanide/dp/B00RF7314I

Dudes could lose some kilos, and stay away from cameras... and just generally hide. But musically, that's really quite good. Very authentic 80's sound and style. I'd definitely like to check this out.

Dudes could lose some kilos, and stay away from cameras... and just generally hide. But musically, that's really quite good. Very authentic 80's sound and style. I'd definitely like to check this out.

I agree 100% ...fortunately I only care about the band members looks when they are female.... :lol:

I agree 100% ...fortunately I only care about the band members looks when they are female.... :lol:

:agree:

I think he sounds like Stephen Pearcy.

I heard this over the weekend and 9/10 times he sounds like Vince Neil, but there is a very heavily influenced Ratt sounding song on here where he really sounds like Pearcy, on purpose, I'd bet. I thought the disc was pretty cool. To be honest, not sure the basic hard rockers will have much replay value, but there's a few more "commercial" numbers on the second half which were pretty cool. It's a nice disc - very 80's, but it's not out of the world or anything.

Oh, and a word of warning. Block your ears when 'Nikki Sixx in disguise' hits the speakers. That one is pretty awful. Lyrics sound like they were written by an infant. Favourite tune was 'What comes around goes around.'

I think he sounds like Stephen Pearcy.

I heard this over the weekend and 9/10 times he sounds like Vince Neil, but there is a very heavily influenced Ratt sounding song on here where he really sounds like Pearcy, on purpose, I'd bet. I thought the disc was pretty cool. To be honest, not sure the basic hard rockers will have much replay value, but there's a few more "commercial" numbers on the second half which were pretty cool. It's a nice disc - very 80's, but it's not out of the world or anything.

Oh, and a word of warning. Block your ears when 'Nikki Sixx in disguise' hits the speakers. That one is pretty awful. Lyrics sound like they were written by an infant. Favourite tune was 'What comes around goes around.'

Yeah.... agreed mate. The best song is the first single. Most of the others are forgettable.