NELSON - New Album ''Peace Out''

simo

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez that opening riff on the first song sounds like something direct off their (excellent) 'Life' album.

Anyway, I definitely welcome this. How did everyone else miss this one in the new releases threads?

Samples sound pretty awesome, to be honest. As long as they leave all the country shit behind, I believe these guys definitely still have very good music in them. Really looking forward to this.

I thought LIGHTNING STRIKES TWICE was really good, and I'll certainly be all over this new one.

I cannot for the life of me, however, understand why the Bros. would make such a line-in-the-sand statement as to say this will be their last rock album ever. Seems a bit calculated and "whoa is me."

Jeez that opening riff on the first song sounds like something direct off their (excellent) 'Life' album.

Anyway, I definitely welcome this. How did everyone else miss this one in the new releases threads?

Samples sound pretty awesome, to be honest. As long as they leave all the country shit behind, I believe these guys definitely still have very good music in them. Really looking forward to this.

kinda sounds like toto's afraid of love i think

Yep, huge fan. Love their harmonies and they write great songs. Looking forward to this!

Agree

I never got into the Brothers album or the father Sons album but the rest I absolutely love. Huge fan and I don't know if anything better than Imaginator came out in 1996.

I like the debut and most of their other stuff a fair bit, but I thought 'Life' was brilliant and still the best thing they have ever done. I'm keen to hear this one as the last wasn't half bad.

I like the debut and most of their other stuff a fair bit, but I thought 'Life' was brilliant and still the best thing they have ever done. I'm keen to hear this one as the last wasn't half bad.

I thought that was a great album as well :)

• 2 weeks later...

From Frontiers Records:

Nelson soars with Peace Out - New Studio Album Returns Band to Classic Melodic Rock Format. To Be Released By Frontiers Music Srl in May

In their 25 years as a musical duo, Gunnar & Matthew Nelson, collectively known simply as Nelson, have grown from Pop music idols to seasoned songwriters and performers. Now, as the brothers celebrate a quarter century at the forefront of the international music scene, they return with Peace Out, their most ambitious studio album to date.

Released in Europe on May 15th and North America on May 19th by Frontiers Music Srl. Peace Out marks a return to the well crafted pop songs that put the band at the top of the Billboard charts in the 1990s. From the anthemic “Invincible” to the rollicking soon-to-be pop classic “Back in the Day,” Peace Out is quintessential Nelson from start to finish.

“We set a pretty high standard with our previous release with Frontiers – Lightning Strikes Twice. That record received by far the most critical acclaim of any Nelson record to date... Peace Out was expected to be even BETTER, The so the goal was to push ourselves to the very limit- past what we believed we could do,” says Gunnar Nelson. “We wanted to write and record the most exciting, authentic, uplifting, and rockin’ Nelson record ever made! The mission: to make a classic.”

The brothers have always had their work cut out for themselves, being the third generation in one of America’s most celebrated entertainment families, who came into US households every week from 1952 through 1966 on the ABC sitcom, The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet. Their grandfather, Ozzie Nelson, was a celebrated big band leader, whose orchestra featured their grandmother, Harriet; and their late father, Ricky, was one of Rock’n’roll’s earliest superstars, a member of The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame, and generally credited with creating the country-rock format.

When the Nelson twins burst onto the music scene with the Billboard #1 hit “(I Can’t Live Without Your) Love & Affection,” in 1990, they set a Guinness World Record by being the only family to have three generations of #1 hits on the charts! Nelson went on to release a half dozen Rock albums selling nearly 7 million records, beginning with the multi-platinum After The Rain.

Peace Out marks their fourth release on Frontiers since 2010. Look for Nelson to embark on a world tour upon the album’s release. “We're putting the live show together as we speak... And it will incorporate the very best live songs from our career... Focusing heavily on the Peace Out album,” tells Gunnar.

The Nelsons have worked in a number of musical styles including pop, hard rock and even country. Now, Peace Out takes them to the musical home they have known the best: harmony-driven pop Rock whose melodies are as infectious as they are lasting.

11027490_856073064448746_486216881089603

Tracks:

Hello Everybody

Back In The Day

Invincible

Let It Ride

I Wanna Stay Home

On The Bright Side

Rockstar

Autograph

What’s Not To Love?

You And Me

Bad For You

Leave The Light On For Me

• 2 weeks later...

Great song, but I agree with the production haters - sounds very poor. Why are these guys suddenly releasing a poorly produced album? They've not done it before. :(