Hit The Lights - 'Summer Bones'

Geoff

Okay, I know there's some new and potentially excellent albums coming out this year, but this one has just cast all others aside (apart from Wigelius) in terms of pure anticipation from myself. Thinking this band was in limbo, I am delighted to report that there is a new Hit The Lights album due March 24th! I'm counting down the days;

gallery_9_2_451714.png

Track List:

1. Fucked Up Kids
2. The Real
3. Life on the Bottom
4. Revolutions and Executions
5. No Filter
6. Blasphemy, Myself and I
7. Summer Bones
8. Keep Your Head
9. Sitter
10. Old Friend

Geoff, remind me to hear this album later, that song is not bad, actually pretty okay

but I'm longing for songs like those in EVERY AVENUE Picture Perfect from 09, any new thing in the vein of that ?

• My Little Pony

Geoff, remind me to hear this album later, that song is not bad, actually pretty okay

but I'm longing for songs like those in EVERY AVENUE Picture Perfect from 09, any new thing in the vein of that ?

Uh, yeah, he just posted one. McBusted. Off you haven't already heard it, I think you'll enjoy it.

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=33011&do=findComment&comment=705270

• My Little Pony

The song is ok, but aimed at delinquent 15 year olds....not 44 year old men with 3 kids lol.

My thoughts, too. Aren't these guys a bit too old to be singing about it?

• My Little Pony

This isn't new, but have you listened to The Classic Crime? Their first album might be right up your alley. Hell, most of their stuff might be. They're definitely one of my favourite bands.

The album in that link is their second, but here's what the debut sounded like:

Don't know if there's specifically anything like Every Avenue, but some modern rock from 2014 kinda similar in style that I'd recommend would be:

Badger - 'Time Will Tell'

5 Seconds Of Summer - s/t, 'She Looks So Perfect EP' & 'Don't Stop EP'

James Durbin - 'Celebrate'

Let It Happen - 'Cause and effect'

We Are The In Crowd - 'Weird Kids' (female vocals)

You Me At Six - 'Cavalier Youth'

One of the hookiest (and one of my favourite) songs of the year... and the best hook isn't even until halfway through the 2nd verse. Killer song, and I dare you not to feel sentimental about something in your past as you listen to it:

• 1 month later...

Geoff I cant believe you didnt email me when you found out this was coming out, god what a prick, why did you think they were in Limbo??? why would you ever think that? their albums have gotten progressivelly better and better, and not just by a little bit, they have made HUGE!! strides over the last 3 albums, I have to say, I do like Skip School more then all of them, but musically, that last album was mind blowing, cause it showed they had talent to actually create serious songs, and not just party post punk emo stuff, I expect an email next time mr.G-Off, when you want a spot in one of my movies, u sure dont hesitate to email me, this should be no different, Chief

I thought they were in limbo because the lead singer's entire life seemed to have been devoted to the Thief Club project over the past few years, so I was all like when the frick did he have any time to hang out with, let alone record a full new album with his Hit The Lights buddies? I just wasn't expecting it.

Album streaming... I need to hear this immediately!!

I thought they were in limbo because the lead singer's entire life seemed to have been devoted to the Thief Club project over the past few years, so I was all like when the frick did he have any time to hang out with, let alone record a full new album with his Hit The Lights buddies? I just wasn't expecting it.

Album streaming... I need to hear this immediately!!

Yep! Anxiety on my end as well, almost can't stand it.

Heard this one today, and I gotta say, initially it took quite a bit of the wind out of my sales. I'm glad I'm coming here after listening to it three times in a row rather than just once. Because after the first spin I was all like, Whoah, that was underwhelming!

But let me expand. A huge reason why I had that initial thought is because the album plays all the way through in less than half an hour. It's only 10 songs and from memory there was only one that exceeded the 3min mark. The rest were around the 2 and 1/2 minute mark. Which isn't too bad a thing, but you basically blink and you miss the album.

Anyway, a few more spins under the belt, and it's already started to make a bit more sense to me. 'Fucked up kids' is still a great tune, and is actually one of the best on the disc. 'The real' actually also turns out to be one of the better tunes on the album. There's nothing at all I remotely dislike on the disc, but my recommendation is that if you're serious about this band, give this a few spins before making a decision on it. Each of the three times I spun it I dug it more, and that's only the first day.

In terms of modern rock, these guys come across as one of the tightest outfits out there, with some seriously cool riffage in the verses here. There are good hooks, but they're not as obvious as the last few... well, all the Hit The Lights discs. It's a world away from 'Invicta,' that's for sure.

If you liked the Thief Club project, you'll take great joy in the title track, which for all money, sounds to me like a Thief Club b-side.

Anyway, it's a nice disc, but I hope there's a deluxe edition with a handful of extra songs.

You serious bro?? so they didnt build on the giant leaps they made with Invitica?? well are any of the catchy cheesy post punk choruses there? like Skip School? if you recall, the songs on skip school were all basically punk length, which clock in at 3 minutes and under, find me a punk song that exceeds 3minutes real quick while we are on the subject, but dude, you almost sound like your trying to convince yourself to like this new Hit The Lights, you do not sound sure at all, and Im horrible about doing that same shit, I do not want to believe they regressed, so give it to me straight G-Off, all bullshit aside, before I hear this album, whats your unbiased view on it??

You serious bro?? so they didnt build on the giant leaps they made with Invitica?? well are any of the catchy cheesy post punk choruses there? like Skip School? if you recall, the songs on skip school were all basically punk length, which clock in at 3 minutes and under, find me a punk song that exceeds 3minutes real quick while we are on the subject, but dude, you almost sound like your trying to convince yourself to like this new Hit The Lights, you do not sound sure at all, and Im horrible about doing that same shit, I do not want to believe they regressed, so give it to me straight G-Off, all bullshit aside, before I hear this album, whats your unbiased view on it??

Some exteded versions of punk songs go for around 3:05

NO SHIT!! those are the progressive punk songs

That last post was pretty much my unbiased view. On my first spin I honestly thought to myself, 'Wow, these guys have written this album in an hour and recorded it in another hour and in two hours this album was complete.'

But every time I've spun it since there's a hook that's shining through, or a musical fill that's really getting my attention. I'll be honest, as a fan of this band since basically their inception... this is probably their weakest album, in my opinion. That said, I do love the other three very much, so it's not too much of a criticism.

I dunno, man, the album's honestly what it is. It's brief, not instant, but worth persisting. It is DEFINITELY not as good as 'Invicta,' nor is it even remotely in the same style... but it's still well worth the effort.

isnt that the entire schtick of HTL? the complete standout hooks and choruses? one shouldnt have to dig into a HTL song to get it, they jump out and grab you, thats how they got me, sorry man, I think you just are so let down your starting to force yourself into liking it, and I think I know you pretty well G-Off! you are the star of many of my videos!!

Holy jesus mate, you really want me to say I hate it or something, hey? :lol: I don't think I've been able to hide my disappointment over the album thus far and have admitted it's far from what I expected, BUT, the fact still remains is it's still not a bad disc. Not at all. It's just not the masterpiece I expected/hoped it to be.

He He He! Yes Geoff, because I know if I can get you to say you hate it, I will not even have to deal with listening to it(which btw, I still havent done yet) I don't want my view to be tarnished, and brother, I know I irritate you, and get under your skin, but when it comes down to it, who on here do you really share the most musical styles with?? really! who literally agrees with you, or has close to the exact same thing or opinion to say on most music you like, to the point it's a little creepy!

Dont say Cody! that was just a random universal question I wanted you to answer, thats all,

psss, you know who im talking about, if you hate the new HTL, I just saved myself $15

The answer to your question is... Craig. Seriously, did up that dude's posts. He and I basically have identical taste in music. Ident. Ical.

The answer to your question is... Craig. Seriously, did up that dude's posts. He and I basically have identical taste in music. Ident. Ical.

??? Craig huh?? so... G-Off...

WHO DA FUCK IZ CRAIG MUTHA FUCKA?? BITCH DONT KNOW NO MUDA FUCKIN CRAIG AN SHIT NIGGA WHO DA FUCK YU THINK U FOOLIN FUCKIN AROUND WIT DIZ CRAIG SHIT, U DIDNT THINK IZ GONNA FIND OUT MUTHA FUCKA, U THOUGHT U AN CRAIG WAZ GONN BE SLICK AN SHIT AN ID NEVER FIND OUT, WELL U GOT A NUTHA MUTHA FUCKIN THING COMIN BITCH. YOU AND MOTHA FUCKIN CRAIGS PUNK ASS, IMA FIND THAT NIGGA TO AN SERVE HIM UP SO GET HIZ PUNK AZZ READY U FINISHED G-OFF U FUCKED AROUND ON DA RONG NIGGA, NOW U GON PAY

??? Craig huh?? so... G-Off...

WHO DA FUCK IZ CRAIG MUTHA FUCKA?? BITCH DONT KNOW NO MUDA FUCKIN CRAIG AN SHIT NIGGA WHO DA FUCK YU THINK U FOOLIN FUCKIN AROUND WIT DIZ CRAIG SHIT, U DIDNT THINK IZ GONNA FIND OUT MUTHA FUCKA, U THOUGHT U AN CRAIG WAZ GONN BE SLICK AN SHIT AN ID NEVER FIND OUT, WELL U GOT A NUTHA MUTHA FUCKIN THING COMIN BITCH. YOU AND MOTHA FUCKIN CRAIGS PUNK ASS, IMA FIND THAT NIGGA TO AN SERVE HIM UP SO GET HIZ PUNK AZZ READY U FINISHED G-OFF U FUCKED AROUND ON DA RONG NIGGA, NOW U GON PAY

Craig saw your post and he said yes, he would love to go out for dinner with you and he does, and I mean does... like romance.