Stryper - Fallen

Stefan

11168024_10153434898523420_1133835801177

From Michael Sweet's facebook:

Here's a little insight on "Fallen":

The album was written and arranged very quickly (9-10 days actually). This by no means reflects on the quality of the album. It's some of our best material to date and so far those who have heard it have said the very same. Chris Jericho texted me and said that Yahweh may be the best song since reuniting. Kevin (our publicist) said that the ballad is our new "Honestly"!

There are songs on this album that coincide with sitting down and reading the bible. The music is heavy and the lyrics are bold and powerful, some taken right from scriptures. Sonically I think this is our best sounding album to date! Everything is crystal clear. The highs are crisp and the lows are tight and punchy. The more I listen, the more excited I am for all of you to hear it!!!

We will be announcing a track listing/song titles soon and once we have a date to release the first song (and which one) you'll be the first to know.

Love you all and I hope you're ready for "Fallen"

M

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last album was their best in a long time. Count me in.

That whole insight is painful to read.

What do you mean? Songs that coincide with sitting down and reading the bible and lyrics taken right from scriptures... what is painful about that? Oh, you mean EVERYFUCKINGTHING!

Honestly, I like Stryper albums and am looking forward to hearing this, but when are they going to give up on this religious shit again and stop being dipshits? Discreet enough? I hope. 'Against the Law' is their best album for very good reason. It helps when you don't sound like an idiot with every lyric you sing... ;)

9-10 days to write and arrange too? That is quick.

Michael Sweet is on a terror right now......putting out a bunch of quality tuneage. I'm expecting this to be a good one....however, ya never know until ya hear it! At some point I gotta wonder if he's moving too fast.....but, as long as he sings like he does and the music rawks, then I'm buying too, Mullethead! :-)

One little request : that i can understand him this time.

His diction on the last Stryper album is appalling...no way could i decipher what he was singing without the lyric sheet.

• 2 weeks later...

The direction they're taking is dark and heavy according to Blabbermouth which means they'll probably opt for the heavy metal route instead of hard rock, especially with Black Sabbath cover, so probably sounds not gonna be a friendly album to the melodic ears although I think it's not gonna be far off from the previous album

The direction they're taking is dark and heavy according to Blabbermouth which means they'll probably opt for the heavy metal route instead of hard rock, especially with Black Sabbath cover, so probably sounds not gonna be a friendly album to the melodic ears although I think it's not gonna be far off from the previous album

Well stated, and unfortunately I agree (although I wish I were wrong).

It's as though when they get into the studio, Mike and Oz pick up guitars that have no B or High E strings, and the Low E, A, D and G strings are all tuned down like TWO full steps.

That is NOT the Stryper sound I fell in love with back in like 1984. I understand "most" singers can't hit the notes they were capable of 30 years ago, but Sweet still does pretty damn good, no reason for them to be so drastic in their down-tuning. Make those Jacksons scream, man!

Dark and brooding Stryper is simply not my cup of tea.

It's as though when they get into the studio, Mike and Oz pick up guitars that have no B or High E strings, and the Low E, A, D and G strings are all tuned down like TWO full steps.

That is NOT the Stryper sound I fell in love with back in like 1984. I understand "most" singers can't hit the notes they were capable of 30 years ago, but Sweet still does pretty damn good, no reason for them to be so drastic in their down-tuning. Make those Jacksons scream, man!

Downtuning dont bother me - like I said as long as i can understand what he's singing!!

I wouldnt mind hearing a dark brooding metal album from these guys - might be pretty cool.

The direction they're taking is dark and heavy according to Blabbermouth which means they'll probably opt for the heavy metal route instead of hard rock

You're saying that as if it's a bad thing. :guitar: I always suspected that there was a halfway decent metal band hiding under that cheesy/glossy exterior of theirs.

Agree

Still hope to listen to a half decent ballad from these highly talented guys. Funny, yet so formulaic cover, postulating all that's bad with formalism in art B)

'Lady' is the only decent (or should I say excellent?) ballad you'll ever get out of these guys. Killer tune... shame about the rest of their ballads, though.

Still hope to listen to a half decent ballad from these highly talented guys. Funny, yet so formulaic cover, postulating all that's bad with formalism in art B)

'Lady' is the only decent (or should I say excellent?) ballad you'll ever get out of these guys. Killer tune... shame about the rest of their ballads, though.

Lady is their best ballad in my eyes. Love that song but I also must say, I'm done with ballads. Lets rock!

• My Little Pony

Lady is their best ballad in my eyes. Love that song but I also must say, I'm done with ballads. Lets rock!

Yeah, for the most part I agree with you. When I started listening to this music, I loved the ballads. But now, if I wanna hear that stuff, I'll just throw on something already light. AOR, or Westcoast, or similar. Yep, I just wanna Rock! I'll never dismiss a ballad on account of it being a ballad, though.

The direction they're taking is dark and heavy according to Blabbermouth which means they'll probably opt for the heavy metal route instead of hard rock

You're saying that as if it's a bad thing. :guitar: I always suspected that there was a halfway decent metal band hiding under that cheesy/glossy exterior of theirs.

Not sure that dark and heavy metal really fits Michael Sweet's voice which is shrilling like the early era of Rob Halford when he scream, I guess they should choose to play melodic heavy metal. I don't mind heaviness but dark usually means lots of downtuned and if poisoned with some modern crap, it's gonna be a disaster, but let's hope not, although I will predict this album will clearly rated below 80% according to several second samples