Disciple - Attack

heavyharmonies

Do you mean Travis Wyrick?! He's a great producer...and was also in cool glam band Sage.....

Nah, I know him and yes, he is good at his craft too. But Aaron Sprinkle would probably have produced 10 times more albums than this guy.

For some reason I didn't catch that you were asking if Disciple used that guy.........but, yes...they have used Wyrick quite a bit. Not sure which bands Sprinkle did, but I'll go take a look see...

• 7 months later...

Well October the 14th came and went and none of you christian freaks reminded me about this album, and it looks like the rest of the world ignored it too. Well, at least the HH world. Completely by chance - accident you could call it - I came across it and heard it today. Sounds like another good album. Maybe a but underwhelming, if I'm being totally honest, but good as always.

Jesus' schlong didn't seem to be lodged completely down their throats on this one, which was also cool, but I did notice a lot of God crap in the ballads, which did appear to be the better songs.

I do have to listen to this a few more times asap, but sounds like another good, solid and highly listenable album from these guys. With their set in stone style and sounds they can hardly fail... just wish there was another classic album in them.

can't see them ever topping the Horseshoes and hand grenades album from 2010 i think

But i'll check the new one out

You prefer that to 'Scars Remain?' That's still my favourite from them. By a super narrow margin, 'O God Save Us All' is my second fave. In fact, here's my list;

1. Scars Remain - 2007 - 81%
2. O God Save Us All - 2012 - 80%
3. Horseshoes & Handgrenades - 2010 - 79%
4. Southern Hospitality - 2008 - 79%
5. Vultures EP - 2015 - 77%
6. Disciple - 2005 - 75%
7. Attack - 2014 - 75%
8. Back Again - 2003 - 59%
9. By God - 2001 - 54%
10. This Might Sting a Little - 1999 - 23%
11. What Was I Thinking? - 1996 - 20%
12. My Daddy Can Whip Your Daddy - 1997 - 8%

can't see them ever topping the Horseshoes and hand grenades album from 2010 i think

You prefer that to 'Scars Remain?' That's still my favourite from them. By a super narrow margin, 'O God Save Us All' is my second fave. In fact, here's my list;

6. Disciple - 2005 - 75%
7. Attack - 2014 - 75%
9. By God - 2001 - 54%

Its a close one but Scars remain would come second for me, my favorite couple of songs from these guys are on the Horseshoes album , Dear x and Invisible , and i think that just tips it for me but they are both really good albums

Looking at your list , there are a few that i haven't actually checked out although judging from your scores i should probably stay well away from some of them , i assume they are really early albums ?

6. Disciple - 2005 - 75%
7. Attack - 2014 - 75%
9. By God - 2001 - 54%

Its a close one but Scars remain would come second for me, my favorite couple of songs from these guys are on the Horseshoes album , Dear x and Invisible , and i think that just tips it for me but they are both really good albums

Looking at your list , there are a few that i haven't actually checked out although judging from your scores i should probably stay well away from some of them , i assume they are really early albums ?

Their self titled album in 2005 was the birth of the Disciple that we know and enjoy. Before that, they were a very different, and really bad band. If you think they are preachy since 2005, they were unbearable before that. But much more than that, it was just different music... lacking the great sound they created on the s/t album completely.

I would honestly suggest you just don't even bother with anything before 2005.