Anderson Ponty Band

MasterOfPuppets

• 2 weeks later...

Some of it is really good, in fact when I started listening I was well impressed as it seemed really vital next to some of the stuff he has released (I must have practically every one of his solo albums and some of the CDs released for the abandoned box set can be a little hit and miss), there's some new songs that are great and some new twists to older songs, some work some don't. Jon Anderson's voice in parts sounds a little fragile (geddit?) but not off putting. At the moment I'd say a solid 3 and a half stars out of five. When it's good it's really, really good but parts of it let the side down a bit mainly som eof the Yes versions...but maybe I'm being a bit close minded towards them. Having said that I need to give it a really good listen, not had a chance to watch the DVD yet.

Yeah it is good, listened to it a few times more now and I'll bump it up to 4/5 .... My problem is that I'm so used to hearing some songs performed a certain way that it sometimes jars me hearing them differently and I end up comparing them to the originals. I should get over myself for doing this ... but it's bloody hard :D

• My Little Pony

My problem is that I'm so used to hearing some songs performed a certain way that it sometimes jars me hearing them differently and I end up comparing them to the originals. I should get over myself for doing this ... but it's bloody hard :D

I know what you mean. Especially at live performances, when they don't play the song, or sing the words, or hit the notes exactly as recorded on the album, it bugs me. It doesn't help that I didn't grow up with this music, and so many of these bands I've heard their albums hundreds of times before I finally got the chance to see them live... 20+ years after said albums were recorded.

• 5 years later...