A request when submitting cover art

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the work you've been doing submitting cover art, but I do have a request. When grabbing pictures or scanning pictures, please make sure there's enough resolution to actually work with. The album covers on the site are 200x200 pixels, so anything where the actual cover is that size or bigger is great. Some of the ones that have been submitted, I can't really use since, when I crop the picture to the actual size, they end up being so small that by the time I upsample them to 200x200, the JPEG artifacting is so bad that the picture is blurry.

For example, this one is fine:

resolutionbig.jpg

But this one is too small to work with:

resolutionsmall.jpg

I'd like to post as high-quality pics as I can.

Thanks!

-Dan

• 14 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Can you just upload the pictures now or do you still need a URL? If a URL is needed I need to go back and get one for the last 3 cds I submitted. 

8 minutes ago, Dramarama said:

Can you just upload the pictures now or do you still need a URL? If a URL is needed I need to go back and get one for the last 3 cds I submitted. 

Just post the cover art pictures here in the forum, each one in a separate thread, and we'll add them to the CD listing.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Awesome, that's what I've always done before. I just wanted to make sure I didn't screw up.