Michael Monroe - Blackout States

Stefan

12072552_10153602311090270_6186419971018

From blabbermouth.net:

Former HANOI ROCKS frontman Michael Monroe will release his new studio album, "Blackout States", on Friday, October 9 via Spinefarm Records. The 13-track follow-up to 2013's "Horns And Halos" was produced by Chips Kiesbye (HELLACOPTERS, NOMADS) in Gothenburg, Sweden, and mixed by Petri Majuri in Helsinki, Finland.

With "Blackout States", Monroe's current touring and recording outfit — comprised of bassist Sami Yaffa (ex-HANOI ROCKS, NEW YORK DOLLS), guitarist Steve Conte (ex-NEW YORK DOLLS, COMPANY OF WOLVES), guitarist Rich Jones (ex-BLACK HALOS, AMEN), and drummer Karl Rockfist (ex-CHELSEA SMILES, DANZIG) — provided strong creative support for a groundbreaking artist whose reputation continues to flourish. Many of rock's most noted performers, including Dave Grohl and Slash, have cited Monroe's unwavering drive and three-decade-plus career as a genuine source of inspiration.

As with "Horns And Halos", the new recordings see Monroe both toasting the future and honoring the past, occasionally giving the nod to glam punk pioneers HANOI ROCKS, the group with which he forged his name in the early-to mid-'80s.

Says Monroe: "I'm extremely excited about our new album, 'Blackout States'. It has all the ingredients of a perfect rock 'n' roll record: strong melodic songs with great meaningful lyrics that defy all clichés, delivered with a punky, ballsy attitude by a killer band. I highly recommend 'Blackout States' to anyone who's even a little bit interested in what real, authentic, high-energy rock 'n' roll at its best sounds like today."

Monroe will hit the road this fall for a co-headlining tour with Sweden’s sleazemongers HARDCORE SUPERSTAR and some very special U.K. shows with ALICE COOPER.

www.michaelmonroe.com

FB

11934988_1085354941502254_49889540206825

Tracklist:

01. This Ain‘t No Love Song
02. Old King‘s Road
03. Goin’ Down With The Ship
04. Keep Your Eye On You
05. The Bastard’s Bash
06. Good Old Bad Days
07. R.L.F.
08. Blackout States
09. Under The Northern Lights
10. Permanent Youth
11. Dead Hearts On Denmark Street
12. Six Feet In The Ground
13. Walk Away
14. Break The Noose (vinyl LP bonus track)

Still going, is he? Good luck to him. The only album I ever paid attention to was the one with 'Man With No Eyes' and in the end I only liked that song, sold the album and ripped that one tune and that was the last I heard of him. I guess the new song would be okay to some, but I just can't get into this stuff at all.

Still going, is he? Good luck to him. The only album I ever paid attention to was the one with 'Man With No Eyes' and in the end I only liked that song, sold the album and ripped that one tune and that was the last I heard of him. I guess the new song would be okay to some, but I just can't get into this stuff at all.

yeah and what exactly was 'the man with no eyes'??

got the meaning of the song but that chorus lyric always confused me..............

yeah and what exactly was 'the man with no eyes'??

got the meaning of the song but that chorus lyric always confused me..............

I have no idea in the world. Just sounded nice when I was young. ;)

• 1 month later...

Good song and the band looks as if they are having the time of their lives in that video which makes it even better to me. Sure it's no Dead Jail or Rock N Roll but it's solid and I enjoyed thoroughly the last effort and the band on that tour was tight as tight and a treat to see.

Okay song. Nothing to write home about.

Weren't you the guy that said, "killer"? Yeah, that was you.

I was speaking of his last disc. Should have listened to it first eh?

That song doesn't do much for me.

• 2 months later...
  • My Little Pony

That second song is real nice. Is a bit mellowed than the last few but has a great feel good vibe.

I'm with Terry, again. It's got a great sing-along chorus. Hell, I wanna grab a few mates, hit the pub, smash some beers, and sing this all night.