Firefest 2014

Swazi

Fantastic lineup there at least from my perspective. Danger Danger is one of my all time favorites so the inclusion of them with all five original members is crazy good!

Wish Plunkett wasn't out of the picture for the Autograph set but I suspect they will still bring it with Daniels.

Firehouse: always fantastic and they are playing the debut from start to finish: killer!!!!

Love Coney Hatch, B.A.D.and BnB, too.

Really hoping Andrew can steal a few of these bands for MRF4. Chicago is infinitely more accessible for me.

So it is the Canadian Blvd and not the Euro band playing FF?

Canadian BLVD :-))

Not sure about Black n Blue - not familiar with their material, and looking on You Tube is seems pretty basic straight ahead rock with dodgy vocals

H.E.A.T, Boulevard, Pretty Maids, Coney Hatch, Brother Firetribe, From The Fire, .Of The rest, Shy, Danger Danger and Firehouse maybe but seen before, but the rest... No thanks. Will seriously have to think about going as 2 bands a day I really want to see is pushing it.

The unsigned band vote should have been Moritz by a mile, although they should have been automatically on the bill imo.

H.E.A.T, Boulevard, Pretty Maids, Coney Hatch, Brother Firetribe, From The Fire, .Of The rest, Shy, Danger Danger and Firehouse maybe but seen before, but the rest... No thanks. Will seriously have to think about going as 2 bands a day I really want to see is pushing it.

The unsigned band vote should have been Moritz by a mile, although they should have been automatically on the bill imo.

Not interested in Babylon AD? Man one of my fav bands.

We are going on the Saturday - looks great except black n blue.

• My Little Pony

Not interested in Babylon AD? Man one of my fav bands.

We are going on the Saturday - looks great except black n blue.

Mate, check out songs like "Without Love," "Rockin' On Heaven's Door," "Nature of the Beach," "Miss Mystery," "Hold On to 18," "The Strong Will Rock," "Sight for Sore Eyes," "The Snake"...

Why should Moritz be automatically on the bill?

Apparently the FF guys turned down around 10 other class melodic rock acts - most of which are probably far better than Moritz.

There were over 5000 votes cast, far and square, and Moritz didnt make it into the final 3.

To be honest I didnt vote, but Angels or Kings and Fahran sound better than Moritz to these ears.

Jimi Anderson band sounded pretty damned good as well.

So I would guess that those 3 bands are in the running on merit.

Cheers

Why should Moritz be automatically on the bill?

Because they are one of the best UK MR/Aor bands around at the moment, and I think something like Firefest should be supporting more of the good UK bands that are around (and I don't mean just FM either).rather than some bands that are reforming/have in the past reformed, just to play a one off gig and get a few extra bums on seats. Moritz are a quality live band and are imo.much more deserving,. I understand they want to go out with a bang with this one, but compared to some of the acts on the bill, Moritz (and AOK and maybe the other 2 aswell) would have fitted in very nicely alongside some of the bigger names.

Sorry mate but id rather see the bands on the bill.

Id take blvd, babylon, pretty maids etc a million times over Moritz.

I can only make one day so it was a tough choice between sat & sun which is also great (apart from Axxis!).

• 10 months later...

So, who else decided to attend Firefest this year? Or is it just going to be Glen, Andre and myself?? I will be there all 3 days, making the most out of it.

• My Little Pony

So, who else decided to attend Firefest this year? Or is it just going to be Glen, Andre and myself?? I will be there all 3 days, making the most out of it.

Well... every year I want to go. But every year I can't afford it.

Look forward to seeing you & andre on the saturday!

Cheers