Guardian - Almost Home

Stefan

A seriously boring album. I cannot believe the tepidness found on this album. It was if their 'rockin' balls were castrated. I bought it.......and then was genuinely disappointed I did. At least Jamie rocks out a bit with AdrianGale, otherwise, a waste of time on this one.

Wow. Guys, this is good. I'd say it's similar to Miracle Mile. The album never gets too heavy, it's certainly on the lighter side, but not soft. It's simply very well assembled. I'm a backer, yet for the past two years I wasn't expecting much from this. But I'm elated to say I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm throwing this on the thighPod, and I'll play it all week to get a better feel.

You and I agree on a lot of things, and our tastes seem to be quite similar. But....when I read that you said that this was similar to "Miracle Mile"....Guardian's BEST and most rawkin' affair, I had to sit back and read that again. No way.....no shape.....no form is it like Miracle Mile.....lol

• My Little Pony

Wow. Guys, this is good. I'd say it's similar to Miracle Mile. The album never gets too heavy, it's certainly on the lighter side, but not soft. It's simply very well assembled. I'm a backer, yet for the past two years I wasn't expecting much from this. But I'm elated to say I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm throwing this on the thighPod, and I'll play it all week to get a better feel.

You and I agree on a lot of things, and our tastes seem to be quite similar. But....when I read that you said that this was similar to "Miracle Mile"....Guardian's BEST and most rawkin' affair, I had to sit back and read that again. No way.....no shape.....no form is it like Miracle Mile.....lol

Yeah. I meant it's similar to Miracle Mile in that it's well varied. As I stated, it definitely does not rock as hard.

I think I like it so much because I had virtually no expectations. I had waited over two years, and had given up hope, so when it finally dropped I couldn't believe it didn't suck. In my opinion, of course.

I'm sorry if I misled you.

Just admit you only like it because they like Jesus as much as you. Without that deeply spiritual and beautiful link you'd not have given this the time of day. ;)

• My Little Pony

Just admit you only like it because they like Jesus as much as you. Without that deeply spiritual and beautiful link you'd not have given this the time of day. ;)

Um, no. Actually, I give Christian artists a harder time. The only Jesus-loving group I share a "beautiful link" with is Petra, because they were the very first Hard Rock band I ever heard (on cassette and in concert).

Massively overrated band imo. Spent so much money importing their stuff when good music was hard to find. Not sure what the lesson here is but to those that enjoy them.... Rock on!

Count me as another on the disappointed side. But then these guys have been disappointing me for awhile. They never got back their early magic IMO.

I hate to agree with Geoff (just kidding mate!), but I gave this an unspectacular 63%.

• 2 weeks later...