L.R.S. - Down To The Core

Stefan

lrs-2014a.jpg

Press release:

Frontiers Records is pleased to announce the release of L.R.S. debut album "Down to the Core" on March 21st in Europe and March 25th in North America.

L.R.S. stands for the new Melodic Rock musical alliance between singer Tommy La Verdi (21 Guns), guitarist Josh Ramos (The Storm, Hardline) and drummer Michael Shotton (Von Groove, Airtime). Started initially as a way to bring back to the public the amazing vocal talent of Tommy LaVerdi, a singer which came to the attention of the fans on the fabulous 21 GUNS debut album "Salute" in 1992, the whole project morphed into a power band trio when two other well known musicians: guitar player Josh Ramos and drummer Michael Shotton were brought into the picture by the album producer Alessandro Del Vecchio (HARDLINE).

The writing sessions were fast and steady, with Del Vecchio managing all contributions from the band members -- who lived in different places - and offering a number of his own writings and co-writings to the band, which was anyway able to develop a distinctive Melodic Rock sound in the tradition of JOURNEY / THE STORM, with hints of Canadian AOR - think mid 80's TRIUMPH. Recording sessions happened for the most part in Somma Lombardo, Italy during the spring of 2013, with the musicians getting along extremely well and creating a spontaneous camaraderie which contributed a lot to the success of the sessions.

"I respected a lot both Josh and Michael before starting the album and it was actually very sad to leave each other after we finished recording and filming the videos" said Tommy La Verdi, while Michael Shotton added "It was like we had been playing in a band for years!". "I had the opportunity to try different styles and moods and incorporate elements of my past musical experiences in The Storm and Hardline -- I was very glad to be involved in this", concludes Josh Ramos.

The resulting album" Down to the Core" is now finally ready to be unleashed to the public. With soaring vocals from LaVerdi, a superb vocalist who comes back into the well deserved spotlight and some exquisite guitar playing from Ramos, this is an album not to be missed and an AOR highlight for early 2014!

L.R.S.
Tommy La Verdi - lead vocals
Josh Ramos - guitars
Michael Shotton -- drums, backing vocals

With:
Alessandro Del Vecchio keyboards, hammond organ, backing vocals
Nicola Mazzucconi bass, fretless bass
Anna Portalupi bass, fretless bass
Jamie Browne bass

LRS._down_to_the_core.jpg

Tracklist:

Our Love To Stay
Livin' 4 A Dream
I Can Take You There
Never Surrender
Almost Over You
Shadow Of A Man
Universal Cry
To Be Your Man
Down To The Core
I Will Find My Way
Waiting For Love
Not One Way To Give

Sounds good, albeit a tad safe.

Agree

Sounds good, albeit a tad safe.

I thought 'safe' was my word when describing certain projects. Like many Harem Scarem projects which I deem safe yet very good, this one sounds like it will fall in the same category. I'll be getting it.

Well, given what's coming down the pike for 2014 as well...

Ill wait til ive heard them all.

H.E.A.T., Brother Firetribe, Steel Panther and Work Of Art....need I say more? 2014 should be better than 2013....I really hope it is because 2013 really wasn't all that bad.

The more I listen to these sample, I think this is going to be really good!

H.E.A.T., Brother Firetribe, Steel Panther and Work Of Art....need I say more? 2014 should be better than 2013....I really hope it is because 2013 really wasn't all that bad.

Don't forget KIX, Gotthard, Dynazty, Nocturnal Rites, Pretty Maids, and Tesla!!

Don't forget KIX, Gotthard, Dynazty, Nocturnal Rites, Pretty Maids, and Tesla!!

New Nocturnal Rites? I did not know that....I like all their stuff and their last release was excellent and their best IMO...

• My Little Pony

It seems a bit odd. From what I gathered, this band was assembled by the producer (Alessandro del Vecchio) and Frontiers, but the band is only three members. Why assemble an incomplete band, so-to-speak? Am I the only one that finds that odd? Also, I've noticed those Hardline guys like to play together (Josh Ramos, Alessandro del Vecchio, Anna Portalupi). Haven't there been a few records they've been on recently?

Anyway, the samples sound great. I'm looking forward to this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very random mix of guys, but that's an awesome combo. I always really loved La Verdi's voice too, Ramos is constantly solid and Shotten is a marvel too. Always loved his voice too, which is a bit of a predicament. I'd prefer La Verdi, but they got some options.

Anyway, songs sound excellent. This will be one I'll really look forward to.

I was listening to the samples of this last night on melodic rock.com......sounds more Journey than Journey do these days in places.

Pretty lite but pleasant all the same.......could be a goodun.