C.O.P - State Of Rock

Stefan

10888593_692533620862750_327613642796449

10410873_685622248220554_577418485006445

New material coming soon from the Grand Illusion guys. The question springs to mind: Are they done with Grand Illusion?

More details to come...

Members:

Christian Sundell - Keyboard/Drums

Ola Af Trampe - Guitar / Bass

Peter Sundell - Lead Vocal / Backing Vocal

www.facebook.com/C.O.P.aor

Edited by Stefan

• 1 month later...

Here is another promising release that I anxiously want to hear more from. Excellent melody with flowing rythym. Once again, thank you Stefan for digging up these great previews!! I for one truly appreciate your efforts.

• 5 months later...

Deal done with AOR Heaven & Marquee/Avalon.

Tracks (Japanese release):

1. LONER
2. I WANT THE WORLD TO KNOW
3. NIGHTMARE
4. WITHOUT YOU
5. ON THE RUN
6. IN MY DREAMS
7. SHE'S GONE
8. IN THE NIGHT
9. BROKEN HEART
10. DARKNESS
11. STAND UP (Bonus)

• 3 weeks later...

Pressrelease from AOR Heaven:

Most great rock music can be boiled down into a three letter word, be it G ’N R, R’n’R, AOR or – as in this case – C.O.P. From Sweden, arguably the best breeding ground of modern melodic rock, come this three piece of heralded and experienced AOR-sters, including one of the genre’s top singers, a guitar hero and producer extraordinaire – and a song writing drummer.

Frontman Peter Sundell has graced a number of highly revered albums over the years. His work with Grand Illusion, Decoy and recently, Starlight Brigade, has made AOR fans all over the world drewl, in awe over his high pitched and powerful voice. As the singer of C.O.P he has finally taken the step forward as one of the true masters of melodic rock singing.

Peter’s younger brother Christian was also part of the Grand Illusion family and although he’s capable on most instruments, he has never revealed what an excellent songwriter he is. Until now, that is. It’s his songs and vision that marks the foundation of C.O.P, and it is his knack for writing instant, catchy, earworm worthy hooks that will surely make these boys a revelation to AOR fans all over the world.

The third and last part of the C.O.P equation consists of Peter and Christian’s long lost little brother Ola af Trampe, an extremely talented guitarist, producer and songwriter, also of Grand Illusion, Code and The Killbilly 5’ers fame. Without Ola, there would quite frankly be no C.O.P (and C.P would be a silly name for a band, wouldn’t it).

C.O.P are the new blue bloods of melodic rock, with their arresting songs, smash and grab choruses and captivating musicianship and they are here to show you what the State of Rock is like in 2015. “State Of Rock” is the name of their first album. The CD was mixed and record by Ola af Trampe at ChrisStudio, Nässjö, Sweden and Studio 165, Växjö, Sweden and mastered by Frank Rosato, Woodcliff Studios, Los Angeles, U.S.A.

Enough with the law enforcement metaphors, already – just listen to the music – it’s guaranteed to blow your mind and, quite possibly make you want to rock the fuck out.

Line-up: Peter Sundell – Lead and Backing vocals, Ola af Trampe – Guitar, Bass, Christian Sundell – Keyboard, Drums

cop-cover-web%2B%25281%2529.jpg

Tracklist: 1. Loner, 2. I want the world to know, 3. Nightmare, 4. Without you, 5. On the run, 6. In my dreams, 7. She’s gone, 8. In the night, 9. Broken Heart, 10. Darkness

Listen to samples:

'Loner'

'Nightmare'

'On The Run'

• 2 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

New material coming soon from the Grand Illusion guys. The question springs to mind: Are they done with Grand Illusion?

After listening to those samples, I wouldn't necessarily be mad if they were done with Grand Illusion. This sounds amazing!

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome sounding samples there....................can't wait. Any info on release date?

From FB:

State of rock release in Europe 25/9 in Japan 19/8

Thanks Stefan.......I gotta get my order in for the Japanese pressing...........

• My Little Pony

Awesome sounding samples there....................can't wait. Any info on release date?

From FB:

State of rock release in Europe 25/9 in Japan 19/8

Thanks Stefan.......I gotta get my order in for the Japanese pressing...........

Which site do you lads grab you Japanese albums? CDJapan, or whatever it's called?

• 2 weeks later...

Received my Japanese pressing this week and it is very interesting. Some tracks are really grabbing my ear. I did note a big difference in the mix of the track "Loner" on the final pressing compared to the demo. I believe I like the demo version better. The vocals are more pronounced and vivid.

Yes, I get my Japanese pressings from CD Japan. I just ordered this CD and the total was $ 26.27 with air mail postage. Not bad

I 'd love to get it myself, but the other ones I'm interested in (Degreed, Art Nation, Room Experience and Station) won't get that treatment apparently.

Goody stuff but not awesome, perhaps 80% is the max score one can give but I bet a reasonable score should be around 75% or just a bit more than that, and I'm afraid everything related to Grand Illusion is around that mark

Goody stuff but not awesome, perhaps 80% is the max score one can give but I bet a reasonable score should be around 75% or just a bit more than that, and I'm afraid everything related to Grand Illusion is around that mark

Buddy, I can easily see it in my top 10 of the year (actually it's there, from the 101 new releases I've already assessed) but then I didn't have rated any above the 86-87 % mark.

Imo, it has 5 songs above the 90%.

Also, I'll probably grab the Japanese version (traditionally at the end of the year + latest Royal Hunt +Stratovarius + Symphony X ones). I'm still pissed though that no Japanese pressings are coming out from Degreed, Art Nation and Room Experience. Judging by September/October Japanese releases, only Purple/Sabbath/Rainbow matters for the "classic rock" freaks of evolution...

as of now, I gave it a nice 79.1% and sitting nicely at #24 but like I said, for me this one is struggling to get past the 80% mark and that's what happened with the whole Grand Illusion catalogue :D

Wow, I'm really curious of the other 23 releases, because I only rated higher than C.O.P.(minus the pigs and the killers :lol: ) the releases from Art Nation, Degreed, C/ONight, Bonfire.

Edit: And probably is on par with Romeo's Daughter(need to spin this a lot more, though) + Santa Cruz

Not sure what to make of this one. All sounded good to me on first spin - everything was as it was supposed to be, but I could tell instantly where this one's going to lose me. Where's the heart and soul?? Each song is a well constructed and very well played and produced slab of catchy melodic rock... but why? Didn't catch and ounce of passion in what I heard.

Anyway, just one spin so far, but it sounded a bit mechanical and cold for me. Otherwise, very nice in theory.