Stryper - No More Hell To Pay

Stefan

• My Little Pony

My bloody local Christian store hasn't received their shipment, yet. So I don't have my copy. This is probably the first Stryper album I've been excited for. Granted, I'm only 26, so I never knew them prior to their reunion.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely a very strong album and will easily finish in my Top 10 this year. I thought the ballad sucked, the chorus to "Saved By Love" was too repetitious, and "Marching Into Battle" just lacked ... something. But other than that, yeah, a totally kickass CD. My favorites are "Water Into Wine" (love that hook!) and "Sticks & *Stones." The "Holy Bumblebees" still got some sting in 'em!!

Water into Wine & Sticks & Stones are both excellent. Agree that Marching lacks something but it still kicks arse - it lacks a hook to be honest

Mine has been pre-ordered and still waiting for it :( $11.99 though with free shipping for the CD/DVD Deluxe edition is a great price though.

I have to say, I love all of their releases and Michael's solo stuff is just as awesome.

My bloody local Christian store hasn't received their shipment, yet. So I don't have my copy. This is probably the first Stryper album I've been excited for. Granted, I'm only 26, so I never knew them prior to their reunion.

You may have mentioned that once or twice before....

:whistle:

• My Little Pony

You may have mentioned that once or twice before....

:whistle:

Hmm...

No...

I think last time I mentioned my age I was 25.

;}

STRYPER never cease to amaze me and their musicianship is as tight as they were in the 80s and Michael's voice seems to be consistently great in the upper range. This new album is incredible but a pity there are still a few weaker tracks that prevent this from scoring into 90% region. The first track, 'Revelation', honestly didn't impress me much but still a good track, while 'No More Hell To Pay' is a big winner. This one is the second best track after 'Te Amo' which is the 10/10 for me, a very classic style that's close to 'IGWT'. 'Sticks and Stones' started with a great verse and even better chorus, this is the third best track here!

The cover, 'Jesus Is Just Alright', is actually pretty good but getting boring in the middle and 'Marching Into Battle' was intense but lacking of memorable hooks. 'Renewed' is a spectacular heavy metal closer and the rest are spread between 8 to 8.75. 'Saved By Love' is an amazing showcase of Michael's sensational vocal, that guy nailed it big!

Production is maybe around 8/10, and musicianship is no doubt should be around 9 or 10. Replay value is around 8.5 and all in all based on around two-three spins, this is around 85% and maybe climb more with further spins.

• My Little Pony

The album is going for $7.77 from the band's website for the next 77 hours. Not sure what shipping is.

$7.77?

Why not?

Haven't picked this up yet but the bits n pieces I've heard from it (mainly due to this thread) have pushed it to the top of my shopping list....

CD/DVD Deluxe edition

Didn't even know there was a "deluxe" version. Any idea what's on the DVD?

Mind you, I probably shouldn't even bother looking for that one anyway, cuz I bought the "deluxe" version of the new Motorhead with bonus DVD almost a month ago, and I still haven't watched the DVD... :rofl:

Haven't picked this up yet but the bits n pieces I've heard from it (mainly due to this thread) have pushed it to the top of my shopping list....

CD/DVD Deluxe edition

Mind you, I probably shouldn't even bother looking for that one anyway, cuz I bought the "deluxe" version of the new Motorhead with bonus DVD almost a month ago, and I still haven't watched the DVD... :rofl:

TRACK LISTING - DVD: 1. "Making of the Album" documentary 2. No More Hell to Pay (videoclip) 3. Sympathy (videoclip).

CD/DVD Deluxe edition

TRACK LISTING - DVD: 1. "Making of the Album" documentary 2. No More Hell to Pay (videoclip) 3. Sympathy (videoclip).

In other words...nothing I can't live without. Thanx for the tip, I'll just get the standard CD version.

yeah i don't think it worth some bucks just to buy documentary DVDs like that.

$7.7 is a steal, everyone should buy this asap but anyone experienced error while clicking on the purchase link ? it said Forbidden or something like that, or was it intended for US only ?

Most anticipated album of the year for me (still anticipating... wowhd is slow as @#$&). The songs sound awesome (let youtube spoil some of them for me...). The inclusion of too many ballads and sugary pop songs always brought down the Stryper experience for me, but this sounds like a winner top to bottom!

No More Hell to Pay" is Stryper's eighth original studio album. Produced by frontman/guitarist Michael Sweet himself, the set features some of Stryper's strongest and heaviest material ever. Sweet commented: "The new Stryper album, No More Hell To Pay, is the record we needed to make as a follow up to 'To Hell With The Devil'. Every song has a hooky guitar riff. Everything is in minor keys, so it's a little darker sounding and a little tougher. It's definitely our heaviest record and I think people will be pleasantly surprised. To reference, there is less songs like 'Calling On You' and more songs like 'To Hell With The Devil'".

• My Little Pony

This Is A Great CD!

It does sound really good. I'm going to have to get it, aren't I? :doh:

It's okay. We're here for you. We'll help you through this. Gimme your credit card number and I'll get the process started for you.

This Is A Great CD!

It does sound really good. I'm going to have to get it, aren't I? :doh:

It's okay. We're here for you. We'll help you through this. Gimme your credit card number and I'll get the process started for you.

Nah, my wife won't be impressed when she sees all the weird shit you've been looking at online cropping up on the bill...

Finally got mine. Not a single filler! Dare I say, it's more metal than hard rock. Their best album since THWTD.

Agreed. This is a METAL disc. Those riffs by Oz Fox are spectacular. Like Michael Sweet said, this is the album that should've followed THWTD instead of the whimpy IGWT.

Finally got mine. Not a single filler! Dare I say, it's more metal than hard rock. Their best album since THWTD.

Agreed. This is a METAL disc. Those riffs by Oz Fox are spectacular. Like Michael Sweet said, this is the album that should've followed THWTD instead of the whimpy IGWT.

You and I rarely agree (and that's ok) so I'm going to have to say I love IGWT. Also, most people don't realize this but most of the killer guitar playing comes from Michael. He and Oz sound great together though. I'm freaking thrilled with this album.

We do agree though, it's metal!!! \m/

• My Little Pony

You and I rarely agree (and that's ok) so I'm going to have to say I love IGWT. Also, most people don't realize this but most of the killer guitar playing comes from Michael. He and Oz sound great together though. I'm freaking thrilled with this album.

We do agree though, it's metal!!! \m/

I thought they were always a Melodic Metal band until "Against the Law." With this one they've simply returned to the genre.

• 1 month later...

I really like this album.

My only critism is the diction. Quite often I find it tricky to make out what hes singing on the verses. Anyone else find this or am I just deaf??

Thank god for the lyric sheet.

• My Little Pony

I really like this album.

My only critism is the diction. Quite often I find it tricky to make out what hes singing on the verses. Anyone else find this or am I just deaf??

Thank god for the lyric sheet.

I don't know if I'd say you're deaf. Maybe old, but deaf?... that's just too far.