MRFAU

melodicrock

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTMFF?? Really?

Where will this be held and when? And what calibre of bands are we talking about? Please advise further...

Ha, I knew it'd be Melbourne. :(

I was actually thinking about it today (assuming it'd be in Victoria) and wondered if I might take the family on a road trip for a few nights, or if it'd be too weird to do that and leave them all for one (or two?) days to go to a concert. I dunno. Will have to see the line-up and make some decisions on this one.

I was actually thinking about it today (assuming it'd be in Victoria) and wondered if I might take the family on a road trip for a few nights, or if it'd be too weird to do that and leave them all for one (or two?) days to go to a concert. I dunno. Will have to see the line-up and make some decisions on this one.

How far is Melbourne from Sydney (is that where u are)?

For Firefest we travel about 200 miles. Stay overnight obviously.

How far is Melbourne from Sydney (is that where u are)?

For Firefest we travel about 200 miles. Stay overnight obviously.

Haha, bit longer than that. It's somewhere around 8-10 hours, probably around 1000km, I'd guess. Definitely not an overnight trip, lol, but maybe if we go down for a week or so. Problem is, I HATE Melbourne. Love a lot of Victoria as a state, but hate that city like nobody's business.

So hopefully the show (festival?) would be out of town a bit and we could stay somewhere cool, on the coast or something.

EDIT - just did a Google Map and it's 9 hours and 50 minutes; 952km.

A few discussions going on. It will be a small start to see what kindof interest there is here in Oz for a fest. Would love to do one annually....will see.

HEAT and Harem Scarem both want to come here one day as do many others, but there's no way you can do a multi-international band event here for this scene. More like 1 or 2 max (as it's $1500-2200 per person to get anyone from overseas here) and the rest be the best/new local bands.

Stay tuned...

And yes, Melbourne city....gotta be central and easy.

Jesus.........that's a flight for me ;-)

:lol: Yeah, it's a big ask and it'd have to be a killer line-up for me to consider it... but I am definitely interested to see what's on offer. 320km (200 miles) is no thang to me at all as both my brothers live about that far away up the North coast, and I like to visit them as often as I can.

Not quite as frequent at the moment due to small children, but a 4hr trip to spend the weekend with the bros is always a no-brainer. :) As it would also be a no-brainer to see this show... but yeah, double that (and a half) is a bit larger task. ;)

Jesus.........that's a flight for me ;-)

:lol: Yeah, it's a big ask and it'd have to be a killer line-up for me to consider it... but I am definitely interested to see what's on offer. 320km (200 miles) is no thang to me at all as both my brothers live about that far away up the North coast, and I like to visit them as often as I can.

Not quite as frequent at the moment due to small children, but a 4hr trip to spend the weekend with the bros is always a no-brainer. :) As it would also be a no-brainer to see this show... but yeah, double that (and a half) is a bit larger task. ;)

yeah for sure. If FF (or Rockingham as it is now) was 1,000 km away I would have maybe been once or twice in the last 10 years - that's how often the line up would have warranted that type of effort.

• My Little Pony

My headliner just pulled out due to conflicting schedule. Bugger.

But maybe the replacement will be bigger? Mmmmmm....

Damn. That sucks.

HEAT were going into rest/write mode, so couldn't...harem Scarem want to, but same as Heat (new album next year) and then Eclipse had to say no, due to a tour being scheduled in Europe.

Then someone else dropped into my lap, so looking at that. Bigger name and more planning needed though.

Maybe a "Coup"?