L.A. Guns vs. W.A.S.P.

Your picks!!  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just a kickass couple of bands here going head to head. What are your picks!!

I choose:

L.A. Guns "L.A. Guns"

W.A.S.P. "The Last Command"

L.A. Guns "Hollywood Vampires"

W.A.S.P. "Headless Children"

L.A. Guns "Man In The Moon"

W.A.S.P. "Double Live Assassins"

L.A. Guns "Tales From The Strip"

L.A. Guns "Waking The Dead"

W.A.S.P. on all counts. I'm a fanboy. :D

I think W.A.S.P. definitely has the edge in overall discography. Love both bands though. :beerbang:

Im a huge fan of both bands but those first two or three LA Guns discs are almost flawless and Waking Dead is up there two but WASP might have 2 or 3 more great albums but have also put out more albums.

Nothing against WASP who I do like a lot, but it was a clean sweep for LA Guns for me. All good CDs, but consistently better songs from LA Guns inmho.

I don't know all the CDs and there isn't an option to vote in some categories and not others, so one or two of my votes are guesses. Some good LA Guns CDs, especially 'Hollywood Vampires', which is awesome. Had to vote for the W.A.S.P. debut and 'Headless Children' though, both great albums.

This is way to hard, I love both bands!

I think W.A.S.P. definitely has the edge in overall discography. Love both bands though. :beerbang:

Im a huge fan of both bands but those first two or three LA Guns discs are almost flawless and Waking Dead is up there two but WASP might have 2 or 3 more great albums but have also put out more albums.

I agree, but the production on L.A. Guns s/t could have been better.

LA Guns over WASP but just barely.

Cocked and Loaded over Last Command and again just barely.

Hollywood Vampires over Electric Circus. "Over the Edge" just is the best song of the two discs and with "Dirty Love" and others the LAG is a better album.

Headless Children over Vicious Circle. VC is really cool but HC is a f@#king classic and is flawless IMO.

Man in the Moon over Helldorado. Hell was a nice throwback and had three great songs but man the lyrics were horrible and to me that album kind of proved that sometime it's better not to go back in time and to keep moving forward. Man in the Moon took the classic LAG sound and mixed it with an early 70's Free/Stones/Zeppelin vibe and the sound was great IMO and it was Phils return. Great underrated disc IMO.

Double Live Assasins over Nite on the Strip. DLA was and is a killer live album and for those that hate KFD made those songs sound even better in the live setting plus getting the cool medleys was awesome two.

Babylon over Tales but it's almost a draw. Both are very good albums but not great but I think Tales while having Andy Johns produce again suffered with no budget and being on Shrapnel and wasn't as good as the prior studio disc Waking the Dead. Babylon had the nice Four Horsemen theme and outside of the Chuck Berry cover was almost flawless with a great cover of DP's "Burn".

Waking the Dead over Dominator by a million miles. Dom was cool but not as good as WTD which was a nice throwback to the LAG glory days but with a great production job from Johns and would have fit nicely between Cocked and Loaded and Vampires.

Tough poll!! And I mean good poll!!

I went:

WASP

Cocked & Loaded

Inside the Electric Circus

Headless Children

Man In The Moon

Double Live Assasins

Tales From the Strip

Waking the Dead

Both bands freakin' rock :headbanger:

• 2 weeks later...

LAGuns over WASP by a tiny bit

The Last Command over Cocked and Loaded,also by a tiny bit

Hollywood Vampires over Inside the Electric Circus

Headless Children is a great album but i have yet to hear Vicious Circle.

Haven't heard the other ones.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pretty easy for me. LA Guns on all accounts except Headless children by WASP as thats my favourite WASP album, and Vicious Circle, while a great album came up against the one WASP album that had a chance of beating it. The live ones I really couldnt give two shits about though, so the Guns one gets the vote as its got better songs on for me.

Only other chance WASP would have had is if there was an option for Crimson Idol vs American hardcore .. the biggest steaming shit in the whole LA Guns catalogue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...