Stryper - Fallen

Stefan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just sounds like Stryper to me. What's supposed to be so different about this stuff?

Pardon the expression but... hell yeah! :beerbang:

Its the usual story for me - I LOVE the music.

BUT..............

1. Can barely understand a word........................and

2. When I do its ludicrous dribble.

Seriously guys..........what is that chorus?? Yaaah Wehhhh?? Dont get it. And I'm not sure I want to either.

Hope the rest of the album keeps THIS music/production and actually has sensible lyrics / chorus for a change

Yeah, what Glen said. What does this 'Yah weh' shit mean? Stupid shit lyric ruins what is otherwise a pretty cool tune.

Yahweh is Hebrew. It's the name of the Judeo-Christian God. There, you learned something today.

Learned and instantly forgot ;-)

Yahweh is Hebrew. It's the name of the Judeo-Christian God. There, you learned something today.

Learned and instantly forgot ;-)

:lol:

x 2.

There's only one thing worse than singing about God, and that is singing about God in another language.

I try to overlook the God lyrics.

One of my favorite bands is Angelica and their lyrics never really bothered me at all.

I truly love Disciple, Holy Soldier and The Brave, but the same thing goes with all of them. The less they speak about Jesus the better they sound. The blatant songs are always their worst. Discretion is the key. Have your ridiculous beliefs if you must, but just keep them to yourself... please. ;)

One of my favorite bands is Angelica and their lyrics never really bothered me at all.

I truly love Disciple, Holy Soldier and The Brave, but the same thing goes with all of them. The less they speak about Jesus the better they sound. The blatant songs are always their worst. Discretion is the key. Have your ridiculous beliefs if you must, but just keep them to yourself... please. ;)

I don't care if they are praising God or the devil...if the music/melodies/hooks are good I will sing along...

I don't care if they are praising God or the devil...if the music/melodies/hooks are good I will sing along...

What youd sing along to that in some silly operatic voice??

To each their own ;-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rather poor version of "After Forever" I'll take the Black Sabbath version anyday.....I'll most likely pick it up anyway as the other songs are decent....

Really?? That's a cover? And a Black Sabbath one? Were Black Sabbath a christian band at all? I was going to say I quite enjoyed the album and only found a couple of strong anti-intelligence songs whoops I mean christian songs. And I thought this one; 'After Forever,' as well as 'King Of Kings' were the most preachy.

On first spin, I liked the trio of 'Heaven,' 'Love you like I do' and 'All over again' quite a lot. Stryper are a pretty reliable band, though. I always love their sound, musically, even if they do have stupid lyrics... but it sounds like a pretty cool disc on first spin.