Serpentine Sky - s/t

Stefan

Yeah, I dig that. Good vocalist, very cool vibe. Assuming it'd be one of the more straight forward songs on the album, I like it. Very cool groove... Reminds me a bit of Dream Police and Gotthard and dare I say a faint hint of XYZ?

• 1 month later...

serpentinesky.jpg?itok=SP6f9zbL

From melodicrock.com:

There’s nothing better than supporting new band – even if the band in question has been around for 25 years. Is this the longest time period between forming and a debut album being released?

For those familiar with these rockers from Melbourne, Australia, the wait has been worth it!

MelodicRock Records is really excited to have SERPENTINE SKY join the label roster, with their self-titled debut album due for release October 30.

Owner of MRR, Andrew McNeice recalls owning a relic of the band’s early days. “When Zakk sent me their album to check out, I only needed seconds to realize the anthemic lead track Whole Lotta Love has been a part of my collection in the form of a 2 track promo-cassette from the early 90s. I had always loved that song and wanted to hear more. Better late than never! This is a classic melodic rock album with a strong dose of Aussie attitude and a very slick, energetic production.”

“Serpentine Sky” will be released in a 10 track regular edition as well as a limited Special Edition which will contain several bonus tracks which will be announced soon.

Right now I can’t wait to present one of the great tracks off this album. But which one?
How about something different? How about the closing track?
That’s right – this album is so consistently good, we can go right to the end to present a highlight from the set. Don’t you love albums that close out with that absolute killer song that once finished makes you just want to hit play and start over again?

With that in mind, please check out SERPENTINE SKY and “Midnight”:

Originally founded in 1989 by Patrick Creamer, Zakk Zedras, Rexx Fernandez, Clinton Roche and Craig Whitelock; the then called Serpentine made an immediate impact on audiences with their energetic live show combining shredding guitars, three part harmonies, huge melodic choruses and the best rhythm section around.

In the early nineties, the band was tipped as “the next big thing” by Aus music legend Ian ‘Molly’ Meldrum and showered with major record label deals.

As fate would have it, everything came to an abrupt end in 1991. Drummer Craig Whitelock suffered a serious motorbike accident resulting in him being unable to perform for the best part of twelve months. The band tried to carry on with another drummer, but relationships became strained and the magic was lost.

Reuniting after 25 years in 2014, the band played the tribute show for dearly departed friend and former drummer of White Widdow, George Kristy.

Serpentine members rekindled their friendship. A decision was made to re-form the band and record an album of their best original tracks. The band recorded their full-length debut album with producer / engineer Ricki Rae.

The band changed their name to Serpentine Sky in 2015.

I would have prefered the band retain thier original monicker Serpentine but never the less, am looking forward to this album :)

I think it might already be taken.

wow, I'm impressed with the singer, sounds almost identical to Eric Martin which is among my fave singers.

Good sign and love that 'Groovy Feelin' track. 'Midnight' is awesome too.

If the rest are as strong as these two, well I'm quite convinced this one might be MelodicRock records best signing ever :D

wow, I'm impressed with the singer, sounds almost identical to Eric Martin which is among my fave singers.

If the rest are as strong as these two, well I'm quite convinced this one might be MelodicRock records best signing ever :D

... after All I Know.

... after All I Know.

That is quite solid but after a while, it started losing the magic, I still rated it around 85% or less, are you still liking it at 90% ?

... after All I Know.

That is quite solid but after a while, it started losing the magic, I still rated it around 85% or less, are you still liking it at 90% ?

Yep, 85% for me too. Great album.

... after All I Know.

Degreed was the best signing so far - gave them the start they needed to go on and record 2 of the best albums in the genre in the last 5 years

The debit aint too shabby either ;-)

... after All I Know.

Degreed was the best signing so far - gave them the start they needed to go on and record 2 of the best albums in the genre in the last 5 years

The whole time this discussion was going on I was all like, they were with Melodicrock Records at the start, weren't they?

... after All I Know.

The whole time this discussion was going on I was all like, they were with Melodicrock Records at the start, weren't they?

yep, Andrew believed in them, and thank God. I love the last 2 albums, and the debut is very solid indeed.

Great live band as well.

Maybe he'll get those guys across for the Aussie fest ???!!!

... after All I Know.

yep, Andrew believed in them, and thank God. I love the last 2 albums, and the debut is very solid indeed.

Great live band as well.

Maybe he'll get those guys across for the Aussie fest ???!!!

That'd be cool. Would love to see them. I agree, they have so far gotten (is it seriously a word? Just looks so wrong) better with each album.

Love the lads in Degreed...happy to help them get started. All three albums are essential!

All I Know are still going...expect something next year.

Nice, let's hope they up their game and produce a real killer.

Oh yeah, that's great new. I'd have thought for sure they were no longer together. Looking forward to that one. They have a great ear for a great hook.