Styper-Against The Law cd

Does anyone have the Enigma version with the triangle logo(classic stryper) on the cd itself?

When the cd came out in 1990 the first 10,000 shipped with this logo instead of the blue fingerprint/new logo scheme. It became the rarest Stryper cd until the Reborn programming error cd. My wife is possibly going to a wedding tomorrow where as the brother of the groom has that cd. I told him years ago if he wants to part with it I want first crack at it. I am going to mention to her to talk to him about it when the weddings over.

My copy has the blue album cover artwork, and the Enigma triangle logo in white on a blue and black striped disc. Same logo as on many of my other Enigma cd's. I guess I'm not sure what the fingerprint logo looks like but I've come across 3 Against the Law cd's and they have all had the same logo/design on the disc.

Actually let me clarify it a bit. The Engima logo (mountain/cresent moon thing) does create kindof a triangle shape. This is not the logo I am talking about. I am talking about the Stryper logo with the Isaiah 53:5 scripture. The logo that is on there front webpage and on all there other cd's prior. On the original Enigma release of the cd that Stryper logo covered the entire face of the cd itself. In other words it was a big a** logo. The blue stripes on the black cd is very common. If you look closely the blue stripes are supposed to simulate fingerprints. You have to look at the stripes as a whole. Hence the crime/cop motif of Against the Law artwork. If someone had the Stryper logo version of the cd they would know. Like I said the logo covers the entire front face of the cd itself. My friend has this cd. It has been the only time I have seen it.

Does anyone have the Enigma version with the triangle logo(classic stryper) on the cd itself?

When the cd came out in 1990 the first 10,000 shipped with this logo instead of the blue fingerprint/new logo scheme. It became the rarest Stryper cd until the Reborn programming error cd. My wife is possibly going to a wedding tomorrow where as the brother of the groom has that cd. I told him years ago if he wants to part with it I want first crack at it. I am going to mention to her to talk to him about it when the weddings over.

I seen one at the local video game store a couple days ago. now I must go back and take a look again

Make sure its on Enigma label. Don't think Hollywood Record label put that out. Hollywood took over their discography in 1992 if I remember. Metal Edge had a little side note in 1990 when mentioning the Against the Law cd when it came out that the first 10,000 came with the original logo on the cd. Stryper claimed it was a mistake. Not sure of that. Anyways good luck, I hope it turns out to be that cd for you. Its a keeper. Like I have said before I have only seen 1 in my whole life and I have only met one collector who knew about it also.

Everytime I go looking for used cds and come across an Against the Law cd I always check to see if it is the original logo cd. You never know what you come across. Thats how I got my To Hell With The Devil (Angel Cover) cd. I was at a cd store looking in there used section and there it was. It cost me $5. I quickly sold my Enigma black cover one on ebay.

Well my wife talked to him yesterday. He still has the cd but will not part with it. Although he said he would let me have first stab at it if he ever does. Bummer.

• 8 months later...

I just picked this up today. Never seen this disc artwork until now.

0306131132_zps9b407188.jpg

Bitchin'. I've never seen that version either.

I have a cardboard version of the album ( an extended digipack or something?) with this same artwork on the CD. Sadly, the CD is unplayable (massive mark on it) and this has collected dust since purchase, and I bought a working "normal" copy of the disc.

I have a cardboard version of the album ( an extended digipack or something?) with this same artwork on the CD. Sadly, the CD is unplayable (massive mark on it) and this has collected dust since purchase, and I bought a working "normal" copy of the disc.

I have an original Stryper - Against The Law and I compared it to this new one I found. They are identical in every detail except for the disc artwork. Both are Enigma, both back inserts say "Printed in Canada" and numbers and colors are all the same. Sadly this new one has a hole punch through the front insert.

This is the one I was talking about. Only 10,000 pressed.

As soon as I saw that disc I thought of this thread. I wasn't sure exactly what it was supposed to look like but I figured this had to be it.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but I forgot to post I picked one up last summer. As far as the digipack version (alternate cover), that was the limited edition with an interview with the band. The digipack says it was released in on Enigma. If I remember it actually came out in around 01' or 02'. Enigma no longer existed by then. It was sold only through Michael Sweet's website along with a limited edition of To Hell With The Devil (Angel Cover) also on Enigma. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on the digipack. I remember when it came out on his website they were hitting ebay in droves.