Stryper - Fallen

Stefan

I quite enjoyed Kings of Kings,killer riff, probably my fave one-minus the lyrics. I don't think I'll keep any other for my ultimate list.

Btw, All Over again had a strong potential to be the first Stryper ballad I enjoy, but again I hate those silly back voices.

Easily the cover is the worst song there.

Btw, it would be great if Stryper repayed the favor and covered some Guardian track instead. :tumbsup:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, 'Love you like I do' and 'All over again' are very good. I do really love this band, musically. They always sound so ballsy. Just wish they'd dropped the whole christian garbage... and imagine how great they could have been! One of the true greats, perhaps?

I haven't had time to go pick up the new CD yet but I have given it a number of spins on Spotify and I gotta say it womps some booty... I may possibly like it even better than No More Hell to Pay, and I am still lovin' that album....it still finds its way into my player frequently

Rather poor version of "After Forever" I'll take the Black Sabbath version anyday.....I'll most likely pick it up anyway as the other songs are decent....

Yeah, that cover is the lone clunker on the CD IMO. "After Forever" happens to be my favorite Black Sabbath song so I'm a pretty harsh judge when it comes to covers of it....

I'm sure they thought they were being clever when they were recording that song, like "Lookit us, a Christian band covering Black Sabbath! Woooo, aren't we being all ironic 'n stuff?"

...I guess nobody told them that the Christian thrash band Deliverance covered that same song (and did it better) on their "What a Joke" album in 1991!

Yeah, that cover is the lone clunker on the CD IMO. "After Forever" happens to be my favorite Black Sabbath song so I'm a pretty harsh judge when it comes to covers of it....

I'm sure they thought they were being clever when they were recording that song, like "Lookit us, a Christian band covering Black Sabbath! Woooo, aren't we being all ironic 'n stuff?"

But Keith, they already did an ironic Sabbath cover... "Heaven and Hell" from 2011's The Covering.... best song on the disc too. :P

Yeah, the extra 5-10% fandom factor.

What happened with objectivity? :tumbsup:

For example, I had every reason to be mad at Degreed because they never sent me their cd, for which I paid, yet it's still in my top 5.