L.A. Guns doing an all blues album?

AlphaMale

I mean really? I don't wanna hear L.A. Guns sounding like Led Zeppelin. I want some more Waking The Dead or Tales From The Strip or Cocked & Loaded...... not a fucking blues disc!! WHAT THE FUCK PHIL??

I know this is a tribute to producer Andy Johns. I get that and I am all for giving the man his props. But a blues disc? L.A. Guns sounding like the White Stripes??

Give me a fucking break!! :rant:

from sleaze roxx: http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news/02864.shtml

February 26, 2015

L.A. Guns are planning to enter the studio later this year according to frontman Philip Lewis.
"Looks like we're heading back into the studio later this year after touring," Lewis said during an online chat at L.A. Guns Facebook Fan Group. "We have a killer concept but I can't tell too much just yet, someting we've never done before. It's gonna be a 100% blues record in honour of Andy Johns -- a cross between White Stripes and Led Zeppelin."
Andy Johns produced several L.A. Guns' albums -- 'Waking The Dead', 'Tales From The Strip', and their most recent studio effort 'Hollywood Forever'. The famed producer had worked with countless artists, including Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Rolling Stones, Cinderella, Killer Dwarfs, Loudness and Tangier prior to his 2013 death.
Lewis promised that the album would sound fantastic with the new L.A. Guns line-up, which currently includes drummer Steve Riley, guitarist Michael Grant, and returning bassist Kenny Kweens.
Lewis also addressed a few other topics, including KISS bassist Gene Simmons' comment that rock was dead, by saying, "Gene needs to keep doing what he does best -- making sex tapes." The singer also said that no Girl tours are slated anytime soon but that he'd be 'game' to play with his former band again and that his autobiography is 'coming along'.

Yeah, the cross between Zeppelin and White Stripes is like saying I'm going to mix AIDs with herpes and hope for a good result. Sounds absolutely horrid, but I will have to give it at least one listen because it's LA Guns.

Yeah, the cross between Zeppelin and White Stripes is like saying I'm going to mix AIDs with herpes and hope for a good result. Sounds absolutely horrid, but I will have to give it at least one listen because it's LA Guns.

Agree! I don't "dislike" Zeppelin, but don't want L.A. Guns sounding like them.

Agree! I don't "dislike" Zeppelin, but don't want L.A. Guns sounding like them.

I think the WORLD agrees. But I'm guessing the band thinks it's a brilliant idea. :wacko:

• My Little Pony

Really, this whole discussion is pointless without samples. Bands make comparisons all the time that have me scratching my head.

• My Little Pony

I'm not arguing about the quality, I'm just saying I'll wait til any sort of sample is available before I make my judgement.

And, yeah, Jezzer's right.

Yeah I must admit, I dont really care for Zeppelin....a handful of decent songs and that's about it.....have never really got into them

It terms of LA Guns changing their style........pretty pointless move and it will no doubt turn out to be dreadful.

It's a shame too, because there's no really weak LA Guns album with Lewis on vocals. Some aren't quite as good as others, but they're all quite good. It'll be a shame to tarnish that.

I'll be officially rating Cocked and Loaded later in the week. There are a few fillers in there but what might 'save it' is i'll only be rating the best 12 tracks (as usual).

They certainly included a bunch of tracks on that album.

I'll be officially rating Cocked and Loaded later in the week. There are a few fillers in there but what might 'save it' is i'll only be rating the best 12 tracks (as usual).

They certainly included a bunch of tracks on that album.

I'll love to see your rating of 'Point Blank' with your 12 song technique. Surely it'll topple 95%? I know it would for me without 'Gimme some,' 'You're back' and probably 'Who's foolin' who?'

I don't like the whole "only rate the best 12 songs" thing.

That's like a pitcher in baseball throwing a perfect game in innings 1 through 6 + innings 8 and 9. But he gave up a couple of walks in the 7th.

Do we disregard the 2 walks in the 7th inning and give the guy a perfect game? Of course not!

It's the whole body of work that deserves to be rated. I do not however have a problem not rating intros/instrumentals/outros etc.

It's not baseball, it's different and you know it.

You pay the same price for a CD of 10 tracks and 14 tracks but the band pay more for producing 14 tracks instead of 10, let's think about the studio cost, time spent on writing songs, etc. A band can just do 10 tracks and keep the 4 for the next album but they're good enough to give you the extra 4, so why punish them ? And beside the weaker tracks for you might be treasures for other

Totally agree with Russ. But to each their own. Everyone rates their stuff their own way, or not. I rate albums from beginning to end, including bonus tracks if I have them. Of course no intros and instrumentals and stuff, but all songs are factored in, to get a complete rating for the album. What if the extra songs don't "punish" the rating, but contribute well to it?

Haha, to each their own, but I'll keep doing what I'm doing. ;)