Hell in the club - Shadow of the monster - Jan 2016

PeterS

Straight off their Facebook page:

At work so not had a chance to listen to the single yet.

New album INFO + COVER + SINGLE online!!!!
"Shadow of the Monster" available from January 22nd, 2016 on Scarlet Records

Tracklist:
1. DANCE!
2. Enjoy the Ride
(Soundcloud streaming here: http://bit.ly/1OuFYpR)
3. Hell Sweet Hell
4. Shadow of the Monster
5. The Life & Death of Mr. Nobody
6. Appetite
7. Naked
8. Le Cirque des Horreurs
9. Try Me, Hate Me
10. Money Changes Everything

'Shadow Of The Monster' was recorded, mixed and mastered by Simone Mularoni (DGM) at Domination Studio in San Marino and will include a very special cover version of 'Money Changes Everything' by The Brains (brought to international acclaim by Cyndi Lauper in 1984).

Cover artwork was made by American writer, film-maker and prolific illustrator The Art of Nathan Thomas Milliner, a very well respected horror artist, who is consistently producing outstanding graphics for various comics, films, and horror conventions.

They really established themselves as a force to me with that last album. This new song sounds like a good continuation. Definitely an album worth looking forward to. Looks like there's a few good 'uns coming out early 2016.

• 1 month later...

Hopefully because it's four years apart, they have lots of great stuffs in their vault hence the quick follow-up, but after this one, let's hope for a 2 years break so they don't turn into Dynazty :(

• 3 weeks later...

First impression, weaker than the previous but probably on par with the first. I guess overall the first album has stronger first half while this one is spread even with mostly rated at 7.5 with couple of stand-outs.

Get ready, hawks who wait until I mention a ballad so you can accurately point out that I only like ballads and no other songs at all... Poise your pens.

Heard this one today and colour me suitably unimpressed. Not one iota, in fact. To me it just sounded like a collection of b-sides and the only two songs on the album I found interesting at all were the two ballads. Two nice tunes, but aside from that I thought it was a really average album. Well played, excellently produced... and it's not like the songs are actually bad. Just really, really average. I'll have forgotten about this album before January ends...

It"s not too bad but unlikely to be something I come back to too often. Probably getting more spins that it deserves as it"s early in the year and don"t have a backlog.

It"s no 2 on my list of albums of the year do far , after Temperance Movement. The Temperance Movement isn"t as good as their last effort either.

Must be something good out this week?

Get ready, hawks who wait until I mention a ballad so you can accurately point out that I only like ballads and no other songs at all... Poise your pens.

Heard this one today and colour me suitably unimpressed. Not one iota, in fact. To me it just sounded like a collection of b-sides and the only two songs on the album I found interesting at all were the two ballads. Two nice tunes, but aside from that I thought it was a really average album. Well played, excellently produced... and it's not like the songs are actually bad. Just really, really average. I'll have forgotten about this album before January ends...

A bit harsh I think , naked , appetite , enjoy the ride and shadow of a monster are all good Songs imo

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...