Jon Bon Jovi - Beautiful Day

Stefan

Not too bad, just sounds like modern Bon Jovi. So are they not together at the moment, or is this just a side project?

Save for a track here and there, Jon lost me sometime shortly after 1995.

He's just such a pompous, arrogant, left-wing nut job, Springsteen wanna-be now-a-days that he's almost ruined my love for the band's first (5) albums. Luckily I'm not as big a dick as he is, so I can still enjoy SLIPPERY some 30 years later rather than mocking it (like he does).

Good riddance, and Viva Richie!

Save for a track here and there, Jon lost me sometime shortly after 1995.

He's just such a pompous, arrogant, left-wing nut job, Springsteen wanna-be now-a-days that he's almost ruined my love for the band's first (5) albums. Luckily I'm not as big a dick as he is, so I can still enjoy SLIPPERY some 30 years later rather than mocking it (like he does).

Good riddance, and Viva Richie!

+1

With all due respect to Richie, but he's lost quite a few marbles himself in recent years...... his last album was ok but I can't take him seriously anymore

Aside from 'Stranger in this town' his solo stuff has been unlistenable, imo. Anyone hating Jon Bon Jovi and thinking Richie has nothing to do with the direction Bon Jovi have taken in recent years is on a bit of a mind trip. ;)

With all due respect to Richie, but he's lost quite a few marbles himself in recent years...... his last album was ok but I can't take him seriously anymore

Aside from 'Stranger in this town' his solo stuff has been unlistenable, imo. Anyone hating Jon Bon Jovi and thinking Richie has nothing to do with the direction Bon Jovi have taken in recent years is on a bit of a mind trip. ;)

Undiscovered Soul was very much radiopop (almost wrote radiopoo there haha) but his last album (which came out in 2012 I think), while a mixed bag, still had some good songs on it especially the ballads. Also he included some guitar solos which was nice

Ironically i'm just listening to Richie's first two solo albums. Stranger in this Town is pretty good, Rosie is a pretty good track. I'm halfway through Undiscovered Soul and nothing has grabbed me yet. It sounds like a below par Bon Jovi album :(

Haven't heard his last album apart from a track that came on a free Classic Rock Magazine which i wasn't impressed with.

I think Richie has lost it too but not as bad as Jon

Yeah, Richie has certainly forgone pinch harmonics in lieu of drop tuning the way many of my 80's favorites have in recent years (sadly), but at least he doesn't come across as a complete douche the way Jon Bon Springsteen most certainly does now-a-days.

As I've mentioned here countless times in the past, the band could have called it quits after KTF and I'd probably have remained one of their biggest fans. Sure, they've released a few good tracks during the course of the past 23 years, but not enough to fill a ten-track compilation in my opinion.

I really don't care if I hear a new track from the band (with or without Richie) the rest of my life. I can predict the lyrics and chord structures without hearing a single note... and it's pure rubbish.

To be honest, I can listen to Jon's 2 solo albums from start to finish but not Richie's. The first solo is probably the best he can do but I rarely spin it and probably worth around 75% or below, so with or without Richie, I think Jon and Bon Jovi can still go on, although musically, they're keep targeting young people and not us anymore :D

You think there'd be young people out there digging new Bon Jovi??? Ha, I heavily doubt it, mate. Seriously doubt that...

I have to say just for the record, both JBJ solo albums are great, especially Destination. That cd didn't leave my player for 6 months when it came out. I'd rather have that then a new BJ album. The last one that was just ok was Bounce. It along with Crush had about a half an album of good songs. Everything since has been shit.

I have to admit that even as a big fan on Bon Jovi, I only actually own (of their solo work) 'Blaze Of Glory' and 'Stranger in this town.' I think I've heard all the other solo stuff but it never stayed in my collection long, which says a lot, as I used to be somewhat of a completist when it came to things like that. I must have really disliked those albums. :lol:

And for the record, 'Have a nice day' is easily the best post-'These Days' Bon Jovi album.

You think there'd be young people out there digging new Bon Jovi??? Ha, I heavily doubt it, mate. Seriously doubt that...

judging by the sales of the last 2-3 albums which still reach the 1 million mark, and I believe Lost Highway surpass the 2 million mark, means that they gain lots of new market there because 80s fans probably avoid that album and only hardcore fans that probably buy, and after 'The Circles', I doubt they will return but 'What About Now' still do quite okay so yeah I guess yeah there are new fans out there

Maybe ''new fans'' but definitely not young ones man :D seriously, today's youth listens to either radio electro rap (whatever you wanna call it Iggy Azalea, Rihanna that kind of stuff) or they go into other rock genres, maybe metal.... But young people getting into Bon Jovi that's about as likely as them listening to Celine Dion

Destination Anywhere is really good.

HAND is easily the best BJ album since These Days. I doubt they will release anything now that i will buy.

Maybe ''new fans'' but definitely not young ones man :D seriously, today's youth listens to either radio electro rap (whatever you wanna call it Iggy Azalea, Rihanna that kind of stuff) or they go into other rock genres, maybe metal.... But young people getting into Bon Jovi that's about as likely as them listening to Celine Dion

Yep, backed 100%.

whatever it is and wherever they are, these mysterious new fans are keeping the flame alive,

but not only Bon Jovi did that, I think bands like AC/DC, U2, Metallica, and Rolling Stones are still very huge out there

I agree with Nightrain, these new fans cannot be all "older" people suddenly discovering the band, it has to be younger fans coming in as well (and if you go to concerts you will see a good selection of teens and younger there).

I know enough younger people who dig Jovi.

As for the solo stuff. Blaze was great & I really enjoyed Destination from Jon. From Richie, Stranger was great, but Undiscovered soul is easily my favourite album by him. Some truly great songs on it. His newer one was good, but as it was a very mixed bags of styles it didnt exactly hook me like the first two (Nowadays was a fantastic song though, despite it obviously being Richies attempt at sounding like Foo Fighters).