Robert Pehrsson's Humbucker - Long Way To The Light

Stefan

1902831_612624902157224_922113604_n.jpg?

I'm digging this. Some Thin Lizzy influences for sure.

From FB:

Robert Pehrsson’s Humbucker’s self-titled debut album was met with rave reviews. Now the Swede is back with the follow up “Long Way to the Light”. Expectations are sky high.
– I think the new album is stronger, he says.

Robert Pehrsson's Humbucker was released in 2013. It was a perfect example for a contemporary classic rock album, landing the Swedish guitarist an “album of the month” award in Germany's leading independent metal magazine Rock Hard. No wonder that expectations for the follow-up album “Long Way to the Light” are high.

The record contains eight brand new compositions (plus a re-worked version of the single “The Hollow in a Rising Tone”).
With songs such as “Send Her My Love” and “Traveling Through the Dark” Robert Pehrsson's Humbucker is back with an even slicker guitar playing and sharper song arrangements. And maybe even poppier?
– It might be. But it's not really intentional. I like the songs short and to the point with a strong hook. I think people sometimes put me in the same category as more hard rocking bands, and we're not really that type of band in the end.
I want the freedom to do other styles as well. If I look at the old bands, I like that they were all very diverse, not playing on max all the time, he says.

Robert Pehrsson says the biggest difference between the first album and “Long Way to the Light” is that this time around the band has played live.
– This time I knew I wanted to be able to perform the songs live in their true form. I also co-worked with Joseph Tholl, Nicke Andersson and Andreas Axelsson on some tracks. So I think there is more of a band feeling to this one. And that was something I wanted from the beginning when I started working on this album.

“Long Way to the Light” was recorded mostly by Robert Pehrsson and Nicke Andersson (drums and bass), with help from Joseph Tholl,
]– But several of the musicians from the previous album also appear on “Long Way to the Light”. So does members of the live line-up, Jakob Ljungberg and Jens Lagergren. It's a mixture of really talented friends from other bands: Enforcer, Imperial State Electric, The Hellacopters, Tribulation, for example. Me and my friends tend to do a lot of stuff together Here are some other names: Robert Eriksson, Jonas Wikstrand, Johan Bäckman, Johannes Borgström. The list goes on!

www.robertpehrssonshumbucker.com

40040.jpg

Tracks:

01 Send Her My Love
02 Distant Bound
03 Traveling Through the Dark
04 Break Away from This Broken Heart
05 Pretender
06 Zero Emotion
07 The Hollow in a Rising Tone
08 The Somber Sleeps
09 No I Don't

I like the band name and the guitar sound/playing.