L.R.S. - Down To The Core

Stefan

You sure thats not the new Stan Bush single ;-)

Heh.

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah...

Now fuck off!

:whistle:

yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah...

Truth.

F awful lyrically.

I have no doubt that this will be the worst song on the album.....except for maybe Never Surrender ;-)

• My Little Pony

Heh.

Now fuck off!

Truth.

F awful lyrically.

I have no doubt that this will be the worst song on the album.....except for maybe Never Surrender ;-)

For real, Gleonard? Those lyrics aren't even on the same level as Stan Bush. I didn't think they were over the top.

Heh.

Now fuck off!

Truth.

F awful lyrically.

For real, Gleonard? Those lyrics aren't even on the same level as Stan Bush. I didn't think they were over the top.

• 1 month later...

I have only given it a really, really quick and kind of distracted spin (not due to the album at all, just a really shitty night on the road at work) and I gotta say, I was really digging it. Sounds like pretty unadventurous AOR, but in saying that, very good for what it is. As noted above, there are some pretty weak lyrics (which surprises me considering neither 21 Guns nor Von Groove ever had weak lyrics, but I guess these guys weren't the main song writers?), but aside from some average lyrics, I really liked everything else. La Verdi will put up one of my favourite vocal efforts this year, and the songs are good, strong melodic rock.

Pretty decent disc, Ive been noticing alot of these discs have begun sounding alike, same production sound, same vocal sound, songs are good just by way of the fact they are melodic rock songs, but theres really no genuine pop your ear, scratch your brain, sinister stuck in your head tunes, at least not to me, don't get me wrong, I would way rather have our kind of music sound alike, then say all the other music that does always sound alike, but I would also like every once in awhile a truly standout disc to come out, that when listening to it your first time, there are a few songs that actually get you excited, and your not sure which songs they exactly are, so you have to go back and listen again, then you discover a few more catchy songs, then your just damn happy, and excited to fire the disc up any chance you get, you know for instance, this was the case when I first got Marcello\Vestry, and H.E.A.T. Address The Nation as well, you get what Im saying, and if you dont, then dont worry bout it!

That's how I feel with the new Night By Night disc. Not a filler in sight!

No Shit? Then I am going blind on this Chris, I am going right now, tracking it down, and ordering it, I'm not even going to listen to it, I will when it gets here, then the 1st time I listen, I will put it on and play it out of my Jeep while Im working, and that way it will be background music, and if and when something sticks out, I will No Im on to something, thanks bro.

This is good but not as great as I thought it was going to be. Going to give it some proper listens soon, but I seemed to notice a heap of ballads on the 2nd half of this one, which was a little concerning. It's a good disc and will rate well for me this year, but more thoughts to come.

Just on some earlier comments from Cody and Russ, I agree that the Night By Night is the stand-out disc of the year so far, along with Steel Panther (but that's a given). The Night By Night album is the best surprise.