Joey West... Drums

Josiah Prince... Guitar

Jason Wilkes... Bass, Vocals

Andrew Stanton... Guitar

DISCIPLE LAUNCHES ITS ATTACK TODAY WORLDWIDE

5-Star Acclaimed Album Loudly Proclaims Hope In Jesus

Headline Club Tour With Project 86, A Life Set Apart Begins Oct. 2,

Followed By No. 1 Pollstar-Ranked Winter Jam Arena Tour

Rock band Disciple releases independently worldwide today its first new album in nearly two years, Attack, through The Fuel Music. Receiving wide critical acclaim, the crowd-funded and 10th studio album is also the first recording featuring front man, founding member and band leader Kevin Young with four new Disciple members, but established musicians in their own right: Josiah Prince from Philmont and Andrew Stanton from I Am Empire on guitars, Jason Wilkes from High Flight Society on bass and vocals, and Joey West from After Edmund on drums.

While each of the band members except for Young are new, Disciple brought back into the mix Travis Wyrick (P.O.D., Pillar, TobyMac), who produced the first seven Disciple records. A year in the making, and with the added freedom of now being independent for the first time since 2003, Disciples Young says, I know what weve been called to do, and thats to do our best to show Christ to people with our music, and with how we interact with them, both on and off the stage. I thought about this new album for a year before we started in the studio, and I knew that the lyrics would be the boldest Disciple has ever put on a record. I wanted to talk about Jesus loudly and without shame.

The resulting album is hitting high marks with critics:

This album is one of the strongest of Disciple's career, promising to be an instant favorite with the fans who made it possible. Attack is built of ferocious guitar riffs, swelling melodies, searing vocals and a provoking and compelling declaration of the gospel that instantly sweeps the listener into spiritual awareness. Despite the lineup revolution, this album has Disciple's identity stamped on it more firmly than perhaps ever before, lending the album momentum born of confidence and dedication to its message. NewReleaseTuesday.com

Lyrics that are as powerful as the guitar licks are found on every songyou get an authentic Disciple experience that is almost like going back in time to when you first heard them and fell in love... Attack is authentic all the way. About.com

As a Christian Hard Rock/Metal album, Attack has it all walls of bass and drums act as a backbone to the massive guitar driven anthems that should move any listener to throw up their fists to the heavens and sing along. The album features amazing vocals, catchy sing-along choruses, and lyrics that challenge, edify, and encourage believers to step up in their relationship with Jesusthis is by far their best album to date. Christian Review (5 Stars)

Attack is a strong representation of not only thrashing rock and killer talent, but truly a way of life...Attack is the closest thing to elemental genre substance that Ive come across in this arena for a while. And for that fact alone, its not only worth the listen, but a pleasure to absorb into the bones and heart. The Underground

The heavy guitar intros are simply beautiful. The drums get your heart pumping. The bass guitar fires you upThe heavy music and talent will draw fans in, as they hear the beautiful message of Jesus loud and clear. Christian Music Review

Attack is just a fun album to listen toDisciple is back and as good as ever. 365 Days of Inspiring Media

Disciples new album offers a fast paced, hard rock driving tune called Crazy. The album, like the song, is Crazy Good! Rockin Gods House

Disciple has gone above and beyond with this albumbest album to date; a must own. -- Hopebeat

Taking the acclaimed new music from Attack on tour, along with a bevy of No. 1 hits and fan favorites, Disciple launches a two-week club tour beginning at Mojoes in Chicago (Joliet, IL) Oct. 2 and travels into significant markets across the country before wrapping up Oct. 23 in Battle Creek, MI. Special guests on the tour are Project 86 and A Life Set Apart.

Immediately following the club tour, Disciple joins the massive, No. 1 Pollstar-ranked Winter Jam tour. NewSong's blockbuster Winter Jam Tour Spectacular kicks-off Nov. 6 at Albuquerque, New Mexico's Santa Ana Star Center, and hits Sacramentos Sleep Train Arena, Long Beach Arena (Long Beach, CA), Boises Taco Bell Arena and Tacoma Dome (Tacoma, WA), among others, before concluding November 16 at Portlands Moda Center.

For the latest on Disciple tour dates and more, go to http://www.DiscipleRocks.com.

ABOUT DISCIPLE:

Formed in 1992, Disciple has recorded 10 albums, played thousands of shows worldwide, headlined tours since the late 90s, has 14 No. 1 singles, sold hundreds of thousands of records, received multiple Dove Awards and nominations, had its music featured by ESPNs NFL Live, WWE, Fox Sports, as well as in commercials for CBS CSI: Miami and Criminal Minds, and more. For all the latest news, go to www.disciplerocks.com, www.facebook.com/disciplerocks and www.twitter.com/disciplerocks.

• My Little Pony

I need to see these guys some day. Any soundclips anywhere?

Also, does that album cover look familiar? Like Whitecross or ssomeone else?

I've been a fan of this band since their indie days. This may just be their best effort yet, merging the heavier metallic sound of their early days with the more commercial style of their more recent offerings. Absolutely loving it.

LOVE Disciple......and, after reading Mark's short review above....I think I'm definitely going to love this one!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In my personal mini review of this disc I say about the first song; "pretty good, angry jesus metal." And that's basically what we have here. The guys sound angry, which is not a bad thing, but their message also seems to me to be a bit stronger this time around. In past albums if you pretend it's not happening, at times you can forget these guys are a christian band. There's no way of escaping it this time around and that really impacts on my enjoyment of the album, personally.

The songs for the most part are good heavy slabs of, as I called it "jesus metal." For me, though, again, where these guys shine is in their ballads. 'Unbroken' and 'Yesterday is over' are excellent, with some delicious music sections too. The closing ballad, 'The right time,' is also on a path to being excellent, but just at the wrong time it turns into a jesus schlong gobbling mission, which kind of ruins an otherwise excellent song.

Yeah, I dunno, I'm a little torn on this one. I love the band but definitely prefer when the message takes a backseat to the music. This time, I think the music took a backseat to the message.

In my personal mini review of this disc I say about the first song; "pretty good, angry jesus metal." And that's basically what we have here. The guys sound angry, which is not a bad thing, but their message also seems to me to be a bit stronger this time around. In past albums if you pretend it's not happening, at times you can forget these guys are a christian band. There's no way of escaping it this time around and that really impacts on my enjoyment of the album, personally.

The songs for the most part are good heavy slabs of, as I called it "jesus metal." For me, though, again, where these guys shine is in their ballads. 'Unbroken' and 'Yesterday is over' are excellent, with some delicious music sections too. The closing ballad, 'The right time,' is also on a path to being excellent, but just at the wrong time it turns into a jesus schlong gobbling mission, which kind of ruins an otherwise excellent song.

Yeah, I dunno, I'm a little torn on this one. I love the band but definitely prefer when the message takes a backseat to the music. This time, I think the music took a backseat to the message.

Geoff, you may have coined a term, 'cause if "angry Jesus metal" isn't an official category yet, it should be. You are not wrong in that the message is significantly bolder this time, something many fans of the band had been begging for over the course of the last several albums. I know you don't like it, but in their early days, Disciple were as blatantly Christian as any band out there, and only watered down the message to gain more mainstream acceptance. This actually irked many fans--not to mention the band went more & more commercial with every album--so this time around Disciple did the Kickstarter thing so they could do exactly what they wanted: play heavier music and write bold Christian lyrics again.

You call it Jesus schlong-gobbling. I call it album of the year.

Geoff, you may have coined a term, 'cause if "angry Jesus metal" isn't an official category yet, it should be. You are not wrong in that the message is significantly bolder this time, something many fans of the band had been begging for over the course of the last several albums. I know you don't like it, but in their early days, Disciple were as blatantly Christian as any band out there, and only watered down the message to gain more mainstream acceptance. This actually irked many fans--not to mention the band went more & more commercial with every album--so this time around Disciple did the Kickstarter thing so they could do exactly what they wanted: play heavier music and write bold Christian lyrics again.

I see. Kinda glad to hear confirmation my mind wasn't playing tricks on me. Well I hope their christian fans are happy, but I'd prefer they cater more to their non-christian fans. ;) I will write a letter to them and beg them to tone the message down and hope they listen to me when it comes time to record the next CD. lol.

I wonder if the same thing happened to Kutless this year too? That album is musically wonderful - arguably their best - but I actually won't probably ever return to that one because of the stupidly blatant message which makes it basically unbearable for a non-christian.

• My Little Pony

I see. Kinda glad to hear confirmation my mind wasn't playing tricks on me. Well I hope their christian fans are happy, but I'd prefer they cater more to their non-christian fans. ;) I will write a letter to them and beg them to tone the message down and hope they listen to me when it comes time to record the next CD. lol.

I wonder if the same thing happened to Kutless this year too? That album is musically wonderful - arguably their best - but I actually won't probably ever return to that one because of the stupidly blatant message which makes it basically unbearable for a non-christian.

Hold up...

Kutless released a new Rock album??

Really enjoying this new album........it really rawks. I do recognize the more out front Christian lyrics....it doesn't really put me off, as say.....Steel Panther, who I can't seem to grasp listening to lyrics that make me feel embarrassed to listen to because I'm 48....lol

I'd give this one a solid 9.....

Really enjoying this new album........it really rawks. I do recognize the more out front Christian lyrics....it doesn't really put me off, as say.....Steel Panther, who I can't seem to grasp listening to lyrics that make me feel embarrassed to listen to because I'm 48....lol

I'd give this one a solid 9.....

It's funny you mention the embarrassment thing. I'd personally be proud to play Steel Panther in front of any of my peers - I've even passed them on to guys at work, trying to spread the word. I even have 2 t-shirts, and I have very few band t-shirts.

As for christian music - not just Disciple - but it is completely my dirty little secret. I would turn any christian band down if anyone I knew passed me by, and I don't embarrass easily. But I would be terrified to give someone the wrong impression that I was listening to the music because I was a christian, and not just because I like melodic hard rock music. I truly don't really care what people think about me, especially strangers, but for some reason, I never want to allow people to get the wrong impression about my pure hatred for all religion.

I admit to people that I like and listen to christian bands when I have the opportunity to state how clearly I hate the lyrics and the message, but for someone to pass me by as I listen to 'Jesus In My Mouth' by Heaven Hunters... I would be so ashamed I'd feel like I'd have to chase them down and explain I'm only listening to it for the music, not the message.

Like I've said elsewhere, love 'em or hate 'em, SP do what they do and they, and all their fans, are well aware of the fact that it's a good natured joke. The thing that makes me cringe about christian bands is that they write these lyrics which are 10 times more stupid than SP, but sadly, it's deadly serious to them. No joking there. That's as sad to me as it is embarrassing. Personally, anyway. ;)

Hold up...

Kutless released a new Rock album??

Yeah, they released an album called 'Glory' this year, which is basically designed entirely for you christian freaks. ;) It's a lyrical gang ass rape.

I hear what you're saying, Geoff......in fact, you thought that I was a Christian because I'm dialed in to the hard rock scene as well, which includes Christian bands....but, in reality, I'm a lover of all hard rock/glam/metal which happens to include a bunch of those bands. But....like you....I don't shy away from my love for any release....band....or song. All one has to do is look at my profile and see I love everything from ENYA to Duran Duran to Industrial music to KISS. I still can't get into SP's lyrics though......just not my thing....

• 1 year later...

Hey, did you christian freaks realise Disciple released an EP at the end of 2015? I didn't until a week ago. It's called 'Vultures' and was released in September last year. Track list;

1 - Sayonara
2 - Snooze
3 - Awakening
4 - More
5 - Bring the Dead to Life
6 - Breaking Down
It's what you'd expect from Disciple... sappy christian ballad included and all. Here's my two favourite tracks off it. Pretty damn good, imo;

You serious? They're as available as I am for candid interviews about my sexual preferences. Seriously, they're completely available. Are you on a weird work/mobile thing or something? 'More' is pretty awesome, in fact.

Well that's just strange. What about this one;

Edit... haha, it's the same. Yeah, sorry dudes. I don't understand why it's any different to other ones.

Videos all available here in The People's Republic of USA, which is unusual; usually if there is blocking it affects us here.

Good stuff, btw. Better than expected. Hope they do a full-length effort in the same vein...

Videos all available here in The People's Republic of USA, which is unusual; usually if there is blocking it affects us here.

Good stuff, btw. Better than expected. Hope they do a full-length effort in the same vein...

Yeah, that 'More' song is about the best hard rock tune they've done since probably the 'Scars Remain' album. Killer tune. I'd always welcome new music from these guys and hope a new album is on the cards too. Good consistent band.

Us "Christian Freaks" know that Disciple's new album, "Long Live the Rebels," produced by Aaron Sprinkle, drops next month (Oct. 14). Teaser samples available here:

Disciple Kickstarter

My favorite modern holy rockers, bar none.

• My Little Pony

Us "Christian Freaks" know that Disciple's new album, "Long Live the Rebels," produced by Aaron Sprinkle, drops next month (Oct. 14). Teaser samples available here:

Disciple Kickstarter

My favorite modern holy rockers, bar none.

I'm a freak, but I didn't know that.

Every christian is a freak, bar none.

It drops on the date of my 10th wedding anniversary. How sexy and romantic. I hope they sing a sentimental ballad that my wife and I can slow dance to on the balcony in the rain. Oh, that's right, they only write ballads about Jesus' schlong. :(

Can't wait for the album, though. They do always deliver. Correct me if I'm wrong, but despite the fact that every single christian band on the planet basically exclusively uses Aaron Sprinkle to produce every single christian album ever recorded, Disciple have never used him before, have they? He knows his craft, despite being a christian, so it's a good combo.

Do you mean Travis Wyrick?! He's a great producer...and was also in cool glam band Sage.....

Do you mean Travis Wyrick?! He's a great producer...and was also in cool glam band Sage.....

Nah, I know him and yes, he is good at his craft too. But Aaron Sprinkle would probably have produced 10 times more albums than this guy.