H.E.A.T - Beg Beg Beg

Dark

Ok am i right in thinking that Erik Gronwall is the lead singer on Live In London? I was looking forward to hearing 1000 miles live, especially the climatic ending but he doesn't do it :( Kenny's vocal at the end of that tune is hairs on the back of the neck stuff. I'm guessing Erik can't replicate it.

• My Little Pony

Kenny was superior to Erik if you ask me, I doubt they'll ever top that Freedom Rock album.

You and me, brother, you and me.

You, you, and me, brother. You, you, and me.

The Korean Freedom Rock has Tonight as well as Living in a Memory. They're different mixes/recordings of those songs too so it's worth checking out.

The Korean Freedom Rock (never heard the Japan version) is actually somewhat different to the normal version. Besides a different track order, it lacks High on love and the songs themselves are quite different.. extra backing vocals here and there, slightly different guitar solos, more reverb in certain places. I dunno what the story with it is :)

The Korean Freedom Rock has Tonight as well as Living in a Memory. They're different mixes/recordings of those songs too so it's worth checking out.

The Korean Freedom Rock (never heard the Japan version) is actually somewhat different to the normal version. Besides a different track order, it lacks High on love and the songs themselves are quite different.. extra backing vocals here and there, slightly different guitar solos, more reverb in certain places. I dunno what the story with it is :)

Interesting, i wonder why that is and how many people actually know that

My favourite song so far is still 1000 miles but i haven't heard Address the Nation yet

I'm with you.

I never cared much for H.e.a.t when Kenny was leading. Sure, there were a couple songs that I thought were okay but never heard enough to even convince me to buy their first two albums. Don't get me wrong, Kenny is a good signer but just something about him that didn't click for me. His voice is just too smooth or something. And personally, I always got like a .38 Special type of vibe from him. And it wasn't the songs because I like all the old songs when I hear Erik singing them.

Erik took H.e.at to a different level for me and they've went from off my radar to being one of my favorite bands. I just think he's the total package and you really can't ask for much more in a front man.

Erik > Kenny live.

No contest

I will go one further and say Erik > Kenny live and in the studio.

Interesting, i wonder why that is and how many people actually know that

My favourite song so far is still 1000 miles but i haven't heard Address the Nation yet

Nearly every song on it is better than 1000 miles. Different league imo.

at the end of the day, the H.E.A.T contest will be like DLR vs Hagar :D

It's not really for me, to be honest. Kind of a non-issue if I'm telling the truth. I like all 4 HEAT albums so far. If I'm being picky, the last album was their first one that had a few fillers for me (more than the one on each of the first two), but that doesn't mean I prefer everything Leckremo did over Gronwall.

I just like it all. The spread of their best songs would be very evenly divided over their four discs for me, so I'm not really interested in who was the better frontman as I really dig them both.

Agree with Geoff, I like all 4 but the band has an edge and energy now that appeals to me more. I could see why people would prefer it the other way around as well. Maybe the next one will seal it for me ;)

H.E.A.T was benefited heavily with the presence of Erik because he's a Swedish-idol champion, and probably that's also the thing that got em major label contract. Good for them to have more fans and I do think both Erik and Kenny have their own strength and can't separate which one is better, both are excellent and all 4 albums to me are essential :)

I love the band but I do find the 4th album the weakest of them all. They kinda adopted this "tough guys" image and the songs got a bit heavier, somewhat crashdiet-ish in places? Talking about masturbating and ecstasy in HEAT songs just seems...wrong! :P I think Erik needs to chill out a bit on stage too.. The spitting into the air thing is just...bizzare, and fairly gross.. especially as last time he failed to 'catch' it and it hit him right in the eye. I feel his vocals seem to suffer a bit with all the gurning and hopping about he feels the need to do.

Bar Point of no return, Mannequin show (that one grew on me unexpectedly) we will never die, Emergency and Enemy in me, the rest of the stuff gets skipped.. which is a shame.I'll put it down to them losing Dave (who had a LOT of writing credits) and just assume they were still finding their feet.. High hopes for the next album!

The first 3 albums are classics though, with my order of preference being Address the Nation, Freedom Rock then the self titled... I think there's only 1 weak song on each of those albums. (Heartbreaker, Shelter and Straight Up). Freedom Rock is especially brilliant if your a fan of fantastic guitar solos :)

Forgot to say, the Korean Freedom Rock also has another big difference, on Black Night, Tobias Sammet sings most of the song, singing the entire second verse as well as the first.