H.E.A.T. - Live In London (2015)

AlphaMale

Andrew at melodicrock.com rated it a 95%:

Thursday, January 22, 2015
Pausing to soak up the success of their two studio albums with vocalist Erik Gronwall, Sweden’s mega-talented H.E.A.T release a live show from their current tour, captured in London May 2014.
The English have adopted H.E.A.T as their own, interest building via several appearances at Firefest over the years.
So you have a hugely enthusiastic crowd, a band at the absolute peak of their live power, on tour in support of their utterly essential album Tearing Down The Walls, delivering a setlist of non-stop singalong anthems.
Add to that potent mix, one of the most energetic and dynamic frontmen in rock n roll today. Erik Gronwall is revelation. He’s a freak of nature, hitting every note required while commanding the stage and the audience with consummate ease.
This band is shit hot. There’s no doubt. On record, they are brilliant – on stage they are unstoppable. I’ve seen it first hand – there’s no overdubbing or trickery here – this is 67 minutes of melodic rock perfection, delivered with infectious energy and captured beautifully on this live recording.
The set list is mainly garnered from their two albums with Erik, throwing in just two older cuts here (and a third –Beg Beg Beg for Japan).
But that’s fine with me – I love all 4 albums, but it is the two with Erik that truly blow my mind and sum up everything I love about modern era melodic rock.
The setlist featured reignites the songs once again for those of us that have played them 1000 times already, on what is undoubtedly one of the best live albums of recent years.
Absolutely essential.

I'm generally not fond of live albums either....Most of the time, they're recorded over a whole tour and they are so over-produced that they end up just sounding like a greatest hits CD with stuff we've already heard before. A perfect example of that was Def Leppard's Mirrorball. I'm a huge Leppard fan but hated that release. In fairness to them though, I think they got it right with the Viva Hysteria release...love that one.

That said though, this release does look great. It's basically one show and we're talking about a band that is generally playing smaller venues and that many people haven't even gotten the chance to see live. And their energy in a live setting really brings new life to many of their songs....

So really looking forward to this one.

Not sure if I'll do the Japanese version. I don't mind Beg Beg Beg.....But I wonder if that song will be last in the Japan track listing or if they will sprinkle it in the middle? Bonus tracks usually seem to be last but it would be weird having that song as the last song since they don't close their sets with that song. Would hope they would slot it in somewhere in the middle of the set.

• My Little Pony

Need to buy the Jap version, it contains Glen's fave song, 'Beg Beg Beg' :D

I went for a piss during that song ;-)

oh so chanting 'Beg Beg Beg' together in the toilet is allowed ? :D

Shots fired!

But, seriously, Glenard, answer the man.

I personally found the Manchester show to be a lot better.. Plus, they were able to play Danger road without technical issues, and were able to fit in Eye for an eye due to Supercharger finishing on time :P

The Japanese bonus track thing is always a bloody pain though, especially annoying on a live album!

I'll be picking this up anyway as I'm a bit of a die hard fan. It's just a pity it's missing those two songs and I'll have to get the more expensive Japanese version AGAIN to get all the tracks :D

Sorry for the dupe thread. The search function on this forum sucks balls. No results for H.E.A.T., so I tried Live In London. That also yielded nothing.

But after searching through many pages, I found Stefan's thread. :taz:

My original post:

http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2014-11-21/heat-announce-first-ever-live-album

1280x720.jpg

Live in London was recorded at The Garage in March

Swedish melodic metallers HEAT are to release their first live album in February. It was mainly recorded at The Garage in London on the tour supporting this year's Tearing Down The Walls release. The new album was mixed by Grammy-winning engineer Tobias Lindell, who's previously worked with the likes of Europe, Hammerfall and Hardcore Superstar.

Album Track listing

1. Point Of No Return
  2. A Shot At Redemption
  3. Better Off Alone
  4. 1000 Miles
  5. It's All About Tonight
  6. Inferno
  7. The Wreckoning / Tearing Down The Walls
  8. Mannequin Show
  9. Late Night Lady
  10. In And Out Of Trouble
  11. Downtown
  12. Enemy In Me
  13. Emergency
  14. Breaking The Silence
  15. Living On The Run
  16. Beg, Beg, Beg (Japan Bonus Track)

Live in London is released in the UK on February 23. The band tour the UK in December.

10th: London, Islington Academy
12th: Glasgow, ABC 2
13th: Leeds, The Key Club
14th: Wolverhampton, Slade Rooms

• My Little Pony

As much as the west coast of Canada is the best place to live on this planet, the music scene is seriously lacking. I wish I had access to shows like this on a regular basis.

Nothing exciting 'bout this release. I'm not so fond of live albums.

Sadly that's where I'm at with this one. Not sure I'll even give it a listen to be totally honest.

New promo video posted for this album that features Inferno:

Anybody seen the Japan track listing mentioned anywhere yet? I know Beg Beg Beg is the bonus track but I'm wondering if it's inserted somewhere in the set or if it's the last track. Just wouldn't seem right having it as the last track since it's not a song they close with.

Not a big fan of live albums either.

Agree

Dont know why it is, but I havent bought a live album since the late 80s??

Why is it the live albums from yester year were always awesome, but nowadays they pretty much stink??

Live albums I absolutely love -

Whitesnake - Live in the Heart

Thin Lizzy - Live & Dangerous

Journey - Captured

AC/DC - If you Want Blood

Kiss - Alive II

Triumph - Live at the US Fest 83

REO - You Get What You Play For

MSG - One Night At Budokan

Black Sabbath - Live Evil

Iron Maiden - Live After Death

Marillion - The Thieving Magpie

Queen - Live Killers

Rainbow - On Stage

Motorhead - No Sleep Til Hammersmith

Each one of those is a bona fide classic imo.

The only recent(ish) live album which even approaches these is Threshold - Critcal Energy and even that is over 10 years old now!!

I don't buy very many live albums either....I only own a couple...

I think mostly for me, there is all kinds of bootleg live content that is generally fairly available and it usually is better than official releases. It seems to me that usually, official releases are recorded over numerous shows and edited so much that they almost become unrecognizable. They always cut out the cool dialogue which is what makes lives shows unique to me. I like live recordings that are one show and basically a snapshot of a point in time.

That said, I'm definitely getting this one. H.e.a.t is a band with whom I haven't seen all kinds of high-quality bootlegs floating around and this disc would seem to be what I like...1 show (except for probably a song or two that they had to replace due to technical difficulties). Also, I so enjoyed seeing these guys for the first time during this past year so it'll be nice having a high-quality release to remind me of the show I saw and that captures some of the energy of seeing them live.

Dont know why it is, but I havent bought a live album since the late 80s??

Why is it the live albums from yester year were always awesome, but nowadays they pretty much stink??

Live albums I absolutely love -

Whitesnake - Live in the Heart

Thin Lizzy - Live & Dangerous

Journey - Captured

AC/DC - If you Want Blood

Kiss - Alive II

Triumph - Live at the US Fest 83

REO - You Get What You Play For

MSG - One Night At Budokan

Black Sabbath - Live Evil

Iron Maiden - Live After Death

Marillion - The Thieving Magpie

Queen - Live Killers

Rainbow - On Stage

Motorhead - No Sleep Til Hammersmith

Each one of those is a bona fide classic imo.

The only recent(ish) live album which even approaches these is Threshold - Critcal Energy and even that is over 10 years old now!!

I don't care for live ALBUMS much either. I can think of only a handful that have any staying power for me.

To me, a live performance needs a DVD, or now Blu-Ray treatment. It provides added context to all the background noise, acoustics, etc.

• My Little Pony

I don't care for live ALBUMS much either. I can think of only a handful that have any staying power for me.

To me, a live performance needs a DVD, or now Blu-Ray treatment. It provides added context to all the background noise, acoustics, etc.

Truu! If I buy a DVD and it comes with an album, cool. I likely won't listen to it, though.

4 reasons you should buy this :

1. you may not see them live anywhere but Europe and no DVD in production and there might be no DVD at all

2. there's no good quality bootlegs

3. hearing Erik singing couple of old tunes

4. Japan's version contain Glen's fave song, 'Beg Beg 'Beg'

:D