Elements of Friction - S/T

Dead Planet

• My Little Pony

Have you listened to this, yet? Is it any good? I wanna hear "Don't Walk Away," as I'm interested to know if Oliver Fehr can still sing. Dammit, I really want Transit to reunite.

• My Little Pony

Judging from the sampler, the first half sounds brilliant, then it trails off a bit. But this might be one I should pick up, because that Oliver Fehr track sounds great, and that might have to hold me over until the reunion.

With Elements Of Frictions, the newly founded melodic hard rock label Lions Pride Music, is bringing back some of the voices from the past of the genre in the likes of Larry Baud of Red Dawn/Networks, Mark Evans of Heavens Edge, Stefan Berggren of Snakes In Paradise, Stephan Kammerer of Frontline, Tommy La Verdi of 21 Guns/LRS, Paul Laine ex. Danger Danger and many more.

Elements Of Frictions is the brainchild of label owner and founder Carsten Nielsen; I’ve been a fan of this genre ever since the young age of 12. I grew up on Hardline, Bad English, Danger Danger, Harem Scarem, Unruly Child, House Of Lords and the list goes on. Thru the years the idea of starting my own label dedicated to this gerne, were always in the back of my head and when the first opportunity presented itself to realize this dream and the release of Elements Of Frictions, then there were no second guessing or doubt, it was all in.

I like this album for its diversity musically, hence the name Elements Of Frictions, it’s not all AOR or melodic rock nor is it hard rock, there is something on it for everyones liking. And that’s what I think stands out on this album and that of course that it has some of the voices back from the heydays back in recording for the first time in years.

Can't listen to these at the moment, but are we saying there's a new band called Elements of Friction, which has nothing to do with the Robin McCauley one a few years back? Didn't that have a Bad English link too?

• My Little Pony

Can't listen to these at the moment, but are we saying there's a new band called Elements of Friction, which has nothing to do with the Robin McCauley one a few years back? Didn't that have a Bad English link too?

No. It's Elements of Frictions. Even worse.

No. It's Elements of Frictions. Even worse.

That is horrific. How can such a horrible band name be used twice by different bands, give or take an 's'?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Been listening to this today and I have to say I really like it.You need it for the Marcello/Vestry track which is an absolute killer tune.

Review can be found here >>> www.redguitarmisic.com/album-reviews1/2014/11/21/various-elements-of-frictions-album-review

• 1 year later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

I missed this one when it came out. I just got this one directly from Lions Pride Music for $10. I have to say that I like it. There are a few fillers on here but for the most part it's some good AOR (14 tracks). I think it's worth the price. I like the Paul Laine, Marcello/Vestry and Emma Varg tracks. I've never heard of her (Emma Varg) before and am curious if she has any other material out there.

I missed it back at the time, but heard it a while later and I agree, it's a really good release. A lot of very worthwhile stuff on it.

• 4 months later...

A great compliation.

Elements-Of-Frictions-Fragile1.jpg

Tracks:

Marcello-Vestry - When You Grow Up

Area 51 - Little One

Emma Varg - Love Don't Live Here Anymore

Matt Alfonzetti (Jagged Edge, Skintrade, Bam Bam Boys) - Don't Leave Me Lonely

Larry Baud (Red Dawn) - Make You Mine

Oliver Fehr (Transit) - Don't Walk Away

Snakes In Paradise - Without Your Love

Mats Leven (Treat) - Only My Heart