Boulevard (Canada) - Unfinished Business EP

Stefan

10513240_722143971160421_853493609609165

So they're back together after a 26 year hiatus.

From FB:

We are getting together Tuesday to start finishing what we started at Abbey Road in London. We are looking forward to getting some new songs out next year!

The Indiegogo fundraising campaign (goal achieved): https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/boulevard-unfinished-business

The band:

David Forbes lead vocals
Dave Corman guitars
Andrew Johns keyboards
Mark Holden saxophone
Thom Christiansen bass
Randall Stoll drums

www.boulevardband.com

The last moment of that clip is someone saying "that was terrible" and they're not wrong about that rehearsal footage. I hope they do better than that if a recording happens. Jeez they're old now...

• My Little Pony

Uh... has it actually been 26 years? Did they fold immediately after the release of the debut, and then drop "Into the Street" posthumously? In any case, this is something to be excited for next year.

Uh... has it actually been 26 years? Did they fold immediately after the release of the debut, and then drop "Into the Street" posthumously? In any case, this is something to be excited for next year.

Exactly my thoughts, Into The Streets was released back in 1990. Was someone asleep during math in school?

I hope for the best and will definitely give this a go, but let's be honest. These guys look like the old guys who mow their lawns across the street every weekend. I hope they still have great songs in them, but I will need to hear it before I believe it. I'm not sure the world is ready for songs about mowing the lawn and minding the grandkids for a few days a week. ;)

These will be old songs from that era....not new songs so expect Into The Street styled stuff.

And they certainly arent old fuddys...they were amazing live and he can still sing just like on the album

I was blown away.

Ignore that clip. They were beyond consumately brilliant at Firefest. Easily one of the best bands ive seen there in the whole 10 years.

F...g backed x100 !!!!

• My Little Pony

Ignore that clip. They were beyond consumately brilliant at Firefest. Easily one of the best bands ive seen there in the whole 10 years.

I'm not sure what part of that statement upsets me more: that Boulevard is based 40 minutes West of me and I've never seen them, or that you've been able to attend Firefest for ten years.

I'm not sure what part of that statement upsets me more: that Boulevard is based 40 minutes West of me and I've never seen them, or that you've been able to attend Firefest for ten years.

Old Glen just lives down the road from Nottingham. Well, sort of ......! But definitely closer than me! ;)

• 2 years later...

From FB (January 26):

I just had to let everyone know that we heard all of the final mixes for the album today and WOW! This is by far our best work and I can hardly wait for you to hear it!
12 songs and it really is hard to believe that after 25 years we are back

• My Little Pony

From FB (January 26):

I just had to let everyone know that we heard all of the final mixes for the album today and WOW! This is by far our best work and I can hardly wait for you to hear it!

12 songs and it really is hard to believe that after 25 years we are back

Oh, boy! I truly hope they're correct. The Canadian AOR scene could use a strong return to form.