Gun - Frantic

PeterS

Just got this the other day, so in the pile of stuff to play. Great band they are too, apart from that '0141...' piece of crap spoiling a very fine discography.

If that don't have the dude off TOTW, Gallus and Swagger singing, I dont want nuthin to do with them, everyone on here tried to sell me a bill of goods on that last album they dropped, telling me how good it was, and despite the fact it was a different singer it propped Gun up and made them better, and it was improving on the band, this that and the other, so I order that fucker, and it BLEW!! it wasnt good, the new singer sucked, so If this had been released as some different named band, hell it might have been alright, but I want to hear, GUN! and unfortunately, they just happen to have one of those very unique sounding singers who for better or worse, basically make Gun, so who sings on this new Gun disc, btw the Gun I just ranted about was called Break The Silence or some shit like that.

I recall the last album being pretty good, despite my disappointment that the original singer was no longer part of the band. I'm hoping to get this in my ears asap.

I recall the last album being pretty good, despite my disappointment that the original singer was no longer part of the band. I'm hoping to get this in my ears asap.

I quite like it...It's quite Poppy and commercial in places, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. My fave tracks so far are 'Our Time' 'Frantic' ' Serephina' and 'Never Knew What I Had'. but it's all generally good, unless you keep harking on about the old line up in which case you probably won't like it

Toby Jepson (former Little Angels and Fastway singer) fronted the band after Mark Rankin left ... I think this new one has Dante Gizzi singing (he was originally their bass player) ... I saw them when they were touring 'Swagger', and they were BRILLIANT ...

You can hear his voice on backing vocals on the first few albums. He's too whiny for my tastes.

It's funny you say whiny as a couple of times on the disc I thought he sounded a bit like the nasaly side of Axl Rose's voice.

Heard it today and I was on the verge of ending it. The first 3 songs are terrible and I'd basically given up on the album. I skipped the rest of the 3rd song because it was too shit to sit through, and then looked through the folders on my USB stick to see what I should play next. Anyway, lucky for this album, as I was doing this the 4th song actually caught my attention. And strangely enough, the next 7 songs were actually all pretty cool. Doesn't sound a thing like the Gun who released those first 3 great albums, but this one has a few cool tunes.

so what's the score for that ?

Holy shit mate, just heard it yesterday! :lol:

No idea yet. I assume it'll hover around the mid to late 60% area. Don't think it'll crack the 70% mark as the first 3 songs will bring down the rating a lot, and there's nothing really excellent on here. Just nice solid kind of 7/10 tunes.

oh my, i think i'll save my ears for somethin else :D

I did put an initial rating on it today and it was basically 60% on the dot. The 2nd and 3rd songs are absolute abominations and basically destroy any chance the album has of a "pass mark" for me, which is 70%. The rest is okay, but not really that great.

• 4 months later...

ArticleSharedImage-44429.jpg

Track list (Deluxe Edition):

Disc One: Frantic

1. Let It Shine
2. Labour Of Life
3. Beautiful Smile
4. One Wrong Turn
5. Our Time
6. Frantic
7. Hold Your Head Up
8. Big City