Tigertailz

Doggy

It might old news now, but sadly Jules has left the band for personal reasons. The full poop is on their facebook page.

Thanks Jules, you made an old fan proud.

Talking on White Widdow, Crossfire hasnt got much staying power. A few months on and some songs are already wearing a bit thin. There are a few killer tracks of course but my initial rating on this was way too high....prob low to mid 80s is more accurate.

Talking on White Widdow, Crossfire hasnt got much staying power. A few months on and some songs are already wearing a bit thin. There are a few killer tracks of course but my initial rating on this was way too high....prob low to mid 80s is more accurate.

I said at the time I thought all you clowns were crazy immediately calling it their best album and saying it's better than 'Serenade' etc. I'd be interested to see how you all think now the dust is settled.

I love this disc; really do, but it's 3rd for me in their discography behind the brilliant 'Serenade' which has held up since it's release, but also their super stellar debut. It's a great discography so far.

I said in another thread, but I should give lessons on how to handle new releases in those first few months. Even I am human and make minor misjudgements, but I see it far too often where people climb all over a new release with 90%+ scores and "best in their discography" kind of thoughts, only to see it unravel a few months later. :)

It is the best in their discography. The other 2 are probably low 80s.

I rarely get initial ratings wrong but this one was quite late in the year so had to throw a quick rating on it. Its pretty immediate which sucked me in but unfortunately 3 or 4 tracks do wear thin pretty fast.

Have to add too that they suck live. Dont bother just enjoy the discs.

• My Little Pony

But that really ruins a band for me. If they can't perform live, I lose respect.

But that really ruins a band for me. If they can't perform live, I lose respect.

yep. I have lost a bit of respect for this band, but can still enjoy their discs for what they are.

He sounds a million times better on disc than live.

I won't go again that is for sure! Twice is enough.

I've seen White Widdow once, in a room as big as my bedroom, and The Deadthings several times (Jules' previous band) and always enjoyed the shows.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't anything from these guys since Banzai! I loved them back in the day and i have Clint from the Love Bomb Baby tattooed on my shoulder from a drunken 18th birthday night :) Is anything beyond the first three albums worth checking out?

'Wazbones' is a lot heavier than their earlier work, but a good disc. 'Bezerk 2.0' is okay and I honestly couldn't even remember having heard 'Thrill Pistol,' but I did see I left a comment on it on the main page. lol. That comment was back in 2007 and I doubt I've heard the album since then.

For me, the best thing they've done since 'Wazbones' is the very cool 'Knives' EP from 2013.

Hmm i'll have to have a look out for the rest then. I've got Thrill Pistol in my to listen to folder but that's it so far. Thanks Geoff

• 1 month later...

'Wazbones' is a lot heavier than their earlier work, but a good disc. 'Bezerk 2.0' is okay and I honestly couldn't even remember having heard 'Thrill Pistol,' but I did see I left a comment on it on the main page. lol. That comment was back in 2007 and I doubt I've heard the album since then.

For me, the best thing they've done since 'Wazbones' is the very cool 'Knives' EP from 2013.

Wazbones was the cd that introduced them to me and is still my favorite release from them. I haven't care for much since minus maybe the EP was ok.

Rob Wylde is announced as the new singer of the band.

The name sounds familiar... where would I know him from?

he's in the band isnt he??

he's in the band isnt he??

That was my first thought, and yeah, he is the bass player. Has he done anything else before this, though?