GREAT WHITE - Saturday Night Special (2014)

AlphaMale

from BANNED WEBSITE:

Great%2BWhite%2B-%2BSaturday%2BNight%2BS

As you may know, there's two versions now of GREAT WHITE, the US bluesy hard rock band. This one featuring the very talented vocalist Terry Ilous are releasing a new album entitled "Saturday Night Special" through the Collectors Dream Records label.

This 15 track features remixes / re-recordings of 3 Great White's most famous own songs, plus a selection of melodic hard rock hits done with the band's personal touch

"Saturday Night Special" is a nice present if you like cover albums.

The band has done some excellent renditions of Journey's classic "Any Way You Want It", Aerosmith's "Same Old Song And Dance" and Survivor's "Eye Of The Tiger".

These are my favorites, but all are interesting and really well done like "Kickstart My Heart" of Motley Crue, or the fabulous take on "Diamonds & Rust", popularized by Joan Baez.

The new re-workings on "Once Bitten, Twice Shy", "Rock Me Save" and especially "Your Love" are great too.

Great%2BWhite%2B-%2BSaturday%2BNight%2BS

If truly well done covers is your thing, you can't miss "Saturday Night Special Ready For Rock 'N' Roll Part II".

Ranging from bluesy hard rockers to AOR classics from the last three-four decades of music, this is a great album of versions to enjoy.

Very Recommended.

01. Once Bitten, Twice Shy
02. Rock Me
03. Save Your Love
04. Keep Your Hands To Yourself (GEORGIA SATELLITES)
05. Hard To Handle (BLACK CROWES)
06. Eye Of The Tiger (SURVIVOR)
07. Saturday Night Special (LYNYRD SKYNYRD)
08. Same Old Song And Dance (AEROSMITH)
09. Kickstart My Heart (MÖTLEY CRÜE)
10. Any Way You Want It (JOURNEY)
11. Unchained (VAN HALEN)
12. Diamonds & Rust (Joan Baez)
13. Dazed & Confused (LED ZEPPELIN)
14. Sarah (THIN LIZZY)
15. Blue Christmas (Elvis Presley)

Terry Ilous - Vocals
Mark Kendall - Guitar
Michael Lardie - Guitar
Scott Snyder - Bass
Audie Desbrow - Drums

BUY IT !
www.emp-online.co.uk/art_284662/

• My Little Pony

Um... saw that "Blue Christmas," which actually is one of the few Christmas songs I like, and thought, "Yeah, no." Why throw that on there? It changes the whole vibe. Not that covers albums often have a focused vibe to begin with.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

No Jack Russell, its not Great White.

Plus must be a proper shitty record label if they cant even spell Lynyrd Skynyrd.

:rofl2: I didn't even notice that.

Seriously, tho, who the hell is "Collectors Dream Music?" I guess its official, they have now recorded for pretty much every damn label there is. Not for nothin' but if even Frontiers and Deadline Music are passing on you, it might be time to re-examine your priorities.

No Jack Russell, its not Great White.

Plus must be a proper shitty record label if they cant even spell Lynyrd Skynyrd.

:rofl2: I didn't even notice that.

Seriously, tho, who the hell is "Collectors Dream Music?" I guess its official, they have now recorded for pretty much every damn label there is. Not for nothin' but if even Frontiers and Deadline Music are passing on you, it might be time to re-examine your priorities.

:lol:

This is also released through Collectors Dream. Can you spot the 'theme' in the artwork?

Halfnaked women and attacking sharks...

4028466400086.jpg

4028466400086.jpg

Looking at the track listing on the first album posted and the fact the second one posted was recorded in 1989, I gotta wonder if that first album does in fact include the current line up without Russell.

Only reason I say this is at least two tracks from that first album (Kickstart my heart and Unchained) were both recorded for tribute albums by Jack Russell over the years, and it may be a case of this being one of those compilation tribute albums which arent necessarily even the full band on most of the tracks.

This is also released through Collectors Dream. Can you spot the 'theme' in the artwork?

Halfnaked women and attacking sharks...

4028466400086.jpg

....and terrible Photoshop! :rofl2:

Another band apparently quite happy to drag their name through the mud ... sad ...

This is Jack Russell and it's fucking horrid. I couldn't even make it through it. His voice is still there and an original songs album would be interesting. This is so bad though...